Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 5, Formula Gulf, Zuhai, June 22 2017  (Read 2118 times)

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
Re: Round # 5, Formula Gulf, Zuhai, June 22 2017
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2017, 07:56:AM »
I don't like this track but at least there is no walls to hit. So i can focus on not hitting anyone else now!  :sign0151:
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 07:57:AM by jod08 »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2017, 08:53:AM »
I don't like this track but at least there is no walls to hit. So i can focus on not hitting anyone else now!  :sign0151:

LOL. I love street circuits but those walls are always my undoing. When playing Driveclub it was quicker to bounce of the wall than to make the apex.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2017, 09:45:PM »
How did tonight's race go chaps ?

I've still no internet grrrrrr fingers crossed I think I may have a solution.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2017, 10:23:PM »

It was more of the same for me qualifying near the back but at the end I found myself in 2nd!  Skanda threatened several times from 3rd but I think he was just easy on me. There was some incidents in the first turn of the first lap and I just decelerated at a nice pace to pick my way through after seeing some incidents ahead; the fellows will not be able to do it tomorrow since the damage will be turned on.   Or was the damage on? I do not know because I did not hit anything during the race!  Skanda was delayed by using his car to right up an overturned car with his own; otherwise I would be finishing in 3rd far behind!  Anyway, I hope you get your internet repaired on time to join.   I still lay out a 75 ft. long ethernet cable every time I race from my modem in the room addition on the first floor to the basement where my console is.  One of these days I will get in the crawl space in the room addition to run a proper cable.  I have a repeater in the main part of the house but it does not seem to do the job with the console so I am forced to run with the cable to prevent problems. 

Offline jod08

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2017, 09:07:AM »

i have hot spotted off my phone a few times when i moved house and no internet for a week. It was stable and used less data than i thought i think i played about 3 nights of zombies and it used about 3-4gb of my data plan i would imagine p cars will use more thow. Or just brake into next door and get the password for there router lol.

There was some incidents in the first turn of the first lap and I just decelerated at a nice pace to pick my way through after seeing some incidents ahead; the fellows will not be able to do it tomorrow since the damage will be turned on.   Or was the damage on? I do not know because I did not hit anything during the race!  Skanda was delayed by using his car to right up an overturned car with his own. 

Damage was defo off as it was me that turned the car back onto all four wheels on the second lap which spun me out tbf i didnt think it would of hindered me that much but i was wrong. I ended up backwards on track and in second to last place. Then on the same lap got a tow before that last corner kept on him threw the bend puled out to overtake on the straight and he pulled out in front of me at the same :wtf: tbf i think he was moving out the way but i ended up in the wall again way off track. The rest of the race i was playing catch up and mess up. I dont know what was going on infront but on the last lap with 3 turns left there was just a bunch of cars that i caught up to fast 3/4 of us went into one corner and all got squeezed and pushed wide and i ended up 3rd from 7th. After the race it turned out that mattikake didn't pit for tyres in the whole race.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2017, 11:11:AM »
Hi all,

Yeah so the longest race I've had on PCARS so far is about 10 laps, so I wanted to see how tyre wear and fuel works in this game, accelerated wear or not. What I have discovered is by feet are killing me today! So much I was thinking of pulling out tonight but nah... who races fully fit? ;)

Last couple of laps were fun trying to hold off 2 or 3 guys with knackered tyres but tbh it wasn't as much as a handful as I thought it might be but enough to get eaten alive in the traction zones. I could've defended into the last corner but given it was just a game I let them go.

Nice to see I'm not out of my depth though setting fastest practice time and pole with what apparently were a good times the world over... in a car and circuit I've never driven before. :)

Offline jod08

« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2017, 01:02:PM »
Yeah my heals hurt too but u will get used to it. I have a peace of foam I sometimes use if there real bad lol. Not sure if u know but tyre wear is on x4 setting. And you not pitting made what was a crap race into a fun dash for the line.

Yeah they was some fast times for first running. what wheel/aids do u use?

Offline legacy-8

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2017, 04:39:PM »
Hey guys

Will be with you tonight :)  Never raced this track before, but been looking at the layout. 

What kind of lap times are you guys setting? 

See you later
PS4 Pro
Playseat with G29
Pcars Dash on iPad and iPhone
Race with no assists and cockpit view

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2017, 06:10:PM »
Sorry guys, won't be racing today. My wife and I are babysitting our 4 year old niece today, gonna take her to see Cars 3.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2017, 09:18:PM »
You missed a stonker mate.

I didn't have the pace of the front guys tonight for some reason the car didn't feel right. Not to worry I had a good battle for most of the race with the old fella, good enjoyable racing  :sign0098:

The last couple of laps were bananas 3 cars going into the last corner  :grin:

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2017, 11:23:PM »
 :cheer: :035:   Congratulations to r_whalley89 on his triple achievement of the race with his Pole, fast lap and wiiiinnnnn!  ( as when the announcer says goooollllll in soccer. ). :035: :cheer:   Also, tremendous results to Zebulin99 and TwitteryErmine on their respective 2nd and 3rd Place!! :cheer:

I did not have the best qualifying run and the most I could muster was 11th Place.  :icon_sad:  My start was very good which was helped by two other mishaps and found myself running next to Mattikake if my memory serves me correctly; He apparently did not know I was next to him as I saw him squeeze me slowly towards the edge of the road that I just did self-preservation and eased off the accelerator rather than needing a dialogue later about it.  I entered the first turn concentrating on the outside and that is when I saw The_Bag_ do an expectacular drift-pass on me that I could have never been able to anticipate; kudos to him!  :13:   I followed The_Bag_ for so many laps and many times right next to his rear tires as our position advanced in tandem to 5th and 6th respectively due to other drivers’ mishaps.  He appeared to have a little problem with his tires and that is when I was my closest and finally was able to make a pass stick as clean as I could on Lap 11.  We took to the pits together but Mattikake managed to get between us at pit exit as I followed jod08 within sight.   I only had several seconds to The_Bag and it took all my concentration to keep him at a stable gap for many laps until I encountered L33-BAL who lost it right in front of my path and had to take evasive action putting two wheels on the grass; that was enough to allow The_Bag_ near me suddenly and with renewed incentive as well as my draft.   :icon_surprised:   I thought “two more interminable laps” will follow with Bag imagining himself in front of me but then, jod08 lost it up ahead and I managed to get next to him of all places despite my utmost effort to put him behind me; we summoned the racing gods in the last two laps to bestow upon us a transcendental skillset that kept us so close and yet fully aware that a fraction of a second maneuver could have meant the end in the last laps.   I was just so relieved that I managed to come in 5th while having The_Bag_ and jod08 so close right behind me: let me tell you, it would not have been possible without the skill and immaculate racing approach displayed by them.    :great:   

I have the recording from my helmet view throughout the race and will gladly share as soon as possible.

* edit in red font
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 04:21:PM by lmntr »

Offline jod08

« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2017, 08:30:AM »
First off that was the best race i have ever had!  :13: also hats of to rob for the win again! seems like he is untouchable.

On the first corner i just kept my distance this time and backed off making sure i had space if i need it. I came out of the first corner in 3rd behind nigelmansell. Me and twittery had some awesome battles for 2/3rd from the first lap all the way threw i can not remember how many times we swapped places. But he soon got wise to my line in first corner and shut the door on me a few times. It took me by surprise the first time and i tapped him but it was a light tap and we both carried on. About lap 12 he started to slowly pull out the 2sec window so i thought ill pit. Came out the pits in 6th i think and twiitery pitted 1 or 2 laps later the undercut had worked as i was in front again. I was amazed that skan was still out i even asked him if he was stopping but got no reply. Me and twiitery carried on battling i can not remember how but he got passed me. We was catching skan every lap and then into the first corner lap 20ish twittery skan and me was all close. twittery took me by surprise again as he took a strange line in and i couldn't slow down and shunt but this time he lost traction and i think it fucked him up a bit as i got passed but he was soon on me again putting the pressure on. Next up was skan an i was amazed as he had not pitted. I manged to get close and knew his tyres was old and any hold up now give twittery my place on the podium. I saw my chance in the first hairpin under braking it was a bit aggressive but i saw space. On the corner exit his front tyre was inbwteen my tyres and he wouldn't give up the place i am amazed we didn't spin. Awesome i thought im passed looked behind and skan had come off worse than i thought nothing major just lost time which pissed me off as i didn't want that to happen plus Twittery was right there behind me again. I think we went another lap and on the staright section before the fast left hander before the last hairpin the game glitched! It felt like i was picked up and slamed into the ground then flicked off the track by a giant! I had no front end on the car and was in the grass :wtf: Even twitery behind siad what the fuck was that. About 3-4 cars pass me and i was ready to give up. But because the race was so amazing before this i carried on plus I was still in the points. I think i picked it up behind lmntr infront of bag and again like yesterday approaching the last hairpin on the last lap 3 cars in and out the hairpin racing into the last corner fighting for space and slipstream. I think we all took it at the same time i left space for bag on the inside as i saw him move out. But i couldn't hold my line and ran out of space as the bag was by my side so finished 7TH? i can not rember tbf and not too fused. i should of been in 3rd but fuck it.  Awesome race just shame about the glitch (I would love to see it if anyone has the replay saved and can record it from different angles please)

Also not sure what was going on with nigelmansell he was in second after the first corner and as i was following him for a few laps his car seems to weave left right very fast as he goes down the straights. I think he has a weak connection and he left the game about lap 9?
« Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 12:28:PM by jod08 »

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #27 on: June 23, 2017, 09:56:AM »
https://youtu.be/oXy4nnosifE

having the game since release I have rarely raced on this track so I was glad I took part in the mock race.

The start of the race Tarbz i think it was managed to get a good start and had the inside line going into turn 1 but he out braked himself allowing me to dive to the inside to retake the lead. The 1st stint of the race I was able to build a lead. The battle for 2nd seemed a lot of fun I lost count of the amount of changes. At the end of the 1st stint I was thinking of fuel and short shifting every lap, ended up pitting at the end of lap 13/14. Didn't want to take a chance of running out so added 4 litres at the pit stop. Came out 10 seconds behind Zeb. took me a few laps to realise he wasn't going to pit. Fair play to anyone to lasted the whole without pitting by the way.  :sign0098:

over the next 10 laps I pushed like crazy to close the gap and managed to get it down with 2 laps to go. we went side by side a few times and on the last lap I had the inside line going into the 1st of the double left handed corner. I braked slightly later than Zeb meaning I ran wide and Zeb tried the under cut to get the inside line for the next corner. we came together on corner exit. I couldn't save the replay so if someone could have a look at the incident and show the stewards. Everyone loves to win a race about but I don't like the way it ended.

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2017, 10:45:AM »
This must've been the saddest ever noob entry from me.

After trying too hard in quali to get that -0.5 sec I saw on a lap from the mock quali, I failed. But that was just the beginning...

After warm-up I took a moment to get up and unstick my pants from my rse and get a swig of water. When I rushed to sit down I didn't realise I knocked my gears into reverse, so when I revved, I moved backwards. And got a drive-through for a jump start.

It gets worse. So while miles behind I did claw myself up from 12th to about 9/8th and nearly had an accidental double overtake Rene Arnoux style (long beach 1983) when the those I was closing on braked so much earlier than I expected.

Then it got even more noob when I went for my first ever pitstop. The reason it was so fast was I didn't know you had to select change tyres even though my choice of tyre was selected! I guess that's for LM racing. That meant I had to pit again for tyres and emerged some 30 secs behind 2nd-to-last. So a boring race from there. I got that gap down to 15secs or so and that was it. So I must've lost 40-50 secs exploring the pitlane.

Annoyingly I was driving well. IIRC all my laps were mid 1:33s to low 1:34s and not a single [driving] mistake. Not much else to do though really other than lap. Should've been a podium maybe.

2 hours of my life I'll never get back! But ready to waste some more.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #29 on: June 23, 2017, 02:52:PM »
Here is the link to my race:

https://youtu.be/9F1G7MLnbhs