Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 3, Formula B, Sakitto GP, February 23, 2017  (Read 2480 times)

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Re: Round # 3, Formula B, Sakitto GP, February 23, 2017
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2017, 03:29:PM »
I haven't been around much lately. My wife and I have separated and I have moved out. I won't be set up in time for tonight but I will be around for tomorrow. I also have a much slower internet connection and I'm not sure how stable it is.

Sucks to hear that mate!
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2017, 03:33:PM »
I haven't been around much lately. My wife and I have separated and I have moved out. I won't be set up in time for tonight but I will be around for tomorrow. I also have a much slower internet connection and I'm not sure how stable it is.

I am sorry to hear about that, Skan. 

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2017, 11:24:PM »
Chin up Skan, the future brings better things onwards and upwards  :13:

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2017, 11:25:PM »
What's the race start tomo ? Standing or rolling?

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2017, 12:08:AM »
What's the race start tomo ? Standing or rolling?

Standing.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2017, 01:01:AM »
Ok thanks

Offline Kling2296

• Live to Race, Race to live!
« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2017, 09:59:PM »
Tried avoiding whoever lagged or was asleep at the start and collided with someone. My race was over after that  :embarrassed:
"If you are not shaking at the end of the lap, you aren't going fast enough" -Skanda

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2017, 10:26:PM »
Tried avoiding whoever lagged or was asleep at the start and collided with someone. My race was over after that  :embarrassed:

Yeah me too. I started in last place after a terrible qualification (in lap 3 or 4 I already drove a faster time than my quali time lol), and after 50 meters the race was pretty much done, broken suspension, by the time I reached the pits, I was already lapped by the leader. After that it was just messy, I avoided further damage but made quite a lot of mistakes and slides. In the last lap I was in 9th with 3-4 second lead on Kling, but I lost the rear end in sector 3 and was sliding all over the place, giving away P9 in the last meters...

The start of the race from my POV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQteczuxS7M please note that the displayed names aren't correct.

As attachment I added the lap times, but somehow it made 2 files, 1 for the first half of the race and 1 for the second.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2017, 11:27:PM »
First lap incident https://youtu.be/qzuYWa2zf9E

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2017, 11:44:PM »
The second part of the race, cracking clean close racing

https://youtu.be/x7rB-LCoCk4

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2017, 12:29:AM »
It's normally me that has issues at the start, I got a good one tonight.

Got crashed out at the end of the first lap. First half the race was dull, second half was absolutely fantastic fun. Had a great battle with Proben  :13:

I've not enjoyed this car so far had bad luck after bad luck but that tonight made up for all my poor results so far. Still a poor result but I've got a smile back on my face.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2017, 12:32:AM »
It's normally me that has issues at the start, I got a good one tonight.

Got crashed out at the end of the first lap. First half the race was dull, second half was absolutely fantastic fun. Had a great battle with Proben  :13:

I've not enjoyed this car so far had bad luck after bad luck but that tonight made up for all my poor results so far. Still a poor result but I've got a smile back on my face.

Good to hear :)

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2017, 12:41:AM »
To proben55 I apologize. I reacted to seeing Inmtr move a bit right (May have been lag as I saw some of that later in the lap) the video shows a large move to the right by me. I sure believe I moved far less than what is shown. I may well have made that large a correction.It unfolded very quickly. Based on the tape, I surely screwed up. I am indeed sorry I ruined your race. After lap 2 i saw no evidence of lag for the remaining race.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2017, 02:25:AM »
Now that we have a few races under our belts, I have learned that it will be tough for me to be in the upper third at the end of the season.  With my midfield qualifying results, it is going to take the utmost concentration just to get a good result.   I do not see a season like my previous, but I will certainly try.   Today, I managed to qualify in 8th Place and had a great start that allowed me to bring it up to 4th Place or so right after turn 1.  Soon, I felt the pressure from SCClockDr for so many laps and always at a fraction of a second behind me ready to pounce.  I had to really concentrate in the 'spoon curves" since I noticed that his car would handle extraordinarily well there and I had to place my car just right so that he would not get along side me.  I saved my kers for the front straight as I had already worked out my gearing and it was going to be difficult for anyone to pass me there.  At the end, I got a slight tap from Clock that my car had a slight off center steering but still did not present much of a problem.  In the latter stage of the first stint I started to be hounded by Nautilus who appeared to be having trouble passing me probably because of worn out tires?  I made my pit stop entrance in front of Nautilus but I knew my crew would have to repair my suspension damage and this allowed Nautilus to pull out right in front of me.   I was going to give it a good try staying right behind him and then I noticed soon after the pit exit that he had a moment in one of the turns that allow me to pass him.  Now, I watched for him intently to gauge what the pressure was going to be like and he seemed to drop a little initially but then I saw him get composure and settle into a good rhythm and he began to pounce relentlessly.  I knew I was in trouble when I saw his speed in the fast section.  It only took a couple of laps for him to get next to me on the front straight and was still accelerating!  I pushed him to near the end and I thought to myself he has earned this pass so there is no need for me to mess it up for the two of us so I tucked in behind him.   I settled in 4th Place but still kept it because I knew that both whalley and Nautilus were going to fight it out and maybe just maybe, they were going to slow each other.  Well, something happened and I managed to get closer to them momentarily in the penultimate lap; I gave it my all but then I saw whalley flicker momentarily and appear on a different place on the track a couple of times, so I told myself that unless I had a clear way pass I would just stay behind at a safe distance and that is where I finished, in 4th Place!!!

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2017, 02:36:AM »
Congratulations are in order to Paciaman on his triple achievement of Pole, Fastest Lap and Win!!   Not to be outdone and what a performance turn-around by USS-Nautilus on his 2nd Place finish !!   ...and complimenting the podium with a well deserved 3rd Place is r_whalley!!!  Excellent results!

I watched The_Bag_'s second half video and just watching all four competitors dicing for position while giving all they had was specially thrilling!!  We should use this video in the Pcars forum as well to showcase our league racing. 

I will be posting my video Friday or Saturday.  Sorry, I have quite a few things to do first, but I promise to have a video.  Besides, how else would I be able to show my Alonso start?