Username: Password:

Author Topic: Tracks for next season  (Read 867 times)

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
Tracks for next season
« on: April 29, 2017, 11:01:PM »
If we go with the gulf's then tracks between 3.0km-3.5km are best suited for this cars hp and top speed.  Here's a list of possible tracks from the game

Azure circuit
Barcelona national
Donnington Park national
Dubai national
Hockenheim national
Nurburgring sprint short
Sakitto national
Silverstone national

There's another 3-5 more I don't remember off the top of my head.  If we go the Formula Renault route then we just upgrade to GP circuit layouts.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Re: Tracks for next season
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2017, 11:20:PM »
"Quote from: Dnns84 on April 17, 2017, 05:31:PM

This would make a pretty nice diverse calendar imho:
1. Silverstone
2. Sonoma
3. Oschersleben
4. Hockenheim
5. Dubai Autodrome
6. Donington Park
7. Road America
8. Imola
9. Brno
10. Laguna Seca
11. Zuhai
12. Barcelona-Catalunya

About half of these tracks have the option to go for a shorter non-GP variant, but all of them are in principal suited for a fast car.

Perhaps DLC tracks like the Bannochbrae road circuit and Rouen Les Essarts could make for a fun addition to the traditional circuits? Bathurst is also a track that hasn't been driven on as far as I could see, could also be nice to add that one as a nail-biter up and down the hill with all the boarding pretty close ^^

Cadwell GP would also have been nice in a slower car, but unfortunately the pits is too short there to accommodate a full grid, which also applies to a couple of other tracks."

This was a message I send about 2 weeks ago and I have been doing some testing for suitable tire wear the past 2 days:

I took Imola as benchmark since we drove there already in the Gulf and also in FB. A nice distance would be 35% of an F1 GP.

Imola would be 22 laps
Dubai International 25 laps
Hockenheim National 29 laps
Laguna Seca 30 laps

I have tested these 4 tracks with different amounts of tire wear.

At 35% the total race time will be close to 40 minutes, at some tracks a couple of minutes more, on other a couple less.
We don't have to go for the shortest version of each track, Donington GP for example is short enough.

There is nothing official whatsoever about this list, it's just my personal idea of a balanced calendar
« Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 11:22:PM by Dnns84 »
The downforce is strong with this one

Online thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2017, 01:23:PM »
Don't choose Cadwell as it doesn't work properly in multi player.

Online thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2017, 01:26:PM »
Is there a race tonight? If so wat time ?

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2017, 06:23:PM »
Is there a race tonight? If so wat time ?

I am not aware of any plans for tonight, but I can't participate in any case. However, feel free to host something and send out invites :)

At your previous comment about Cadwell, I mentioned it would be a nice track, but unfortunately not suitable for a multiplayer race due to the short pits, a bummer since that track would be great fun in the FG1000.

Online thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2017, 08:02:PM »
It would make a good track

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2017, 10:39:PM »
I'll be away so no votes from me. I just took the FG1000 for a 10 lap spin around Bannochbrae Road Circuit. It was a joy to push this car here.  2:16.609 was my best, the AI do 2:21's & 2's. I like the flow and getting air with wheel in it. Too bad not all have this track. To me it is definitely worth considering at some point though.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2017, 12:36:AM by SCClockDr »
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2017, 02:27:PM »
I'll be away so no votes from me. I just took the FG1000 for a 10 lap spin around Bannochbrae Road Circuit. It was a joy to push this car here.  2:16.609 was my best, the AI do 2:21's & 2's. I like the flow and getting air with wheel in it. Too bad not all have this track. To me it is definitely worth considering at some point though.

I have seen several comments and got curious enough to look for the package that includes Bannochbrae in case we include it in the track list and to give the information out for those that do not have it, and could not find it looking through the PCars App Menu.  I only found two options:  Pagani Nurburgring Combined track expansion and Classic Lotus track expansion.  I looked for it in the PCars website and found five different track expansion options and Bannochbrae was included in Stance Works track expansion.  The other two were Aston Martin and Audi Ruapuna Park track expansions.   Sometime later I will do a search in the PS Store.  Hopefully is still there :icon_surprised: !

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2017, 02:48:PM »

I have seen several comments and got curious enough to look for the package that includes Bannochbrae in case we include it in the track list and to give the information out for those that do not have it, and could not find it looking through the PCars App Menu.  I only found two options:  Pagani Nurburgring Combined track expansion and Classic Lotus track expansion.  I looked for it in the PCars website and found five different track expansion options and Bannochbrae was included in Stance Works track expansion.  The other two were Aston Martin and Audi Ruapuna Park track expansions.   Sometime later I will do a search in the PS Store.  Hopefully is still there :icon_surprised: !

I just looked and it's still there, right in the middle on my screen:

Online thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2017, 03:24:PM »
I wouldn't vote for it tbh it doesn't make good racing and if you crash you are pretty much out of the race. You don't have a small crash there. Every race I've done there half the field don't Finnish.

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2017, 06:20:PM »
One must be patient and set up overtakes. Attempting to out brake or slip by in tight quarters is asking for trouble. Nailing an apex/exit is far safer way to advance here. It does seem painful to follow a slow poke through the tight places but pays dividends overall.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief