Username: Password:

Author Topic: Project Cars 2  (Read 4337 times)

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
Project Cars 2
« on: June 14, 2017, 10:24:AM »
Project Cars 2 is out on 22nd September.

According to the website, it will feature online championships.
http://www.projectcarsgame.com/onlinechampionships.html?lang=en
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
Re: Project Cars 2
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2017, 10:31:AM »
ffs at the bottom is says

*PC ONLY. NO NEED FOR SPREADSHEETS, DATABASES, OR SCRAPS OF PAPER ;-)

or thats just regarding this "After each session, the results and driver/team standings are then sent to all so you can keep track of the championship progress at any time, and even export its status outside of the game*"
« Last Edit: June 14, 2017, 10:36:AM by jod08 »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2017, 12:46:PM »
I hope it's the latter. It would make sense since on consoles it's hard to export stuff outside of the game.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2017, 03:37:PM »
I think they mean it is PC only for exporting results but all platforms can run leagues.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 08:33:PM »
I wish they would show more open wheel content. So far the long beach Indycar video looks good. The default cockpit view has been much improved tough.

Offline jod08

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2017, 11:31:AM »
will this be VR compatible on playstation? i have googled but could not find anything.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2017, 11:31:AM by jod08 »

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2017, 12:05:PM »
will this be VR compatible on playstation? i have googled but could not find anything.

From what I have read, it will be, but limited on the PS4.  So basically, a select few tracks and cars, no doubt with dumbed down graphics etc for this mode.

I know that is what Polyphony Digital are doing with GT Sport, and people that tested this mode gave mixed reviews which is a shame.

I guess we just have to live with the fact that the only real/full VR experience you can get at present would be on PC thanks to far less limits on hardware power.

There is word that with the new Xbox X, Microsoft will be looking at 3rd party VR headsets such as Oculus to be compatible, that would be sweet!!
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view

Offline jod08

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2017, 02:18:PM »
Ok kool i did toy with the idea of gaming PC but i think there more hassle than there worth plus there big and loud

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2017, 11:32:PM »
I've just watched a vid about pc2 and it sounds better to me. One problem I have in this game which I'd never even thought about before is the amount of steering and throttle correction you have to do in the corners. Apparently this is a lot better in the new game.

I'm all for the Additional Group C cars being a old fella. We need a championship in those  :flag:

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #9 on: July 06, 2017, 10:46:PM »
AFter racing with you guys I can think of a number of essential improvements for PCARS 2.

For one, WTF is there no full leaderboard in a race?! Only the gap to the guy in front and behind. You so badly need to see who is where, particularly for backmarkers for when they need to get ready to get out of the way.

And after todays race - multiple pile-ups. PCARS 2 needs to be able to red flag the race. Could work wonders for stopping public lobby t-boners as well...

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #10 on: July 07, 2017, 12:16:AM »
One of those is so easily fixed. Show people who are coming up to you as a blue dot if they're about to lap you. Because in the past I have been in situations where there were drivers near me who were a lap down on me but also drivers who were about to lap me, but you can't differentiate between them until you get the blue flag which is usually shown when the other is already next to you. Just some extra colors on the mini map would do wonders.
And as long as they don't fix the lag issues properly, there is always a big chance of a pile up. It usually settles 10-20 seconds or so, but the first meters are so out of sync, collisions are unavoidable. I think the host should have the option for a restart (if enough people agree) if there is a major incident in the first lap, or the option to call in a safety car for 2 laps or so to give everyone a fighting chance again.

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2017, 09:26:AM »
For one, WTF is there no full leaderboard in a race?! Only the gap to the guy in front and behind. You so badly need to see who is where, particularly for backmarkers for when they need to get ready to get out of the way.

Get the Pcars Dash app my friend, essential info whilst racing!  It's an awesome app and amazed me when i found out I could get it on the PS4!!  It's usually a PC type thing.

I use my iPad for all race and car stats, and the iPhone as an extra speedo

Here's my little set up with it in action

PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2017, 11:01:PM »
Indeed that app works great it's really with getting. Also crew chief is good although I don't use that now.

Dennis - Ref the back markers. The game does give a blue flag although it puts it on far to early. Also the mini map shows you who's who. The car in front and behind you one is red one green I can't remember which way around. Anyway if a car is white then there not racing directly with you.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #13 on: July 09, 2017, 09:11:AM »
[quote author=thebag69 link=topic=491.msg4213#msg4213 date=1499554912

Dennis - Ref the back markers. The game does give a blue flag although it puts it on far to early. Also the mini map shows you who's who. The car in front and behind you one is red one green I can't remember which way around. Anyway if a car is white then there not racing directly with you.
[/quote]
That's what I mean the blue flags are shown way too early or way too late and I know Im racing against the green or red dot, but sometimes you're surrounded by white dots and you can't tell if it's a backmarker who is driving behind you or the leader, some extra colors on that map would solve that: if you see a blue dot aporoaching you know a blue flag is coming and you can think of a good place to let him by. If it's someone a lap down there is no need to get out of the way, might be handy to give backmarkers also their own color, pink for example. That way, if there is a train before you, you can see if there are any backmarkers there. It would just make things a little easier

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2017, 01:39:PM »
Full track list now confirmed, a massive 60 of them!  I swear I heard mention of Limerock a while back, shame this never made it, love that track.  Also no Sebring, apparently due to a massive license fee, so only 3 Nascar oval tracks plus old monza oval

(copy and pasted this below from PC forum)

Also link to full tracks - http://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-tracks.html?lang=en

Legend for the list - leading character :
(L) - Laser/drone scanned real world track
(S) - Standard real world track
(F) - Fictional track

ASIA & OCEANIA

(S) China - Zhuhai International Circuit [GP]
(L) Japan - Fuji Speedway [GP]
(F) Japan - Sakitto [GP - Sprint - National - International]
(L) Japan - Sportsland Sugo [International]
(S) UAE - Dubai Autodrome [GP - International - National - Club - Kartdrome]
(S) Australia - Mount Panorama Circuit (Bathurst) [Road]
(S) New Zealand - Mike Pero Motorsport Park (Ruapuna) [GP - Club - Club without dipper - B Track - A Track]

EUROPE & AFRICA

(L) Austria - Red Bull Ring [GP - National - Club]
(S) Belgium - Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps [1970 GP - GP with original grid & F1 pits - Karting (Greenwood)]
(S) Belgium - Circuit Zolder [GP]
(S) Czech Republic - Automotodrom Brno [GP]
(L) England - Brands Hatch [GP - Indy]
(L) England - Cadwell Park [Full - Club - Woodland]
(F) England - Chesterfield Karting Circuit [Karting]
(S) England - Donington Park [GP - National]
(F) England - Glencairn Karting Circuit [Full - Reverse - East - East Reverse - West - West Reverse]
(L) England - Lydden Hill Race Circuit [GP - RX]
(L) England - Oulton Park [International - Island - Fosters]
(S) England - Silverstone Circuit [1975 GP - Arena GP - International - National - Stowe Long]
(L) England - Snetterton Circuit [300 - 200 - 100]
(L) France - Circuit de Lohéac [RX]
(L) France - Circuit de la Sarthe (Le Mans) [24 Heures - Bugatti - Karting]
(F) France - Côte d'Azur (Azure Coast) [Full - Reverse - Stage 1 - Stage 2 - Stage 3]
(S) France - Rouen-Les-Essarts [1966 GP - 1972 GP]
(S) Germany - Hockenheimring [1982 GP - GP - National - Short Circuit 2 - RX]
(L) Germany - Nürburgring [Nordschleife+GP no arena incl. motorcycle chicane - Nordschleife - GP - Sprint - Sprint no arena - Müllenbachschleife - Nordschleife stage 1 - Nordschleife stage 2 - Nordschleife stage 3]
(S) Germany - Motorsport Arena Oschersleben [A - B - C]
(S) Italy - Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari (Imola) [GP]
(S) Italy - Autodromo Nazionale Monza [Road - Junior with extra chicane - 1966 Full - 1966 Road - 1966 Oval]
(S) Monaco - Circuit de Monaco (Azure Circuit) [GP]
(L) Norway - Lånkebanen (Hell) [RX]
(L) Portugal - Autódromo Internacional do Algarve (Portimão) [Fast Fast]
(F) Scotland - Bannochbrae ==> [Road]
(L) Scotland - Knockhill Racing Circuit [International - International Reverse - National - National Reverse - Tri-Oval - RX]
(S) Spain - Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya [GP - National with Nissan Chicane - Club]
(L) Sweden - Mercedes-Benz Onroad Winter Training [Combined - Circular drifting - Drift slalom - Layout 4 - Layout 5 - Layout 6]
(F) South Africa - Wildcrest Rallycross [Layout 1 - RX]

NORTH AMERICA

(F) Canada - Sampala Ice Circuit [ice ice baby]
(F) USA - California Highway [Full - Reverse - Stage 1 - Stage 2 - Stage 3]
(L) USA - Circuit of the Americas [GP - National - Club]
(L) USA - Daytona International Speedway [Speedway - Road - RX]
(L) USA - DirtFish [Layout 1 - Layout 2 - RX]
(L) USA - Indianapolis [Speedway - Road]
(S) USA - Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca [Road]
(F) USA - Mojave Desert [Cougar Ridge - Gila Crest - Boa Ascent - Sidewinder - Coyote Noose] (*)
(S) USA - Road America [Road]
(S) USA - Sonoma Raceway [Long - 2005 Indycar - NASCAR] (**)
(F) USA - Summerton Karting Circuit [Full - National - Sprint]
(L) USA - Texas Motor Speedway [Speedway - Road - Layout 3]
(L) USA - Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach [GP]
(S) USA - Watkins Glen International [GP - Short]
(S) USA - Willow Springs International Motorsports Park [Big Willow - Horse Thief Mile]
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 01:43:PM by legacy-8 »
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29