Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 4, Formula B, Oulton Park International, March 2, 2017  (Read 1004 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Oulton Park International
4.3km
17 Turns
Heavy Cloudy and Clear
28 Laps

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Re: Round # 4, Formula B, Oulton Park International, March 2, 2017
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 11:53:PM »
Hopefully I will be starting from this position this week 👍

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 03:33:PM »
What's your setup? :P
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 04:49:PM »
 :grin:

Has anyone set a time yet ?

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2017, 04:59:PM »
I haven't practiced much yet, but yesterday I tried to do a race and after a couple of laps I drove a 1.19.xx. But then I crashed because I couldn't keep my eyes open and called it a day  :sleepy:  So that was with a car with more than 20 laps worth of fuel still in the car and little practice, so I should be able to improve on that.

Perhaps if you ask your pit crew nicely, they will only mount 2 wheels on your car ^^
« Last Edit: February 26, 2017, 05:00:PM by Dnns84 »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2017, 08:37:PM »
Just ran a full 28 lap race and man, I'm really getting annoyed by this track. Why not enforce track limits with a penalty if you cut corners instead of putting a block of concrete there so if you make the mistake of braking a bit too late, you either have to pull some crazy maneuver to avoid it or your crash head first into the block of concrete.

For a short while I thought it might be possible to do a 0 stop, but with some of these corners and the loss of grip during the last couple of laps will not work.

I drove 1.18's and 1.19's after a few laps and my best lap was a 1.17.7

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2017, 09:39:PM »
I am running similar laps as you Dnns84.  :icon_smile:  There are a couple of areas that I definitely can not push it.  It seems that if you get on the grass, the car is jus so slippery that you can do donuts so easily. :shocked:  so mistakes can be so costly. 

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2017, 03:20:PM »
:grin:

Has anyone set a time yet ?
Here's mine!

« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 03:25:PM by SCClockDr »
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2017, 04:27:PM »
I intend to open a Practice/Mock Race Lobby tonight 8:00PM GMT/3:00PM EST
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2017, 11:01:PM »
Well, I didn't drive fast, made mistakes, but no damage or serious troubles basically brought me from last place to 6th. Should have been 5th, but I made some mistakes and slowed down too much for traffic that Kling could catch up and pass me, after that I tried my best to catch him but the race was 1 lap too short for me to accomplish that.

I added the lap times and lap chart as attachments

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2017, 12:56:AM »
My first race without incident and my best result this season  :icon_mrgreen:

However disappointed and confused with my performance. Paceman is In league of his own very good driving. If any I thought this would be the one I had the best chance at winning. I only live 10 mins drive from the circuit, its my favourite to drive.

I'd practiced a little bit on Tue thinking I'd hit the ground running after the way my car felt last week but I couldn't get the car around the track without spinning. Never had this issue with any others.

I ended up making a few set up changes but nothing seemed to work I should of give more time to work on this. I ended up ok set up but that needed different lines and driving style to other tracks and cars. I was sort of ok with my times not so with the race.

Q - I was supprised to be where I was as I didn't have a good lap.

R - I made a set up change hoping the tyres would last longer. It did but the car felt unprintable in the braking zones I lost it a few times because of this. After the pit stop I chased Clock tbh I thought I'd have to settle for 3 rd but it was good fun unfortunately he made a mistake a few laps from the end.

Good clean driving from everyone back markers did well getting out of the way. Clock has to have a mention certainly shown he had some good pace this last few weeks. Nice racing tonight 👍

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2017, 02:52:AM »
Congratulations again to Paciaman in great style.   :035: :cheer:    Triple achievement of Pole, Fast lap and Win!!   The_Bag_ came in a well deserved 2nd Place while GZR_SCClockDr completing the podium with an excellent result of 3rd Place :grin:

I am sorry for the times I got in the way in qualifying, I really tried to get out of the way.  I felt so bad that I just stopped qualifying early on and just watched to the end in a self-imposed disciplinary action. To tell you the true, I do not think I could have gone any faster to get 7th Place.  I qualified in 8th.    My start was okay and my advance was hampered by a slow moving car which boxed me in and dropped me to 9th.   I had RacingAtHome glued to my transmission for several laps and had to pay extra careful attention on the approach to the second chicane as I could tell he was slightly faster than I.  Both of us began to gain positions by the mistake of others and were advancing rapidly to around 4th Place or so.   RacingAtHome made a mistake so now I had a breathing room but before that I had a slight incident with USS-Nautilus in which I got mixed signals after seeing him struggle early on with his car handling.  I thought he was taking the left at a slower pace and I the right side of the road when I saw him turn slightly right as I got closer at speed, I put my brakes and had a light tap on my left front suspension with his right rear.   The rest of the race was just keeping up with the others and just try to go as fast as I could.  I did not have any road excursions or mistakes except for the incident with Nautilus.  About 2/3 of the way I lapped RacingAtHome and he continued about a couple of seconds behind constantly and then I saw him get closer and closer.  I kept an eye on him and he appeared to be a lap down but with good pace, as he got closer I prepared myself to allow him to pass me as I thought that it was best for the both of us, but then he lost pace through a mistake.   I saw 3rd Place too far ahead and had a good gap to 5th so there was no reason to over-do it and take chances and that is where I finished in 4th Place. 
« Last Edit: March 04, 2017, 03:28:AM by lmntr »

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2017, 06:42:PM »
I'll hopefully be able to join in at Monza if time permits :thumb_up:

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2017, 07:17:PM »
I'll hopefully be able to join in at Monza if time permits :thumb_up:

Nice, hope to see you on Thursday then :)