Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Paddock Bar  (Read 2840 times)

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
The Paddock Bar
« on: February 04, 2017, 02:00:AM »
Just a place for small chat, questions and pretty much anything that doesn't already have a thread here and isn't worth making a new topic for  :grin:
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Re: The Paddock Bar
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2017, 02:12:AM »
I just thought it would be nice to have a thread like this going on.

I spend quite a bit of time doing this week's community event, driving the Arial Atom 500 V8 around Oulton Park international. My god this car is a nightmare to drive. Way too much power in a super light car with skinny road tires  :shocked: After my first 15 laps or so I was 22 seconds slower than the fastest time. I just couldn't complete a lap without spinning. Today I made a ridiculous setup with max downforce and everything set for stability: lim slip deceleration lock at 80% and acceleration lock at 40%. I could barely turn the car, but at least it was stable enough now and I managed to get at 6-7 seconds behind the leader, better couldn't be achieved with my setup :grin:
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 02:12:AM by Dnns84 »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2017, 04:34:PM »
Yes, some cars are so exciting to drive by the fact they have so much horsepower compared to their tire adhesion.   I had really good times when I tested the BAC Mono a little while ago; this car is similar where it has loads of horsepower that can only be used in tracks with long enough straights as in Monza, Road America, etc.    I thought I had a possible car for the season until I tested the BAC Mono in a twisty track, I think it was Sonoma, and he was blowing me away by nearly 10 seconds many times.   So the differences between assists and no assists was too great to make it a choice for a season………unless everyone agrees to use no assists, which understandably will not happen.   
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 04:35:PM by lmntr »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2017, 05:24:PM »
I love the Mono, no problem with the handling of that car at all. It was my go to car in some career-mode races. Perhaps you can drive the Arial with more easy :P

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2017, 04:36:AM »
I can't wait to see the F1 car launches. Really looking forward to McLaren's new colour.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2017, 11:00:AM »
I can't wait to see the F1 car launches. Really looking forward to McLaren's new colour.

I love the orange and black combination in general, hopefully they make it look sweet.
I won't be cheering for them though, I'm hoping Red Bull will be strong and give Max Verstappen a shot at the title. Gotta support the only fellow Dutchman on the grid.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2017, 01:35:AM »
I am intrigued how the intra-team rivalries will play out.   Verstappen vs. Ricciardo, Hamilton vs Bottas, Alonso vs. Vandoorne just to name a few.  This might just be the season of fireworks.   :icon_smile:
Of all the rivalries, I am more curious is the Verstappen vs. Ricciardo.   I remember Max being interviewed and asked why he did not make it more difficult for Ricciardo passing him and him saying something to the effect that you treat your teammate differently.   Wait until he does it the first time and see how Daniel's smile will disappear.   I have been studying Max's technique in blocking maneuvers and believe I have deciphered his trick.  Not that I am going to use it. :grin:    He just does not outright block but does it so in a way that if you push it you will be out of the road or crash out.  Nevertheless, the kid is very skilled!   I remembered his comments concerning the intermediate and rain tires of how he was able to feel the differences at the same time others were saying they did not feel any differences.  He will go far.  :great:
« Last Edit: February 08, 2017, 01:36:AM by lmntr »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2017, 04:52:PM »
Do any of you remember this game? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fysoXmhtWy0

When I was little (6-7) I used to play this game on my dad's Mac every once in a while (one of the 3-4 games that were available), you know, one of the early models with a black&white screen built in like this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh#/media/File:Macintosh_classic.jpg

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2017, 02:37:AM »
Do any of you remember this game? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fysoXmhtWy0

When I was little (6-7) I used to play this game on my dad's Mac every once in a while (one of the 3-4 games that were available), you know, one of the early models with a black&white screen built in like this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Macintosh#/media/File:Macintosh_classic.jpg

Oh the childhood memories of that game. That's when the love of F1 started for me.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 10:10:PM »
I'm getting curious if pCars2 will also feature a hovercraft or speedboat or something like that. They have been boasting about the seasons changing in the game, but there is also a track on a frozen lake in Sweden (Merc test track). Now I just looked where that lake is exactly and there is no way that lake will stay frozen all year long. So... let's organize a race there in the summer  :steeringwheel:  :siren:

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2017, 02:14:PM »
I'm getting curious if pCars2 will also feature a hovercraft or speedboat or something like that. They have been boasting about the seasons changing in the game, but there is also a track on a frozen lake in Sweden (Merc test track). Now I just looked where that lake is exactly and there is no way that lake will stay frozen all year long. So... let's organize a race there in the summer  :steeringwheel: :siren:

Sounds like fun in the ice!   There are some tracks I do not have but have driven because a host had it.  It was called Coyote something. It was fun as well with some of the turns with high camber sections.   

What about Alonso running the Indy500?   It will draw a lot of F1 viewers to Indy racing just the same as when Nigel Mansell did when he dran the whole season and won it!  :shocked:    He nearly won the Indy500 in his first try! :dance: .   Talk about self-imposed pressure for Alonso to do one-off!   I suspect that if he does very well, he might even consider joining Indy?  He is hungry for wins!

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2017, 02:03:PM »
I think Alonso 'just' wants to go for the triple crown. He will focus purely on the Indy500 and if he manages to win this year or the year after he will put his focus towards next year's Le Mans.
If he doesn't manage to win, but really likes the races he might stay active in Indycar.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2017, 12:11:AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD6lTu5Bbak

thought I'd leave this here. Looks great, but I'm guessing rally cross will be a pain in the ass with a controller  :steeringwheel:

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2017, 01:59:PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD6lTu5Bbak

thought I'd leave this here. Looks great, but I'm guessing rally cross will be a pain in the ass with a controller  :steeringwheel:

Looks like fun and a totally different way of driving.   

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2017, 02:36:PM »
Well, after nearly 2,5 years of waiting lists for a pain rehab program, I finally got good news today. I went to a rehab clinic for an intake today and they told me I could start with my program within 3 to 6 weeks and the hospitalization itself will be 6 to 8 weeks.
This does mean I will miss 6-8 weeks of the upcoming season, which is a bummer, because it looks like it will be a really fun season, but maybe, hopefully I will finally be able to use a wheel again when I get home :steeringwheel: although it also may take a while before that's possible.