Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 5, Formula Gulf, Zuhai, June 22 2017  (Read 2014 times)

Offline legacy-8

Re: Round # 5, Formula Gulf, Zuhai, June 22 2017
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2017, 03:02:PM »
Well done again Rob, the last few laps on your video are intense, awesome racing!  Such a shame it ended with a coming together, which I think is just a racing incident, no fault on either side.

I was slow here compared to most of you guys.  It's a track I have never raced before, and I missed the mock race on Wednesday so I came here with no strategy. 

I managed a 1:34.7 in qualifying which I was pleased with, as we were all between 1:33 and 1:36.  I started 10th on the grid, then it began...

Wow what a start, all I could see in front of me was cars flying, driving backwards and spinning!  Nitemare!  I carefully weaved through the grid and got safely into 6th (if I recall, maybe 5th?)  Here is where I stayed for the first 6 or 7 laps, gained a position from another's error until a school boy error of my own into one corner that spun me then I lost a place and slotted back into 7th.  I stayed within a tight pack until pitting where it really buggered up.  I tried a new strategy for this race, one I haven't done before.  I carried just 15 laps worth of fuel to help ease of ware on the tyres, and pitted with a change of tyres, and another 10 laps worth of fuel.  Well, after about 3 years, I finally got released from the pits into 10th.  Back to full tank next race!

The second part of the race was great.  It was very tight between myself, Matti and Tarbz.  Matti had made a couple of mistakes along the way, also had a kiss with Tarbz at one point and this put me at the front of this little group.  The Bag was a solid 15 seconds ahead of me, and I know he's quick, so it was a case of trying to hold onto 8th.   Tarbz caught up with me over the next few laps and took his move, a very clean pass into a corner, and now it was a case of trying to fight back.  I kept the pressure on and this paid off, as Tarbz made a mistake on a hairpin and spun round.  This gave me a 3.5 second lead which again he closed on me within a few laps.  I tried to defend as best I could which I did, until a few laps from the end where he successfully passed me again.  Matti was having issues of his own behind so there was a healthy gap between us.  Tarbz was slowly increasing the gap in front to 1.5 seconds or so, and then I hear over the mic that Jod has a massive incident.  Myself and Tarbz gained on Jod and he was struggling with his damaged car, it wasn't until the last straight and finish that was caught with him....one more lap, and we would have gained a position!  Ended in 9th, not great, but happy with a clean race with some great moments.

Onto the next!
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2017, 03:14:PM »
Wait, just watched some on Imntr's video, firstly, great drift on the last hairpin lap 24!  Also, it shows Jod as being behind you, so I apologise as I'm not sure who myself and Tarbz were gaining on in the last couple of laps?!?
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2017, 03:25:PM »
Here is the link to my race:

https://youtu.be/9F1G7MLnbhs

at 38.44 you can see i have no front end on my car lol

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #33 on: June 23, 2017, 08:18:PM »
That was a great race. One of the best. I went for the no stop and it paid dividends for me getting from 12th to 4th. It should have been 5th but jod hit an IED.

Those last few laps were superb. Jod08 and Twitteryermine were closing on me lap after lap and I knew I couldn't hold them off for long.

I saw some really good racing last night and some even better sportsmanship. Superb work people. I love racing against you guys.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #34 on: June 23, 2017, 11:44:PM »
I've just watched both Lmntr and Robs vids.

Firstly to Lmntr- Get a proper user name, how do you say that after a few beers  :great:

Despite the gibes after watching the vid you were a lot closer than you looked in my mirrors. I have to give mucho credit here. People please watch this vid and aim to race like this. Very patient, clean precise racing. Exactly what we want. It would of been very easy for you to dive bomb but you didn't. Great stuff well played  :dance:

Rob - Excellent win again obviously been on the fried mars bars again  :sign0151:

After practice I was worried about if I'd chosen the correct gear ratios for the race which might be a podium decider. 2 seconds off the pace I doubt that mattered lol Whatever you have done to the car to handle like that certainly worked. It's obvious in the vid how much faster you were. Well done another deserved result  :steeringwheel:

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2017, 09:18:AM »
Thanks guys. I'm not sure if its driving stye or setup. i'll post the base setup setup on the PSN chat. change aero, gears and tire pressures is all I've done apart from Bathurst when I altered the height and springs by a few clicks.