Username: Password:

Author Topic: for me good champ is this  (Read 791 times)

Offline giorjoe

• love clean bagarre
    • oms team italia
for me good champ is this
« on: August 05, 2017, 10:17:AM »
For me best options in championship are:
Best drivers selection (fast and fair)
Real fuel
Real wear tyres
Real damage
No helps
Manual gear
Free cockpit for see what happen around you
45 min practice
15 quali
5 warm up
1hour race in laps
Weather 3 slots (1 slot definitly in calendar, 2 and 3 slots random for strategy)
No ghost car
Penalty based on penalty game
« Last Edit: August 05, 2017, 10:18:AM by giorjoe »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Re: for me good champ is this
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 05:11:PM »
For me it's important that the league is accessible to everyone who wants a fair and clean league, driving aids in general will just slow you down, so there is no real reason to ban them, it just excludes people. There are plenty of leagues out there where everything is restricted and only the fastest are allowed in, I like it that our league isn't one of those.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline giorjoe

• love clean bagarre
    • oms team italia
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2017, 08:16:PM »
I hope in next champ ad 10 minutes, no auromatic gear   , onlt stabilty control help and no chat during race

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 10:06:PM »
I hope in next champ ad 10 minutes, no auromatic gear   , onlt stabilty control help and no chat during race

giorjoe, I want to understand.  Are you saying no automatic transmission.  Allow stability control but not allow traction control nor anti-lock brakes?

Offline giorjoe

• love clean bagarre
    • oms team italia
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2017, 05:50:AM »
Yes... and no chat in race

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2017, 09:13:AM »
lol no chat in the race? Ok who has me muted? I rarely hear anyone and my mic is off unless i need to moan.
Also be glad Matt has sorted his mic out that was bad at the start  :shocked:

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2017, 12:51:PM »
I understand why people use traction control or anti-lock brakes but I am puzzled about stability control.  Apparently at least one of the fast drivers here wants this so I am thinking now, does this help you go faster and minimize off road excursions?!  I often wondered about stability control and thought at least once about blocking its use. 

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2017, 11:23:PM »
In my experience stability contrition promotes crazy corner speed. Both entry, mid, & early exit. It seems to mot limit throttle in the straighter sections like TC.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2017, 07:00:PM »
In my experience stability contrition promotes crazy corner speed. Both entry, mid, & early exit. It seems to mot limit throttle in the straighter sections like TC.
It sounds to me the use of stability control is a definite advantage compared to someone not using it, specially on a twisty track.  Am I reading this correctly?

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2017, 08:17:PM »
It sounds to me the use of stability control is a definite advantage compared to someone not using it, specially on a twisty track.  Am I reading this correctly?

It just makes it a lot easier, so much that it doesn't feel rewarding at all when you had a good race. Driving with SC on is driving on easy mode, but you cannot get everything out of your car. I personally want my setup and driving style to be the deciding factor and if that means the occasional spin, so be it, but at least I can drift a bit if I want/need to. I saw this video once where a guy (very good driver) drove a large number of laps in the same circumstances with all driving aid combinations and on every track and with every car he drove he was fastest with 0 assists. Every assist will limit what you can do with your car.
I didn't think that people were still using this, I've seen most people spin out at some point during races, something that is really difficult to do with SC on, but perhaps they toggle it on/off during the race...
Anyhoo, I believe it can be an essential tool for newer drivers to get going, I used it the first couple of Indycar races before I found a better controller setup (with the base setup driving without SC is almost impossible) that let me drive way more fluently and it felt much more rewarding to drive a good race, whether it's in the midfield, front or back. In my opinion all assists should remain allowed, everyone can turn them on if they want, but the feeling of reward after a good race should be the motivation for all to turn it off.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2017, 09:06:PM »
noooooooo Joe, you don't race with stability on do you?!?!  CHEAT!!!

lol, joking!  Each to their own.

I'm like you other guys, race with no assists at all, unless it's raining and then I may put ABS on at the most, but with regards to Traction and Stability, they are banned in my gameplay!  No fun or reward with those on at all.

It's funny joining random lobbies at times, and you realise the host has all assists turned off when on the first corner, half the grid go flying then quit out as they can't drive unassisted! 

PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view