Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 9, Formula B, Imola, April 6, 2017  (Read 1435 times)

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Re: Round # 9, Formula B, Imola, April 6, 2017
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2017, 10:18:PM »
I haven't got a clue why this happened.

When I disconnect a few weeks ago my internet went off which happens from time to time.

I got disconnected from a race last night, then tonight also both from 1st place  :embarrassed: although tonight I don't think I would of won anyway. Whatever the reason it dam annoying.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2017, 10:32:PM »
I had a great time with today's race. My start was good, but in front of me not everyone got away very well, so I had to lift and tried to avoid contact. Going into the first corner GZR and I were wheel-to-wheel for a second, but luckily without consequences.
Until Paciaman passed me in lap 21, I pretty much had someone within 1-2 seconds behind me for the entire race. But a good thing it was mostly lmntr, my teammate. We drove a very similar pace throughout the race until the last 6-7 laps or so when he put his foot on the throttle and went for it. I didn't want to defend against him, at least not with others so close behind us, so I tried to be a good teammate and hold off Proben and Pacia as long as I could, my lower downforce allowed me to do that for some laps, but in the end they were just much quicker and both made nice overtakes on me. Overall I'm happy with where I ended up and even happier with the team result  :cheer:
I'm gonna watch some replays tomorrow because obviously a lot of things happened on track I didn't see, I feel bad for The Bag disconnecting and the troubles that caused for others (assuming that's what happened to whalley). And also a bummer Nautilus couldn't make it back in time, because he was showing good form the last races.

Also congratulations to George for his win and to lmntr and Pacia for their podium finishes!

Attached are the CSV files with the race data.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2017, 11:43:PM by Dnns84 »
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2017, 11:07:PM »
I went back online but I didn't save my reply. 

I want to see George's mentalist overtake on me on the first lap. I took it slow cold tyres etc made a mistake thought I'd defend the inside line but had to slow down a lot as I knew he was on the outside and didn't want to run him off track. Before I even get to the exit the crazy old mother has whipped up the turbo around the outside of me probably on one of the most difficult corners to pass in the game,  Hats 🎩 off great move, he's the clock doctor and balls as big as space hoppers  :steeringwheel:

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2017, 11:11:PM »
I went back online but I didn't save my reply. 

I want to see George's mentalist overtake on me on the first lap. I took it slow cold tyres etc made a mistake thought I'd defend the inside line but had to slow down a lot as I knew he was on the outside and didn't want to run him off track. Before I even get to the exit the crazy old mother has whipped up the turbo around the outside of me probably on one of the most difficult corners to pass in the game,  Hats 🎩 off great move, he's the clock doctor and balls as big as space hoppers  :steeringwheel:

https://youtu.be/6GvUogYvZM0?t=114

Yeah that overtake was insane! (in a good way)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2017, 12:55:AM »
 :cheer:  Congratulations to GZR_SCClockDr on another thrilling victory!  :cheer:   Completing the Podium are lmntr (myself) in 2nd Place and Paciaman finishing in 3rd Place!   :grin:

My race report:  I knew it was going to take the utmost concentration to advance during the race because the Resident Aliens were all in front of me!  Sure enough right at the start and before the first turn, I had lost 2 places.  I gathered myself and ignored my anguish so that I could focus and chase chaospunx82 and Dnns84.  I managed to stay within a second or so behind them and saw that we were pulling away from the group behind so I did not really mind too much; at least not yet.
I followed for a number of laps and I began to adjust my driving slowly but surely to get closer and closer not to pass but to pressure since I knew it would take a mistake from chaos in order to pass because an outright pass would be too risky due to our similar pace and it happened....On the last turn he induced an acceleration oversteer that allowed me an easy pass and now I set about to chase down my teammate Dnns84.    Now I was following my teammate for many laps comfortably just within striking distance as he had just about equal pace as I.  My microphone was turned off so I could not relay to him not to worry about me since both of us had a good margin to those behind.  Somehow I think he knew he could trust me as I have never done a Banzai pass all this time and.....Well, he is my teammate.  Just looking out for the team.  As we were finishing Lap 13, I saw that we were closing up to someone whom I did not know was for position or backmarker, and thinking I did not want to waste a precious second or more that I decided on the fly to pit then.  A couple of competitors went by while I was in the pit but I did to worry just yet because their gap was big enough that I should be in front when they pit.  My teammate made a pit stop several laps later than I and managed to increase the gap about a couple of seconds.  Somehow I was able to shorten this gap until I was right behind him and I stayed there for so many laps until the time he had a small bobble which allowed me the opportunity to pass.    Right before my pass on teammate, I had noticed Paciaman behind me but I believed he had trouble with his tires and I relayed the message to my teammate now that I had my microphone turned on while in the pits.  With several laps to go I noticed that proben55 had managed to pass my teammate so I began to monitor the gap and he was getting closer!  :eusa_pray:    Once proven55 got on my transmission, it took several laps for him to finally execute a pass on me right on the front straight after the kink and before the turn.   I tried to stay with him but he was increasing his gap slightly but I did not want to give him any rest so I muster all concentration to let him know I would be ready to pounce at the slightest mistake and it happened.......On the last chicane of the penultimate lap, he pissed off PCars Whiting and received an instantaneous 5 second throttle delay.   After I made the chicane and under full acceleration, suddenly I noticed that he was nearly immobile so I had no choice but to take to the grass; otherwise my race and his would have finished in tears.  Now I noticed that Paciaman was behind but at a comfortable gap that there was no way for him to catch up on the last lap so I finished in 2nd!!!!!!!! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:    I must thank my teammate who made it difficult for as long as he could to keep proven55 and Paciaman at a safe distance from me.  Thanks Dnns84. :13:

We celebrated well into the night having earned a great haul of points for the team.   I was going to drink my usual XX Beer but decided for Heinekens.   Word got to the XX Corporate that they threaten to offer a Sponsor contract to our race winner GZR_SCClockDr so they could feature him in the "Most interesting Man in the World" commercials.  They figure he is a winner and with a little bit of beard, he would look the part.   :sign0135:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 01:07:AM by lmntr »

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2017, 02:02:PM »
Here is my Imola after action report.

PRACTICE:
I apologize for the wrong livery, on entry to the lobby, I went to the garage as usual, changed the livery to #12 as it was different.
On initial start I was laying down a couple of 1:27's with a full fuel load less a few laps. After pittting for 4 new Yiros my times started to improve after several lackluster rounds trying to get coordinated. I achieved several 1:27's later in this stint swapping P1 with proben55. I pitted again on lap 24 for a qualy set of rubber and set my session best of 1:26.474, proben55 bested me with a 1:26.371, well done sir!

QUALIFICATION:
The session started out as a routine Qual with some pretty sporty times being set by proben55, Paciaman,  Wally & myself as I recall. P1 changed hands several times. The 1:25.715 set by proben55 & 1:25.840 by Paciaman proved too stout for me to challenge. I did manage a 1:26.854 to slip into P3 with Wally close behind.

RACE:
I got off to a decent (for me) start 5th through Tamburello. I was looking to settle in at this point and pass my way up to 3rd or 4th after a few good laps. On to Villeneuve, tire smoke in the distance, 2 cars off to the left, P3 wow. Rounded Tosa close behind The_Bag up the hill getting along side eased around Piratella & hammer down for the dramatic outside flying pass into Acgue Minerale. I'm feeling in the groove now, P2. Now to lay down some good clean laps to whittle away at r_valley's 3 sec lead. This proved to be some slow work at a torrid pace for the remainder of lap 1, 2 into 3. I was gaining in the back then losing a bit in the front but gaining overall. Then exiting Piratella it appears sadly r_wally missed a shift and boom I'm in the lead. The remaining race was rather bland just working to hit my marks and safely pass any back markers I encountered. Pitted on lap 12 dropping to P3. Advanced to P2 next lap, passing r_wally as he pitted. As I approached the pit entry on lap 14 The_Bag apparently disconnected, what a shame,  P1 again through the rest of the race. During the event I thought The_Bag pitted watching the video revealed he was dropped.

I enjoyed this track and event though I missed out on a possibly epic dual had the servers behaved.

https://youtu.be/6GvUogYvZM0

On to Snetterton.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2017, 02:07:PM by SCClockDr »
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline Paciaman

• your custom title
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2017, 04:22:PM »
What a insane race!  :dance: After the start I thought to stay behind Proben, but he made mistake at the first turn, and his exit was slow,  mine was better and we arrived side by side at the second chicane. And we touched. I had several damage on the right side but was possible to continue to get only one pit stop. I pitted at lap 8 and then start to get hot and clean laps but my tires goes and I did some error. Proben takes me and he attacked me at the first corner and he pushed me out, probably a lug (at 10'20" of the video). Than, at the last lap he takes penality and I get position. Congratulations to my great team mate!!!! And to Lmtr too

https://youtu.be/MJSFOh7ZhY8

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2017, 10:39:PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUANTQiH638

My race. The first corner was tricky, GZR was slower than I expected so there was only one option at that moment and that was to go hard on the brakes and steer to the left as much as possible without getting a penalty, which would probably have caused a crash. Any other move would also have resulted in a crash. Now it was just a bit of wheel to wheel which cause neither driver damage and to avoid a later penalty I went off the throttle for a moment to let Chaos pass me.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2017, 10:41:PM by Dnns84 »

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2017, 07:17:PM »
https://youtu.be/pSPJfT9eJSw

one of my favourite track and was enjoying the race even though I had lost a bit of time to clock in the lead I was comfortable with a 30sec lead over p3 i think. not long after the bag got disconnected I hit one of those invisible wall that ruined my race. One of those things, its to be expected with this game so it was only a matter of time before I was affected but was so frustrating. Well done clock for being fast and so consistent.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2017, 02:23:PM »
As far as invisible walls, I can not find the video now but I did see the reason for someone's car suddenly breaking the suspension.  Upon close examination of the video, I saw that there was a piece of suspension floating in the air and the poor fellow just happened to hit it.  I wonder now if anyone had a slight incident during the race at the same spot where whalley's car broke.

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2017, 05:02:PM »
Here is a video of what happened to me on lap 1 in the first race, I was all alone!

https://youtu.be/OCaAhV8F6IM?t=1573

It happens, what can I say!
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief