Username: Password:

Author Topic: Formula B Season 2017 (S3)  (Read 3378 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Re: Formula B Season 2017 (S3)
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2017, 12:47:PM »
Who is hosting tonight?
I can do it if I'm needed.
Are we doing the weather the same as the race calendar?
What tyre wear are we using?

Dnns84 will be host.  We will have same weather as the calendar and tire wear is X4.   

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2017, 02:54:PM »
Yeah, opposed to the weather we will be using on the Nurburgring, the weather for this race isn't that influential, so we'll be racing with some clouds and clear weather.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #32 on: February 02, 2017, 10:34:PM »
Nice racing from everyone today  :sign0098:

I was making too many mistakes so I decided to gamble with a 0 stop which worked, but my pace the last couple of laps was terrible, it felt like driving on ice and it was a miracle I didn't spin. 2nd place is my best result so far, if only this race counted towards the championship :(

Looking forward to the start of the season with immediately a (partially) wet race, let's see how well everyone can drive in those conditions. I had a pretty hard time with it when I tested it.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #33 on: February 02, 2017, 11:31:PM »
Overview of everyone's lap times. Because of a couple of quitters/disconnections the list isn't completely correct, but easy enough to filter them out. Please note that it only shows pitstops from myself (none in this race), not from anyone else, but if you see a laptime that is 30 seconds slower than others, there's a good chance they made a stop in that lap ;)

edit: wow, Proben55 was really a on a different level than the rest of us. 46 seconds lead over me in 2nd and he made a pitstop and I didn't. Great driving!
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 11:37:PM by Dnns84 »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2017, 11:39:AM »
That was a really tidy race.
Respect to all who participated.
I am really excited about this season.

I think the tyre wear balances out perfectly. I finished less than 2 seconds behind Roundrocket. I stopped and he didn't.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 11:42:AM by Skanda-Five »
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2017, 02:18:PM »
That was a really tidy race.
Respect to all who participated.
I am really excited about this season.

I think the tyre wear balances out perfectly. I finished less than 2 seconds behind Roundrocket. I stopped and he didn't.

Yeah, going for 0 stops is quite risky, we also saw that last week when Whalley didn't stop and I was catching up to him really fast in his last  couple of laps and if I hadn't gotten a 5s slow-down I would have overtaken him. Even though in both races the 0 stoppers were rewarded, I think it's pretty well balanced too, since it's a big gamble to not stop.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2017, 02:26:PM »
Yeah, going for 0 stops is quite risky, we also saw that last week when Whalley didn't stop and I was catching up to him really fast in his last  couple of laps and if I hadn't gotten a 5s slow-down I would have overtaken him. Even though in both races the 0 stoppers were rewarded, I think it's pretty well balanced too, since it's a big gamble to not stop.

If I could have avoided just one error, I reckon I would have been close enough to apply pressure, maybe forcing a driver on worn tyres into an error themselves.

On lap 20 I dropped 5 seconds with a big error. Without that I would have been pressuring Roundrocket by lap 24.

The choice between stopping and being on fresher tryes at the end compared with not stopping and having no tyres is exactly where it should be. They both have equal benefits and equal drawbacks.

Now time to throw some rain into the mix!
Bring it!
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 02:38:PM by Skanda-Five »
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2017, 05:34:PM »
Just for everybody to be clear: These are all the weathertypes we use

And this is how we setup each race on thursday (see attachments).

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2017, 03:02:PM »
Re Race Setup 2.jpg, I see Light Cloudy and Clear on our race schedule. Was this changed?
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2017, 03:29:PM »
No, the pictures in the attachments are just as a visual clarification to the race setup, making it easier for people to host and also practice in exact race conditions. Weather and number of laps are the only variables from race to race and this post was made mid february ;)
The wednesday mock race also differs at that it's set to visual damage only and ghosts allowed.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 03:30:PM by Dnns84 »