Username: Password:

Author Topic: Fun championship series  (Read 456 times)

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
Fun championship series
« on: July 02, 2017, 02:20:PM »
Ok so I have an idea for something that creates more fun and pure racing where accidents don't ruin in for someone.

The format I'm thinking of is;
Superkart 250cc
1 hour practice
No quali. Random grid positions decided by PCARS,
Then 3 x 30 mile races (10 laps GP circuit), no further practice.
Damage off
Tyre wear x4 (tyres will not quite last the distance)
Real fuel usage
The circuit to be raced on gets decided when the race meeting starts
Points awarded to favour consistency, so 12 racers, points are 12 - 1 for 1st - last.
Points for the 3 fastest lap drivers @ 3, 2, 1 points

The idea is, no-one gets disappointed practicing for a week only to have their race ended at the first corner as there will be 3 races each meeting and with damage off contact won't be so catastrophic, while still trying to maintain clean racing, penalties for severe bad driving upheld by stewards.

1 hour practice is plenty of time to learn a track, setup and lap technique for a kart so it will be more about learning the machine at the track and pure racing.

Fastest laps mean even if you get punted miles to the back you could still salvage 4 points in that race.

Who would be up for something like that?

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
Re: Fun championship series
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2017, 07:26:PM »
nwver used the karts as I just assumed they would be slow like the Gt ones

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2017, 12:40:AM »
Nooooo chance ! For e.g. the Superkarts are about 8 secs a lap faster round Laguna seca than GT3 or the formula gulf cars. They do 160mph but it feels more like 250mph. They're mental and ace fun.  I just thought Superkarts because hardly anyone ever plays them yet the laptimes in them are always seem to be pretty close after very little tack time.

Having said that I've just had the cleanest race ever in ginetta g55s because they were set to default setup with clean racers. Just watched the replay and the entire 10 player field finished 18s apart in a 10 lap race.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2017, 02:24:PM »
Ill have a look at them but i think 1 hour of practice is too much for a mini series. I want more racing not more practice. Mini series - No practice - 15min qually - 10 lap flat out race. We will need something that is easy to drive where there no endless lapping for a setup maybe even lock to default setups to even the field out? But what ever it is it need to be fast i hate slow ass cars its gets boring to fast.