Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Paddock Bar  (Read 2865 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Re: The Paddock Bar
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2017, 11:15:PM »
Well, after nearly 2,5 years of waiting lists for a pain rehab program, I finally got good news today. I went to a rehab clinic for an intake today and they told me I could start with my program within 3 to 6 weeks and the hospitalization itself will be 6 to 8 weeks.
This does mean I will miss 6-8 weeks of the upcoming season, which is a bummer, because it looks like it will be a really fun season, but maybe, hopefully I will finally be able to use a wheel again when I get home :steeringwheel: although it also may take a while before that's possible.

You may request to bring your console for “therapeutic” reasons.  :grin:    Just kidding!   It is certainly good news!  :13:   You have been a real trooper all this time and helping us immensely with the league despite all your troubles.  It is all well appreciated.  I hope you can finally get what you need.   :icon_wink:

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2017, 09:59:PM »
Well, after nearly 2,5 years of waiting lists for a pain rehab program, I finally got good news today. I went to a rehab clinic for an intake today and they told me I could start with my program within 3 to 6 weeks and the hospitalization itself will be 6 to 8 weeks.
This does mean I will miss 6-8 weeks of the upcoming season, which is a bummer, because it looks like it will be a really fun season, but maybe, hopefully I will finally be able to use a wheel again when I get home :steeringwheel: although it also may take a while before that's possible.

That is such good news fella. I understand what chronic pain is like.
Remember:
Be nice to the nurses because they really care.
Don't take any shit from the doctors. Learning some of their lingo really helps.
Good luck.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2017, 01:52:PM »
https://www.facebook.com/TheGoNet/videos/1511676075581409/

Looks like me trying to get the Formula B pretty much any car through the Hotel hairpin at Monaco  :banghead:
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2017, 02:31:PM »
Hey guys, guess who's back...

Well, I'm not going back to that pain rehab clinic. Over the past 2 weeks the pain has been so much I haven't been able to take part in any of the different sorts of therapy, the physician refuses to prescribe extra painkillers (wtf?) and after 2 weeks of so much pain, 1-2 hours of sleep per night and not being able to eat solid food I decided to call it a day, physically and emotionally I'm completely drained. In my current situation I would have never made it past the intake, so I was basically in the wrong place, and none of the doctors and therapists know what to do with me, so I'm not going to torture myself any longer there. At home I can at least take off the edge with (medical) cannabis, sleep in a decent bed (the beds there are horrible and everyone else was also complaining about that) and I want to get a new CT scan because it's not normal what's going on now. It feels like having a knife in my back and when I stand up or walk it feels like someone is constantly twisting that knife, the last time I was in so much pain was right after waking up from my 2nd back surgery and then it only lasted for a number of hours.
In the coming days I will look into if I'm able to drive, but chances are I'll be too much of a liability on track because of either the pain or the painkillers causing me not being able to focus.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2017, 06:02:PM »
Hey guys, guess who's back...

Well, I'm not going back to that pain rehab clinic. Over the past 2 weeks the pain has been so much I haven't been able to take part in any of the different sorts of therapy, the physician refuses to prescribe extra painkillers (wtf?) and after 2 weeks of so much pain, 1-2 hours of sleep per night and not being able to eat solid food I decided to call it a day, physically and emotionally I'm completely drained. In my current situation I would have never made it past the intake, so I was basically in the wrong place, and none of the doctors and therapists know what to do with me, so I'm not going to torture myself any longer there. At home I can at least take off the edge with (medical) cannabis, sleep in a decent bed (the beds there are horrible and everyone else was also complaining about that) and I want to get a new CT scan because it's not normal what's going on now. It feels like having a knife in my back and when I stand up or walk it feels like someone is constantly twisting that knife, the last time I was in so much pain was right after waking up from my 2nd back surgery and then it only lasted for a number of hours.
In the coming days I will look into if I'm able to drive, but chances are I'll be too much of a liability on track because of either the pain or the painkillers causing me not being able to focus.

I am sorry to hear it did not work out.  I can only imagine what you are going through so I can really sympathized with you.  Take your time coming back to competition until you are ready, unless you just want to join us to watch and keep us in check by acting as our “Charlie Withing”.   Just kidding, I am looking forward to see you back when you are able.   :039:

Offline jod08

• Drive it like you stole it!
« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2017, 01:34:PM »
It feels like having a knife in my back and when I stand up or walk it feels like someone is constantly twisting that knife, the last time I was in so much pain was right after waking up from my 2nd back surgery and then it only lasted for a number of hours.

Bad news mate, especially after 2.5 years of waiting.  When i read that quote above it made me cringe. How the hell are you coping with that on a daily basis must be some strong ass meds. Hopefully you will get some answers at the next scan. See you on track soon :steeringwheel:
« Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 01:59:PM by jod08 »

Offline Mattikake

• your custom title
« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2017, 09:15:AM »
Sounds horrible. So what is the actual problem with your back? I've dealt with 100's of people with back problems in my line of work (I'm a [good] freelance PT). 99% of the time severe back pain comes from muscles in spasm as they tighten to attempt to protect the site of injury. Unlocking them is difficult and even more painful.

I've been through all your posts and I can't find the initial one that describes your back issue.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2017, 10:06:AM »
Someone who knows what they talking about! Matt get on a plane to the Netherlands now!

I'm sorry to hear that it's not gone well Dennis. I have suffered with chronic pain but nothing like what you have experienced.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2017, 12:23:PM »
Sounds horrible. So what is the actual problem with your back? I've dealt with 100's of people with back problems in my line of work (I'm a [good] freelance PT). 99% of the time severe back pain comes from muscles in spasm as they tighten to attempt to protect the site of injury. Unlocking them is difficult and even more painful.

I've been through all your posts and I can't find the initial one that describes your back issue.
The problem originates from back in 2012 when I had a spinal disc herniation in my lower back (L4-L5) (with the pain also going into my left leg all the way into my foot) which didn't go away on its own and after 3 months I had surgery. After rehab I could do most things again without pain, except for standing still / walking slowly which still caused pain, but that was manageable.
In January 2014 the pain suddenly returned and after trying loads of other things (injections, blockades, PT etc) I finally had surgery again in september of that year (so after 9 months). The surgeon first thought the problem was the partial return of the hernia, but it turned out that the nerves were completely stuck in scar tissue and he had to pull quite hard on them to get them loose again, which caused some nerve damage. However in the months after the surgery the rehab with my PT went well and each week I made a little progress: I could handle more weights, was able to do more cardio (crosstrainer, hometrainer), but in the beginning of 2015 it started going the other way: each week I could do a little less, until I wasn't able to do anything. From that point on I was going from waiting list to waiting list, in the meanwhile I did try some other injections, one of those worked for a couple of days, but a 2nd one didn't work at all :( and I kept going to PT where they would manually try to loosen my back since pretty much all the exercises were too painful.
A few weeks ago my situation was that I could sit up for about 30 minutes with the pain slowly building up (compared to laying down), but nothing I couldn't handle, and after 30 minutes the pain would get worse pretty fast, but if I had to I could just about manage the pain, but if I did that for more than an hour I would be in quite a lot of extra pain in the days to follow. Standing and walking are a lot worse than sitting.
Right now the situation is that while laying down I still have pain which is about an 8 out of 10 (used to be 2/10) and doing anything else the pain immediately skyrockets to 10/10 (the worst pain I can imagine without going into shock or sustaining serious permanent physical damage, like burning alive or something like that). But with my medical weed I can drop the pain to 5/10 when laying down and 7/10 doing something else and with a shitload of extra oxycodon I can be nearly pain-free, but I'm already on quite a high dosage (4x40mg + extra 5mg pills when I need those) and I hate those pills, it's basically heroin and the dosage I need to be nearly pain-free would be around 350mg per day, but then I'm so stoned I can't concentrate on anything at all, which already has been an issue since I'm on those painkillers, but then 10 times worse and it also ruins your liver and kidneys...
Forms of PT I've tried: 'regular' PT, McKenzie, Cesar, manual and psychomotor therapy.

Edit: perhaps interesting to know that in the swimming pool I'm practically pain free and once, about 2 years ago now, I stretched out a bit and I felt something in my back, I stood up and the pain in my back was a lot worse, but the pain in my leg was gone and I also regained the power in my leg. But in the 3 following days it slowly went back to the old situation (something none of the doctors or therapists have been able to explain).
« Last Edit: July 04, 2017, 12:51:PM by Dnns84 »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2017, 02:11:PM »
Edit: perhaps interesting to know that in the swimming pool I'm practically pain free and once, about 2 years ago now, I stretched out a bit and I felt something in my back, I stood up and the pain in my back was a lot worse, but the pain in my leg was gone and I also regained the power in my leg. But in the 3 following days it slowly went back to the old situation (something none of the doctors or therapists have been able to explain).

Ahh Hydrotherapy. It's a shame that you aren't a dog as I'm a Canine Hydrotherapist as well as a cynologist.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2017, 03:25:PM »

Ahh Hydrotherapy. It's a shame that you aren't a dog as I'm a Canine Hydrotherapist as well as a cynologist.

I can be a dog, but not that kind :P I should volunteer for a manned flight to mars or a long stay in the ISS, the weightlessness will be very welcome, but the G-Force during launch will probably make me pass out from the pain :(

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2018, 04:02:PM »
Let's revive the bar ^^

You guys downloaded the Porsche DLC yet? I kind of like the new track (Porsche Leipzig on-road circuit), had a go on it in the new (to the game) 911 RSR which was quite fun to drive :)

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2018, 06:44:PM »
I'm so far behind these days, if im lucky i get to fire the game up once a week, twice if im very lucky, and then im usually greeted by a fucking 10gb update so i'm sat in my racing rig chair with a whiskey shouting at the screen.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2018, 08:44:PM »
I'm so far behind these days, if im lucky i get to fire the game up once a week, twice if im very lucky, and then im usually greeted by a fucking 10gb update so i'm sat in my racing rig chair with a whiskey shouting at the screen.

I haven't played pCars 2 at all (apart from short test runs after patches) until patch 4.0 finally made it possible for me to actually start (had pre-ordered the game+seasonpass but it was undriveable with the pad for me until now :D). I'm getting into the game quicker than I thought (although I'm still have a lot to learn will I be able to fight at the back at least (driving around at the back without a possibility to put up a fight is no fun and you're not learning a thing driving half a lap behind the 2nd to last.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2018, 06:51:PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iV8PFYnWHiw

How awesome would it be if this would be the next DLC? ^^