Username: Password:

Author Topic: Project Cars 2  (Read 4841 times)

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
Re: Project Cars 2
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2017, 07:48:AM »
any news on the ffb on this one I have googled but found nothing. I didn't really ever get round to changing all the ffb per cars on this one as it would of took the piss. Is this something we will have to do on the new one? I didn't see a page for it on the setup video in the above post.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2017, 10:00:AM »
any news on the ffb on this one I have googled but found nothing. I didn't really ever get round to changing all the ffb per cars on this one as it would of took the piss. Is this something we will have to do on the new one? I didn't see a page for it on the setup video in the above post.

I found this on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wwIeeKRjyN0
It shows the overall set up which is reduced from about 20 options to 4 so that's a real start.
I haven't seen any options that are specific to the car and track like we have now.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline jod08

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2017, 10:42:AM »
 At first I assumed all three options have the same settings. But the defaults must not change the scales?

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2017, 11:27:AM »
I'm guessing here but I think that there are the 3 flavours - Immersive, Informative and Raw and each flavour can have it's own settings
for Gain, Volume, Tone and FX.

These sound more like audio controls!

Better than the old settings with names like "Scoop Knee".

I just want steering where I can feel the tyres.
It should go lighter when you slide and go heavier when you brake. Rumbles over the kerbs and not too heavy when steering.

Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline jod08

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2017, 11:43:AM »
I just want steering where I can feel the tyres.
It should go lighter when you slide and go heavier when you brake. Rumbles over the kerbs and not too heavy when steering.

Yeah I played F1 the other day after some pcars and it felt like I was playing mariokart on the wii

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2017, 01:00:PM »
This is a good watch. Sounds like they've really been thinking about improvements:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsBzlB8IZIU

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2017, 04:32:PM »
The more footage I watch and info I get, the more I'm looking forward to this game. I usually don't pre-order, but I don't really see a reason to wait now ^^
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2017, 09:56:PM »
I'll be in Majorca when this arrives in my letter box!!  I will be itching to get home lol

Does anyone know whether there will be any supported apps at launch like Pcars Dash?  I'm surprised that SMS have not thought of doing one, bit of extra $ (unless they have)  :icon_confused:
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2017, 10:15:PM »
I'll be in Majorca when this arrives in my letter box!!  I will be itching to get home lol

Does anyone know whether there will be any supported apps at launch like Pcars Dash?  I'm surprised that SMS have not thought of doing one, bit of extra $ (unless they have)  :icon_confused:

Yes, they talked about that there will be backwards compatibility for apps using udp. They talked about that in the vid Matti posted, good vid, a lot of info and there will be another one on wednesday.

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2017, 10:21:PM »
Yes, they talked about that there will be backwards compatibility for apps using udp. They talked about that in the vid Matti posted, good vid, a lot of info and there will be another one on wednesday.

Brilliant news!!  Will check that video out now  :thumb_up:
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2017, 11:56:PM »
What flavor are we pre-ordering?
Standard on DVD
Deluxe online code with all the DLC & Season Pass
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #41 on: August 09, 2017, 09:07:AM »
What flavor are we pre-ordering?
Standard on DVD
Deluxe online code with all the DLC & Season Pass

I'm ordering the digital version (my disc player isn't that reliable, the games I buy on disc are the ones I intend to sell once I finished them) incl seasonpass (with this game I bought every piece of DLC when they released it). It has become a lot more expensive though. I bought the original at release digitally for 50euro, now the base game is 70 euro and 100 incl seasonpass. But I have put more than enough hours into the game and with racing games I like the fact that you always can go for a quick race, you don't need to play until you can save of so.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #42 on: August 09, 2017, 09:53:AM »
Can anyone recommend a tablet that will run crew chief it doesn't work on the one I have. Just want to buy a second one cheap as possible.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #43 on: August 09, 2017, 10:12:AM »
Can anyone recommend a tablet that will run crew chief it doesn't work on the one I have. Just want to buy a second one cheap as possible.
If you can find them, Nvidia Shield K1 are great value for money, bought my mother one for her b-day and it's fast, stable and by far the best tablet under 200.
I run crew chief on my phone though.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #44 on: August 09, 2017, 11:03:AM »
What is the season pass? What does it do?