Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 3, Formula B, Sakitto GP, February 23, 2017  (Read 2094 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Round # 3, Formula B, Sakitto GP, February 23, 2017
« on: January 26, 2017, 01:14:PM »
Sakitto GP
5.38km
15 Turns
Clear and Light Cloudy
23 Laps

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Re: Round # 3, Formula B, Sakitto GP, February 23, 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2017, 09:08:PM »
Did my first setting up and testing today and I quite like the way the car feels. However the pit entrance is a real hazard, going full speed on the straight you'd have to slam on the brakes to make the real pit entry, which could cause serious collisions if someone isn't that far behind you. I suggest we use the entry as shown in this vid: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8oCqQsk-LA

And what do we want to do about the rolling starts? With its long straight Sakitto would be an ideal track to do the side by side start with the first bridge as start point or the space between the bridges as start zone.

Oh, is it allowed to place bets? Like who is going to hit the black-yellow speed bumps to the right on the straight near the last corner and gets launched into the air? :P
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2017, 01:57:AM »
I also did my first test laps today.  :icon_biggrin:  My goal was to try to figure out jus how much downforce I need and I think I found it, although I would probably like to compare pace to others on the high speed portion to check if they have more or less and their overall lap time.   Next is to fine tune my gearing and do a high speed pit entry repeatedly until I can do it with my eyes closed.  :icon_mrgreen:   

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2017, 04:19:PM »
I did a full race yesterday and I was driving 1.27's at the beginning, but soon went into the 1.26's. Occasionally I drove a 1.25.xx
I still got some testing to do, I want to try some different gearings and see how low I can go with my downforce. My setup yesterday was comfortable, which often means it isn't quick enough ;P

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2017, 09:54:PM »
Did just a bit more testing today, lowered my downforce, changed gear ratio's and it looks like a good change. first lap (after outlap) was immediately a 1.25.9 with a 'full' tank (46-47 liters or so).

Offline Kling2296

• Live to Race, Race to live!
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2017, 09:59:PM »
My best lap with a full race tank of fuel I ran a 1:25:5 if anyone was wanting a benchmark. I'm sure I'd run faster, mabye a high 24 if I ran in a qualifying setup with little to no fuel. I'm getting better tire wear from my tweaking of my settup, so I'm pretty excited for Thursday. I'm running higher down force than the rest of you probably so my advantage will be in the corners, and I'll lose out on the straights.
"If you are not shaking at the end of the lap, you aren't going fast enough" -Skanda

Offline Paciaman

• your custom title
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 01:18:PM »
I tried different setups, with higher and lower downforce, but I sow that with lower my max speed was about 10 km/h higher than with higher downforce and laps slower about 1 second. Maybe is better more downforce. I'll test
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 01:18:PM by Paciaman »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2017, 09:01:PM »
Did some more testing, upped the downforce at little, it barely makes in difference in lap times, but when your tires reach the end of their lives, those ultra high speed corners become really dangerous, if you start sliding at that point, you better pray you slide right into the pits, or you have a problem :P So I'm choosing safety over a bit of topspeed.

By the way, first race I'm able to attend will be Thursday, gotta skip the wednesday mock race. Perhaps if someone starts a lobby tomorrow I could join, but I'm not sure what time I'll be home, so don't count on me until race day. I think I've had enough practice, but we'll see. :)

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2017, 12:14:AM »
I had a quick go tonight. I can't get my head around this track I keep thinking I'm Suzuka on GT5 or F1 I'm finding it really hard to get it out of my mind that this is totally different.

What tyres is everyone useing ? How long do they last ?

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2017, 01:19:AM »
I had a quick go tonight. I can't get my head around this track I keep thinking I'm Suzuka on GT5 or F1 I'm finding it really hard to get it out of my mind that this is totally different.

Had that too when I first drove on the track over 1.5 years ago. I was like "isn't this supposed to be Suzuka? It looks like it, but something is off"
But by now I haven't played GT5 in a couple of years and I don't buy the F1 20xx games since they are released when 3/4 of the season is already done (and I'm just not a fan of driving F1 cars, they're just a bit too fast for me :P )
So I'm pretty used to the layout of the track by now.

I use the medium tires which I think are the only choice here. I think people will do 1 or 2 stops. After 12 laps my tires are nearly gone and the high speed corners become dangerous, you can lose the back easily with a good chance that you wreck your car. So people with more tire wear might be forced to do a 2 stop, but I think a 0 stop will be impossible, even for the people with notoriously low tire wear ^^

I'm just glad the tire wear is even on all corners of the car. I hate it when one side wears more, it creates unbalance, although I wouldn't mind a bit less wear on the rears.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2017, 03:22:PM »

I also had to get used to Sakitto and wanted to turn in the wrong places.  I knew this track from the oldie but goodie F1 challenge 99-02 and from the past F1 games 2013 and 2104.
I use the medium tires now that I know they are the better.  On my last practice I tried once again for the hell of it the soft tires.  You would think they grab better right ?, well on the high speed turn before the turn with the pit, the front was not grabbing as well compared to the mediums.  No wonder I was having trouble when I stubbornly wanted to continue using them.  I had a good comparison to tire longevity with a driver (peterthegreat) I played with online with very similar pace as I; he was running out of tires about 2 laps before I did and was able to pass him when he overcooked the turns and struggle to accelerate. 

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2017, 04:16:PM »
The mediums are the ticket. You can get them hot without penalty. Just keep the scrubbing to a minimum as they tend to loose grip & ^wear if over worked. My current thoughts are to turn off the safety light as I head down the hill on my pit lap.
For those of us using PCars Dash Craig will soon be releasing an update that shows the safety light status on the HUD Lite screen. I've gotten myself into the Beta Testing group.

Thanks for the kind words on the workbooks.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 04:18:PM by SCClockDr »
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2017, 07:35:PM »
I've found an issue with the Workbooks I published earlier and offer the new versions with an additional Fix-0001.xlsx with the offending cells fixed for copy & paste fix up of the originals, instructions provided in the file.  The Downforce cells in some places were not properly formatted.

Here are the links to the original post and new files.

Original Post
Fix-0001.xlsx
Master V001-2.xlsx
Formula B V001-2.xlsx
« Last Edit: February 21, 2017, 07:39:PM by SCClockDr »
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2017, 02:30:PM »
Just letting you guys know I will be running late today for the mock practice usually held on Wednesdays (not always) and might make right to the end of warm up if I am lucky.  I am not sure if anyone is planning to host; I believe Dnns84 is unavailable.  Maybe Skanda?

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2017, 03:12:PM »
I haven't been around much lately. My wife and I have separated and I have moved out. I won't be set up in time for tonight but I will be around for tomorrow. I also have a much slower internet connection and I'm not sure how stable it is.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.