Username: Password:

Author Topic: Rolling starts except of standing starts to avoid async crashes.  (Read 467 times)

Offline samsimala

• your custom title
Hey mates.

The last races we always have one or two cars  who crashes cause of the car in front does not move.

In the replays of the cars involved to the collision, it looks totally different.

I know  youtubers  "Viperconcept" and "abgefahren!"
Wo talks a lot of time while playing Pcars that the physic  engine  is based on moving cars. So it has big problems calculating standing cars.
Asetto  corsa and raceroom  has similar  problems but no that  big.

What about during always a rolling start every time  ?

I'll drive the pace car and turn off my back lights when the race starting.

Then I'll go to pits. Turn on the position monitor. And do a record of it. Afterward's I create  a 4 screen split  screen of the race.
(Top 3 and the poison monitor. The monitor was missing last time :/ )

In the meantime I can announce lapping cars  or some gaps if you think it's nice..

What you thinking ?

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Re: Rolling starts except of standing starts to avoid async crashes.
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2017, 01:48:PM »
I'm against it. We voted on this a couple of weeks ago.
Rolling starts are hard enough to organize as it is, but we also have to deal with a language barrier, people without headsets etc. Those things aren't fixed by a safetycar because it doesn't go wrong at the front, but further down the line.

Yesterday all the cars were moving (not on your replay, but that is because pretty much each replay has its faults in this game). Yesterday someone came from the back with either a super start or a jump start and crashed into me trying to overtake my teammate.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline samsimala

• your custom title
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2017, 01:51:PM »
Oh yes I agree.
The voice / language  barrier is very bad to do safety   car starts :/

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2017, 02:04:PM »
While I am not keen to relinquish positions, on the start I have resigned myself to accept 2, 3, or 4+ positions and glide into turn 1 with a gap in front so I can pick my way through any carnage.There are many laps to advance through the grid if I drive well enough. If I drive poorly an average start was not the issue for the poor showing. It is an incredibly long way to the pits with a damaged car from turn 1, if you can move at all, that is.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief