Username: Password:

Author Topic: Party Chat Limit Potential Hi Quality Audio Solution  (Read 498 times)

Offline SCClockDr

Party Chat Limit Potential Hi Quality Audio Solution
« on: February 02, 2017, 02:29:PM »
Hi All

I hope I'm not speaking out of turn but here is what I've found.
I'm not sure we chat much whilst racing at speed.
I just did a proof of concept test using a set of Turtle Beach PX4's, wired Samsung ear-buds that came with my S7 Edge phone, & Samsung S5 (WiFi only) phone. I was running Skype audio, Android Crew Chief & PCars Dash on the S5 with the ear-buds beneath my PX4's & no Chat wire to the DS4. The sound quality was superb while cruising round Oulton Fosters in a Classic Seven with my SIL.
Two downsides are needing a Skype account and setting up a group call at the start of a lobby session. Skype claims a 25 participant limit, though bandwidth may limit achieving the maximum. 16 seems quite doable.
An upside for some is the ability to use mobile data vs WiFi with a cell activated device if needed. I have a pair of Samsung BT ear-buds coming Saturday which allow pairing to 2 devices I've yet to test that avenue though, so I'm uncertain it will support Crew Chief on one device (WiFi) and Skype on the Mobile Data device.

If this needs to move to the Paddock please do so, no problem.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Re: Party Chat Limit Potential Hi Quality Audio Solution
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2017, 02:49:PM »
On average during the race, very little chatting is going on. An occasional warning to someone that you're approaching fast or something, general warnings. I'm not good at talking and racing at the same time. For instance last season on Silverstone I was driving behind Whalley who nearly crashed into the wall, I asked him what happened and I immediately made a big mistake myself.
In game audio chat is in most games (if not every) pretty bad, pCars is no exception, but in my opinion it's not a really a problem. It's mostly annoying after the race when you want to talk about stuff, but that's also why we have this forum.
The downforce is strong with this one