Username: Password:

Poll

Which car would you like to drive next season?

Formula C
2 (16.7%)
Formula Rookie
0 (0%)
Formula Gulf 1000
8 (66.7%)
Formula Renault 3.5
2 (16.7%)
Lotus 98T
0 (0%)
Lotus 78
0 (0%)
Lotus 72D
0 (0%)
Lotus 49C
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: May 02, 2017, 09:21:PM

Author Topic: Car for next season  (Read 1055 times)

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Car for next season
« on: April 27, 2017, 09:21:PM »
I just created a poll with all the open wheel formula cars in the game that haven't been driven over the past 3 seasons (FB, Indy, FA).
Picking a car quickly is priority number 1 imo, the track list and rule changes (if needed) can be voted on after we have the car. I included all the old Lotus cars (that have wings).

« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 09:22:PM by Dnns84 »
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Re: Car for next season
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2017, 11:34:PM »
Tracks should be picked to the cars. Rookie and Gulf for eg let's have some small tracks spice it up a bit would be a bit dull on a long track in those.

Or hold 2 race nights a week. Most people seem to be on anyway.

Smaller car i.e. Rookie / Gulf 2 x shorter races

Then main race night with the Renault long race.

Less practice more race. We're all here to race eh.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2017, 11:46:PM »
Tracks should be picked to the cars. Rookie and Gulf for eg let's have some small tracks spice it up a bit would be a bit dull on a long track in those.

Or hold 2 race nights a week. Most people seem to be on anyway.

Smaller car i.e. Rookie / Gulf 2 x shorter races

Then main race night with the Renault long race.

Less practice more race. We're all here to race eh.

I think for the championship we should stick to 1 car, but I do agree on mixing in some shorter variants of tracks if a slower car is chosen. I do have a balanced calendar in mind of which half the tracks have shorter layout options, tracks we haven't driven for a while and a couple of classics. But that's something we will vote on later.
It would also be nice to keep the 'different car Mondays' going, just for fun. But having more than 1 official race night might prove problematic for those that have little spare time to begin with or those participating in other leagues besides ours.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 04:52:PM »
I agree that we should try to match the cars to the tracks.
Formula B around Monaco is an experience I don't want to repeat. I just couldn't turn tight enough for the hairpin.

Some of the shorter variants are good tracks in their own right.
Dubai, Silverstone, Oulton Park, Snetterton and Barcelona to name a few.
The test track has a few variants as well.

Whatever we choose, I am going to lobby hard  :ecomcity: for the inclusion of Bannochbrae. What a circuit.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 06:13:PM »
Whatever we choose, I am going to lobby hard  :ecomcity: for the inclusion of Bannochbrae. What a circuit.

It's those sheep next to the road, right? At least now we know in advance why your pitstop there will take a few minutes ;)  :grin:

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2017, 09:30:AM »
With the other league I race with we did a formula a race around there. Absolute carnage lol

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2017, 01:30:PM »
With the other league I race with we did a formula a race around there. Absolute carnage lol

I had a lot of fun with the FA.  I do not have the Bannochbrae track but I would be okay purchasing it.  Are all of you okay with getting this track?   

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2017, 02:17:PM »

I had a lot of fun with the FA.  I do not have the Bannochbrae track but I would be okay purchasing it.  Are all of you okay with getting this track?

Shouldn't we wait until we put the calendar to the vote? It's a fun track, but don't we normally list like 15 tracks or so of which people may select 9 and the 12 most popular become the calendar?

On the other hand, if people who don't own that DLC, now say they aren't prepared to buy the track when it gets voted to be on the calendar, we could leave it out of the vote. The same applies to Rouen les Essarts which would also be fun imho, but is also part of another DLC.

Overview: Bannochbrae = Stanceworks track expansion, also includes 4 cars
Rouen Les Essarts = Classic Lotus Track expansion, also includes Hockenheim classic, silverstone classic and 4 cars

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2017, 03:19:PM »

It's those sheep next to the road, right? At least now we know in advance why your pitstop there will take a few minutes ;)  :grin:

You can't prove anything.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2017, 08:11:PM »
I agree about picking tracks to suit the car.  The fg1000 is fun on F1 sized tracks but only if you have a full field. Even then the track can get quite lonely at times.