Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 10, Formula B, Snetterton 300, April 13, 2017  (Read 1565 times)

Offline Kash

• your custom title
Re: Round # 10, Formula B, Snetterton 300, April 13, 2017
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2017, 04:33:PM »
What sort of lap times are people doing in race trim and in quali trim?

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2017, 04:41:PM »
What sort of lap times are people doing in race trim and in quali trim?

I am guessing in the 1:26s or lower from the top guys, the rest of us are in the 1:27 to 1:29s for qualy.   Race trim add about a second although some guys come within tenths of their qualifying during the race as the fuel goes down.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2017, 11:12:PM »
After qualifying in 7th place, but with a lap time which was a full second faster than I thought I could drive, I was OK with that. I had a reasonable start, tried my best to stay out of trouble, sticking to my line as close as I could. In turn 3 I was right on the back of The Bag and from my point of view there was no contact, I didn't feel anything in the force feedback, but The Bag went straight ahead as if someone (could only have been me) had given him a little push. First lap from my replay: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sijnyn_HlH8
I settled in P5 and soon had a nice gap to the Mighty Mouse, I mean Mighty Dane :P, but when USS Nautilus got passed him, he quickly came closer to me, but couldn't quite close the gap, it stayed around 2-3 seconds until I went off-roading for a bit, which put him only 1 second behind me. The pressure was full on and in the first corner of lap 10 I made a huge mistake and crashed hard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a80Hv2ZyHE8&t=9s
After the crash the road to the pits was very long, that lap including the pitstop took me nearly 4! minutes.
After the pitstop I followed the Dane (who was a lap ahead of me of course) for a long time and I was impressed by his speed.
In the end I somehow managed to pass Skanda and USS Nautilus (don't know what happened there) and P8 was more than I expected after the crash.

Congratulations to Proben on his win and to GZR and lmntr on their podium finishes!

Lap times etc are attached as CSV files.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 12:10:AM by Dnns84 »
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2017, 12:42:AM »
Lol your reply doesn't even show me  :wtf:

No problem mate after watching my reply it's a nothing incident in fact my own fault. I moved slightly to the right and the corner of your wing hit the back of my tyre very slightly and shot me off. Bit strange but just one of those things. I will upload my view wen I get chance.

Nice to see Dane in - we had 3 way holly shit moment perhaps 8 - 10 laps in, not sure if I was following Paci or Prob and we both went on the inside on turn 1  :undecided: I hadn't planned on making a move on either cars. Thankfully due to Dane being a good clean driver it didn't end up in tears. 

ClockDr - Could you turn the mic down slightly please  :icon_biggrin:

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2017, 01:18:AM »
Yeah I just watched the first laps from GZR's point of view: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAcpVRSYm4U
It doesn't show exactly what happened, but it looks indeed like we had the slightest of contacts. It does show once again how flawed the replay is. In my replay you weren't there at all and instead of fighting with GZR it looked like I was fighting with lmntr.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2017, 02:02:AM »
 :cheer: Congratulations are in order to proben55 on his second win of the season! :cheer:   Also, great achievement to GZR_SCClockDr on his 2nd Place finish and well.....I came in 3rd!  :grin:    So happy of the results! 

Race Report:  I qualified a satisfying 4th Place and was thankful of my team tweaking the set up ever-so-slightly each race to finally have something I can push with some confidence.  My race started well as I had practiced a few starts and it helped get me a solid start, I watched my mirrors, which I can see more of, thanks to my new seating position, and saw that the fellows behind were driving conservatively into the first turn and thus, I could just relax and concentrate on my line thankfully.   Just after turn 1, I saw a cloud of dust and a car bounced across the track from left to right and watched it carefully to ensure it was not coming back and it did not, in fact I never got off the accelerator.    I managed to stay close to proben55 and r_whalley89 in front of me for a couple of laps and then my eyesight began to vibrate violently and could hardly see where they were so I just followed at a safe distance.  My engineer yelled that the back of my helmet was hitting the roll bar so I needed to use my neck muscles to push my head forward during hard acceleration.   ( Actually, I had lag. The vibrating eyesight actually happened during my run at Road America while driving a Skip Barber Formula Dodge.).  The vibration was so bad that I lost my way slightly and my 3rd Place to GZR_SCClcokDr, this put me in the clutches of my teammate for a while but I managed to build a slight gap. I tried getting closer to Clock but he was marginally faster and he slowly but surely started to build a gap.  He had a moment once because the gap dropped suddenly but he recovered.  I knew it was going to be difficult if not impossible to pass him and my only hope was a mistake on his part.   On lap 12, Clock made a pass on whalley and then I managed to do the same on the next lap when he went wide on the last turn.  I made a pit stop at the end of Lap 13 and pulled out still in front of whalley but behind Clock so again, I just concentrated on the cleanest laps and all three of us were making similar pace and I just could not shake whalley as he was always within striking distance.   Around Lap 21, I caught up with Skanda and he let me by on Turn 2, and I made my tight line as I had practiced over and over in case I needed it.   A couple of laps later I encountered USS_Nautilus and he let me by on the front straight.  We continued to hold station and that is the way we finished with me in 3rd Place!!!:grin: :grin: :grin:    Yohoooo!   Another podium!   

We celebrated until we could not keep our eyes open courtesy of "Dos Equis"   They have relented on their threat after I convinced them I could grow a beard and try to look distinguished for the commercials.   :13:

Well, now I look to next week with a little apprehension as it is Azure of all places.  :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: :eusa_pray: !   with so many blind turns not knowing to expect a car sideways it could be almost anyone's race.   Let's hope no crazy incidents occur.    See you guys next week!! :great:

https://youtu.be/xJCEJa7kJeM
« Last Edit: April 14, 2017, 12:36:PM by lmntr »

Offline Kash

• your custom title
« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2017, 05:19:PM »
When will the quali and race results inc quali times and fastest laps be posted?

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2017, 05:32:PM »
Have a look at Dnns post all lap times etc are in that

Offline Kash

• your custom title
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2017, 05:59:PM »
Unfortunately the CSV files can't be opened on my phone

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2017, 06:22:PM »
lmntr will update the championship tables later today. There you can also see those times. However pole was a 1.26.0. I drove a 1.27.5 during qualifying and was 7th.
During the race the best lap was a 1.26.8 and in the top 6 the slowest fast lap was a 1.27.7. I hope that gives you an indication.
I was actually surprised, I opened the CSV file on my phone without issue (OfficeSuite by mobisystems, came pre-installed on my android phone). On my laptop I use CSVpad, a tiny free program because Excel messes it up.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2017, 06:25:PM »
I will be working on the championship tables in a couple of hours.  You should be able to see the CSV files on a PC;  at least on a Mac, not sure about Windows.

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #26 on: April 14, 2017, 07:36:PM »
The race really tricky. The wear on the tyres was extreme.  The last 5 laps of each stint I had nothing left. The start of the race I  was presented with a gift as pacieman spun and I ended up in 2nd. Was able to keep proben honest until the tyres fell off and clock caught me. Made a mistake at the chicane at the back of the track which allowed clock to be along side going into the right hander. I stayed on the outside line and gave clock room, unfortunately he forced me off causing me to go for a trip in the grass. The end of the 1st stint I lost so much time with the tyre fall off which allowed imntr to catch and pass. The 2nd stint was I was pretty much 1/2 sec behind imntr for a number of laps unable to get any closer until the tyres went.  I touched USS in turn 1 which damaged my suspenion. I just couldn't see over my steering wheel to judge the distance. Hope i didn't damage your car? After that it was a case of making sure i finished. Video will be up tomorrow.

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #27 on: April 14, 2017, 08:32:PM »
Sorry about the drift wide in Coram. Got a bit too much curb and the bouncing put too much stress on the left side so it would not hold the inside line. I was saying a few #&$+@? words under my breath when I observed the incident in the replay. My apologies.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2017, 08:39:PM »
The championship tables have been updated.  As always, please examine for any issues.

Offline Kash

• your custom title
« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2017, 11:26:PM »
The racing looks closer here than what I am currently experiencing, which is good.

My times and my team mate times in Snetterton 300 were quite strong both in race and quali. If any one is setting up practice sessions drop me a message on PSN message service, KASHINIT is my ID. I will get a notification on my phone immediately instead of signing in here every time.