Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 2, Formula B, Catalunya GP, February 16, 2017  (Read 2721 times)

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Re: Round # 2, Formula B, Catalunya GP, February 16, 2017
« Reply #30 on: February 15, 2017, 11:20:PM »
Roller from my race tonight https://youtu.be/hvwab8aS4Dc

Offline Kling2296

• Live to Race, Race to live!
« Reply #31 on: February 16, 2017, 10:15:PM »
Well, what a rollercoaster of a race for me! Started 4th and was doing well but I shot myself in the foot about 3-4 times spinning out. Two of those times caused damage so I had to make an unwanted stop. I thought all was lost, I was in dead last. However, I started channeling my inner Senna and I started working my way back through the field. I got to 8th place, and I'm very happy with that considering the catastrophe of a start! I'm showing more speed than I thought I had, so I'm excited for the next races. Anyways I'm dragging on now, great job everyone!  :flag: :sign0098: :flag:
"If you are not shaking at the end of the lap, you aren't going fast enough" -Skanda

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2017, 10:26:PM »
This was a strange race for me, I just didnt feel at ease on this track in these conditions. I gained quite a lot of places without really doing anything. At one point I was in a train of 4 in last position of the train, but within 2 corners the 3 in front all slid off the track or spun around. I also made a lot of mistakes, going off track a couple of times, but I didnt spin and until the last lap I managed to stay damage free (I went off and brushed the wall, but it only caused 3% aero dmg with less than half a lap to go).
I also won a couple of places by sticking to a 1 stop, but when it finally started to dry my tires were so much worn they were practically slicks so you can imagine how the last wet laps were :P
All in all happy with 4th, the top 3 were miles ahead so congrats to all 3 of them, incredible pace.

The times can be found in the attachments
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #33 on: February 16, 2017, 11:19:PM »
I was hoping to make amends for my disastrous first race and what did I do? I messed up once again.  :icon_sad: My team has to sneak some coffee in my drinking system to keep sharp!  :eusa_think:
I qualified in 7th Place and again right in the middle of the grid.   I bumped someone in the reconnaissance lap and damaged my front suspension, so a visit to the pits for repairs was in order as the whole group was getting away on the front straight.  I started my Lap 2 and went as quickly as I could only to go sideways right after turn 15 loosing precious seconds.  I got going and settled down to my fastest and safest laps and finally began to see others as I caught up with them and made my passes, some fought and others made mistakes.  I made good use of the wet tires as I had in practiced that I left my visit to the pits way late into the race trying to gain as much as I could and it was working!.   I came out in 4th place right in front of my teammate ( I had thoughts of Nurburging )  but in my teams haste, they forgot to change tires and I was out with the worn out wets!  :banghead:  I let my teammate by since there was no reason to hold him up. I made my 3rd pit stop of the day and my team rushed to change to dry tires as I saw others go by the front straight and gaining positions.  I came out just behind GZR-SCClockDr and could not get close to him on the last laps.  I finished where I started in 7th Place!

Congratulations to Paciaman on his win!  Proben55 and r-whalley89 for completing the podium!   :icon_mrgreen:

« Last Edit: February 16, 2017, 11:24:PM by lmntr »

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #34 on: February 17, 2017, 12:18:AM »
After my worst ever day at work rubbish having to make perfectly good hard working nice people redundant. I had a absolutely disastrous evening, qualifying, warm up lap and race.

My mechanics were ran out of spares to fix my car.

The only plus was i learnt a few things about this changing weather and the car.  I've had next to no running in this car I don't like it at all but I'm making very small improvements every week. These boys at the front have some pace although my dry times aren't weren't to far off tonight.

Star the league so far is Dnns you have improved a lot since the start of the last league. Not bad for a guy who wasn't going to race this time  :sign0098: + Once again the new racers raced well from what I saw.

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #35 on: February 17, 2017, 01:03:AM »
All in all I am pleased with this outing. I qualified better than I expected & sat on the grid feeling quite pleased. Then the green and got caught napping when Imntr had his incident on the parade lap, hit right wall, right front damage. Choose to live with it & pressed on  I rose to 5th in the rain complements to others issues vs my great driving. I made a few mistakes in the wet period, still pitted 6th. Left the pits in 8th as I recall & nearly totaled it in the back hooking a curb. Wove between the tire barriers and pressed on (no damage, praise the Lord) the remaining laps were routine and wound up in 6th at the finish. I'm feeling much more comfortable this race I started with PCars only a month ago. Thanks for the privilege of racing with y'all.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #36 on: February 17, 2017, 07:18:AM »
I have to say well done to everyone. We have a great group of racers here. I saw great racecraft from several drivers. Superb. Whilst I have loved the challenge of wet weather, it's great to be going to Suzuka (Saikitto) in the dry.

Can anyone match our resident aliens Proben and Paicaman?
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #37 on: February 17, 2017, 10:15:AM »
I feel bad for lmntr :icon_sad: so much bad luck these 2 races (last week we crashed hard into each other in an unfortunate accident) 2 . Near the end of the rain he was going through the field like a hot knife through butter on his newer tires and quickly came close to me out of nowhere all of a sudden. I went into the pits first for slicks and despite a bad outlap we were very close when he came out of the pits. At that point I was thinking: Ah nice, a 4-5 finish for the team, while lmntr was banging his head because the mechanics didn't put on slicks but rain tires again  :banghead:
But I'm sure things will start to go better for the team, bad luck will end and lmntr can showcase his stability and speed that got him to 2nd place last season.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2017, 11:37:AM »
Yeah lmntr's legendary consistancy is conspicuous by it's absence.

Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Paciaman

• your custom title
« Reply #39 on: February 18, 2017, 02:06:AM »
What a stressful race! I was very concentrated and fortunately I made only few little mistake. Great race proben, badluck for your outside after few laps. Nice race to r-Whaley too, the most difficoult was to don't make big mistake and we've done it!

I have a complain... Is not really a complain (it's too late to do it, and is not what I want to do) but With rain is really difficult to dubbing (I don't know if is the right word, it means when you overtake for the second time a driver that you had already overtake) During the race I dubbled some driver but one resisted, on the straight (maybe thinking to be faster) tried to overtake me... and only in break point of corner 1 he withdrew... For a while I thought we could crash... after that turn I go away because I was faster... all I want to say is: be sure to be faster before overtake a driver who takes you two time please!
However is very nice race with you guys! See you in Sakitto!

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2017, 11:51:AM »
https://youtu.be/-NciBYNvdO0

I had the t300 wheel bug from the start. I did think about retiring at the start but decided to carry hoping it would fix at the pit stop but came out and it was still there. I was praying my wheel would last. Really good battle at the start of the race with skanda and kling but once they both spun it was a pretty lonely race as i was able to run a decent pace in the wet and keep pace with the two leaders and was hoping if they came together I was ready to pounce. Once the track dried out my pace was nowhere compared to proben and pacieman and it was a case of keeping it on the black stuff. In the dry I never feel comfortable in the dry in this car. maybe I need more practice but not keen on the feel of the car at all.

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #41 on: February 21, 2017, 03:19:AM »
Hi Race Fans

I've been working at a project for a couple of weeks now and want to release it here to the league. It is a tune Excel workbook designed to store your tunes for a specific car (A workbook for each car) with the ability to add specific tune sheets for each track and base tune sheets for general odd conditions like wet, hot, or night. I'd consider it a Beta version ATM though I am using it. I'll be attaching 2 files one already setup for Formula B & the other is a Master workbook to clone into a workbook for each car you wish to save tunes for.

Feel free to take them for a spin. The Formula B file has the default game setup already entered. I included a guide located in the tab named as Guide. Enjoy!

Found a bug! New files uploaded including the fix. and a new workbook with the fixed cells so you can update your originals and preserve your data. The Downforce cells in some places were not properly formatted.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 07:39:PM by SCClockDr »
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #42 on: February 21, 2017, 01:14:PM »
Hi Race Fans

I've been working at a project for a couple of weeks now and want to release it here to the league. It is a tune Excel workbook designed to store your tunes for a specific car (A workbook for each car) with the ability to add specific tune sheets for each track and base tune sheets for general odd conditions like wet, hot, or night. I'd consider it a Beta version ATM though I am using it. I'll be attaching 2 files one already setup for Formula B & the other is a Master workbook to clone into a workbook for each car you wish to save tunes for.

Feel free to take them for a spin. The Formula B file has the default game setup already entered. I included a guide located in the tab named as Guide. Enjoy!

Looks like you put in a lot of work!

I use the the azure coast tracks as my safe-file ^^ azure coast 1 = baseline, azure coast 2 = setup for upcoming race, azure coast 3 = alternative setup upcoming race. Strategies I just type in a wordpad file :P
And if I want to create a setup for later I use projectcarssetups.eu (but as I'm typing this, the site is offline, hopefully just a server error)

But your spreadsheet looks promising, I'll give it a try, see if it's something I can use :)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #43 on: February 21, 2017, 03:28:PM »
Hi Race Fans

Many thanks!     It is tremendous work you have done and shared.   I will give it a try.