Username: Password:

Author Topic: Formula B 2017 Sign-up  (Read 5747 times)

Offline Lee

• your custom title
Re: Formula B 2017 Sign-up
« Reply #30 on: February 02, 2017, 11:35:PM »
PSN ID: L33-BAL
UK, Cornwall
Age 47
Ping 36ms  Download 13Mbps Upload 0.86Mbps
Worked within motor trade for 25 years now yacht broker based in Cornwall, used to race bikes & sprint & hill climb cars.
Hobbies are my Merc A45 & Duc 899 Panigale
Enjoyed the last two Thursdays, clean, quick, respectful racing by people who sound like their having fun.... I'm up for that...
With a bit of luck my pace will soon be a little quicker and consistent to hang on to the pack. Got down to the 1.30's during the Imola race and was pleased, need help with understanding the set up side.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #31 on: February 02, 2017, 11:57:PM »
Welcome! If you want some pointers check out this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMja_Cr3ORs&t=5s

However, you will have to try out different settings on your car from race to race. Just play a bit with downforce etc until you feel comfortable in the car. For me personally I like to have more front downforce than rear, it just makes it a bit easier to turn into the corners.

If you have a laptop/pc nearby when you race you can download the app pCars vHUD for free from the windows store and it shows you engine temperatures and when you get aero damage or engine/brake damage etc. Very useful when you're making a setup, less so during the race since you want to keep your eyes on the road with these speeds :P
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #32 on: February 03, 2017, 12:24:AM »

Cornwall & Duc 899 Panigale

That translates to - Eats pasties while waiting for the AA  :sign0098:

Welcome aboard. You will find this is a good group of chaps or they have been in the previous champs I've raced.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #33 on: February 03, 2017, 12:26:AM »
UK, Cornwall
Age 47
Ping 36ms  Download 13Mbps Upload 0.86Mbps
Worked within motor trade for 25 years now yacht broker based in Cornwall, used to race bikes & sprint & hill climb cars.
Hobbies are my Merc A45 & Duc 899 Panigale
Enjoyed the last two Thursdays, clean, quick, respectful racing by people who sound like their having fun.... I'm up for that...
With a bit of luck my pace will soon be a little quicker and consistent to hang on to the pack. Got down to the 1.30's during the Imola race and was pleased, need help with understanding the set up side.

Welcome L33-BAL,  We are so glad that you had such great experience and now you have joined us.   :dance:   I am sure you will quicken your pace with more practice yet.  I see that Dnn84 already is helping you, Thanks, Dnns84.  I will be updating the Formula B livery selection thread shortly to reflect your assignment as we are trying teams this season.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2017, 12:27:AM by lmntr »

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #34 on: February 03, 2017, 12:33:AM »
I've just looked at the lap times from tonight. His fastest lap was in the ball park with the regular guys. 👍 Is he my team mate ?

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2017, 12:39:AM »
Lmntr - I couldn't hear you in chat before sorry.  No worries I even signed earlier than normal to get a slot lol.

Better to promote the league than kick someone.  :13:

Do I get a 10 sec advantage at Imola now  :sign0151:

Is TK not joining? I want revenge.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2017, 12:45:AM »
I've just looked at the lap times from tonight. His fastest lap was in the ball park with the regular guys. 👍 Is he my team mate ?

Yes, he is your team mate, he might be your Vandoorne of the team, so watch out! :grin:

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2017, 12:47:AM »
Lmntr - I couldn't hear you in chat before sorry.  No worries I even signed earlier than normal to get a slot lol.

Better to promote the league than kick someone.  :13:

Do I get a 10 sec advantage at Imola now  :sign0151:

Is TK not joining? I want revenge.

Yes, TK is pulling a Rosberg!   :sign0135:

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #38 on: February 03, 2017, 12:55:AM »

Yes, he is your team mate, he might be your Vandoorne of the team, so watch out! :grin:

Fellow biker as a team mate, what more could I ask for.

Being a biker gives you special powers that only bikers a fit Blonde women speak of.

The Championship is ours already  :icon_mrgreen: ( although I think he might be annoyed out cat isn't Red )

Offline dyr_gl

• your custom title
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2017, 11:39:PM »
PSN ID: dyr_gl  // First name and last name initial: R.G.
Nationality and Location: Spanish, currently at Spain.
Age or just bracket: 29
Internet Speed: Ping: 68m/s // 5.2 mb download // 0.52 upload
Tell us about yourself: Been invited by a member (Dnns84) through youtube, and thought it was time to get back into organized racing. Im interested signing up as reserve and hopping in where theres a gap, due to work Im likely to miss many rounds anyway. A bit rusty at PCARS but with a bit of practice should be back on a decent pace soon!

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2017, 02:01:AM »
Tell us about yourself: Been invited by a member (Dnns84) through youtube, and thought it was time to get back into organized racing. Im interested signing up as reserve and hopping in where theres a gap, due to work Im likely to miss many rounds anyway. A bit rusty at PCARS but with a bit of practice should be back on a decent pace soon!

Welcome G.R., I look forward to race with you on track sometime.   :13:

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #41 on: February 07, 2017, 04:32:AM »

If you're the YouTube dude then I must say I'm impressed with your videos. Keep up the great work. If your not the YouTube dude then welcome to the club.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #42 on: February 07, 2017, 04:20:PM »
Welcome to dyr_gl.
Love the channel! Respect.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2017, 06:02:PM by Skanda-Five »
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline RacingAtHome

• your custom title
« Reply #43 on: February 28, 2017, 10:59:PM »
PSN ID: RacingAtHome
Name: Jake W
Nationality and Location: English, Southampton
Age or just bracket: 18
Internet Speed:

Tell us about yourself
First year of uni doing an IT course. Raced many leagues ranging from Project CARS to F1 through the GT Series. Had a few wins as well and looking around for something new. Not got a Project CARS League bar the AOR stuff and hopefully this will be good fun. Not raced the Formula B outside the career so really that's a car to get used to.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #44 on: February 28, 2017, 11:33:PM »
PSN ID: RacingAtHome
Name: Jake W
Nationality and Location: English, Southampton
Age or just bracket: 18
Internet Speed:

Tell us about yourself
First year of uni doing an IT course. Raced many leagues ranging from Project CARS to F1 through the GT Series. Had a few wins as well and looking around for something new. Not got a Project CARS League bar the AOR stuff and hopefully this will be good fun. Not raced the Formula B outside the career so really that's a car to get used to.

Welcome, RacingAtHome,  I am very happy to see you here!