Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 5, Formula B, Monza, March 9, 2017  (Read 955 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Round # 5, Formula B, Monza, March 9, 2017
« on: January 26, 2017, 01:11:PM »
Monza
5.79km
11 Turns
Hazy and Overcast
21 Laps

Offline Kling2296

• Live to Race, Race to live!
Re: Round # 5, Formula B, Monza, March 9, 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2017, 09:41:PM »
Got hit at the start, managed to salvage that only to loose control on the turn to the straight after battling with clock and proben. Frustrated, but that's the way she goes. On another note, I will not be present next Thursday due to Spring Break. I will be in Pennsylvania seeing family and going to a Pittsburgh Penguins game.
"If you are not shaking at the end of the lap, you aren't going fast enough" -Skanda

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2017, 10:15:PM »
Qualified in 5th but had a good start, managed to overtake 1 or 2, but then I was pushed wide into the first chicane, giving me a 10 second penalty and 7% aero damage. When I caught up to the group again, I was trying to overtake Samsi, well someone, on the inside of Parabolica but a few meters ahead USSNautilus managed to flip his car (don't know what happened there), but of course there was no way for me to evade that and crashed into it pretty hard, made a pitstop for the damage and after that I was actually catching up to people who were probably making mistakes and finished in 6th. A bit of a bummer if you see that my pace all week on Monza has been pretty good, I didn't finish a single race in less than 32.47 and now I drove a 33.22:(

Race data attached

-edit- just saw that it wasn't samsi who I overtook into parabolica right before crashing into Nautilus in a similar fashion I crashed into lmntr at the Nürburgring. In both cases no-one is really to blame. In this case Nautilus crashed hard and I couldn't evade anymore.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 11:54:PM by Dnns84 »
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2017, 11:41:PM »
I thought I'd made a good start but ended up playing pin ball with other cars. No blame on anyone looking at the reply it was just a case of not knowing I was on the inside and the lack of vision out of the car. It doesn't help that cars glue together in the game which probably caused most of the issue at the start.

After that I followed Proben for the rest of the lap expecting him to pull away given my pace in qualifying but was surprised I got the opposite. After that the first half the race was dull lost my concentration a few times and span twice but still entered the pit stop in 3rd.

Mr Whalley overtook me in the pits and we had a good old dice for a few laps with a bit of Proben thrown in the mix. Once again great fun we're normally all around the same pace. Great clean racing. I always enjoy when we have battles.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2017, 07:20:AM »
What happened to Lmntr anyway?

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2017, 02:40:PM »
What happened to Lmntr anyway?

I did not have enough time to enter.  Congratulations to Dyr_gl for his win!  :cheer:  including Pole and fastest lap!! :undecided:   Congratulations also for Paciaman and The_Bag_ for their podium finish.   
« Last Edit: March 10, 2017, 05:51:PM by lmntr »

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2017, 06:30:PM »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2017, 12:10:AM »
https://youtu.be/SbThUF7Gy6s

My monza race.

I watched the whole race and it was very entertaining as you had fights at different points in the race. 

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2017, 12:38:AM »
What the hell happened at the end of the first lap though? You went for the inside to overtake Nautilus, clean overtake, and it didn't look like there was contact, but Nautilus somehow flipped his car in the middle of parabolica. I was right behind you guys trying to overtake Roundrocket the same way you overtook Nautilus and if you look closely in your mirror you can just see me smashing into Nautilus' car ^^
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2017, 08:12:PM »
I didn't know if we touched or not going into parabolica. I didn't feel anything on the wheel or suffer damage going by the pcars dash app which was showing 100%. I didn't spin myself so I can only think it was one of those things with project cars but I did feel bad for putting USS out of the race. Checking the replay after the race it seemed like it was 3 cars pile up behind me.

Once again I managed to jump 2 people in the pits. I Think I had a 3 second gap to the bag but once by tyres started to fall off I struggled. I tried to defend my position but the bag was much quicker than me. Our battle allowed proben to catch and pass fairly quicky. From then on it was a case of keeping it on the track and staying ahead of Dnns which was a bit close towards the end.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2017, 12:55:PM »
Another fight I am curious to watch is between Clock and Proben; In whalley's video you can see them alternating positions srveral times.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 12:56:PM by lmntr »

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2017, 01:12:PM »
Indeed, for the first several tries I overcooked it and let him get by till I finally set it up better and made it stick. Thought I mashed the"X" button in the pits but it failed to take & I got caught napping de-stressing till I noticed no work happening. Need to force myself to double check that first, in the future.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief