Username: Password:

Author Topic: Monday night  (Read 4158 times)

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Re: Monday night
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2017, 01:32:AM »
By the way, who will be driving which lmp1 next week? I know the RWD is usually the fastest although the Toyota also has the records on some tracks. I will go for the Audi e-tron, I just don't feel comfortable driving those other 2. I do hope that if someone is driving in front of me he will be driving the Aston Martin, that one has an awesome sound.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #31 on: April 05, 2017, 04:05:AM »
I had much fun today with the FG1000. For some reason all the trolls were out this evening waiting for Dnns to open the lobby and ruin the race for many.  One guy in particular was on a mission to destroy all my hot laps in qualifying so I just gave up and settled for 9th on the grid.  The start of the race was as expected in a public lobby...into the first corner and I get nailed from behind causing my car to flip and land upside down. After that incident I had no panels left on my car. It was just a frame with wheels and the engine. Lol. At the end of the race, it was just us 10tenths guys finishing after starting with 15 drivers.

There was a guy that parked his car near the pit exit, I think he might be interested in our league but I didn't get his id. He DNF'd the race. He was clean in practice and qualifying.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #32 on: April 05, 2017, 12:25:PM »
Would you recognize his ID if you saw his name Rambo? I have a screenshot from the end of practice (because 4 of us were in the top 5) and in Whalley's video you can see the top 10 qualifiers.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #33 on: April 05, 2017, 03:01:PM »
I just finished watching whalley's video of the Formula Gulf race.  I am shocked at the speed displayed by whalley and Clock, you fellows are fast!   About the "deplorables" of the gaming world, that is just something you can not get away from in public lobbies.  So much that I recently have started a small but growing list of people I would just automatically kick or vote to kick out when I see them in the lobby.   The driver parked by pit road exit was flyhigh879.  I have to check his ID; later I believe I raced with him in the evening hours and he did well .     Pole was obtained by SOARESF1 and he was keeping pace with whalley up until he was in an incident.   The driver that took out Clock and he appeared to be waiting on drivers just to meddle in between was jasu67.    Later another driver that waited for whalley to hound him was relaxfeetup, thankfully whalley was just marginally faster and managed to get away from him.  That is the last thing you need while leading a race for someone to hit you off road when they do not have any business hounding you.   I will add some of these to my data base.   I will check later the LMP1 specifications to decide which to drive next Monday.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #34 on: April 05, 2017, 03:26:PM »
During free practice I spend some time watching people, to see if people were misbehaving on track, but at that time I didn't notice any problems. The only guy I kicked was some dude who was constantly yelling and cursing. I could have just muted him (as I did with a few others who were too loud), but I wanted to make an example out of him because he was really rude...
But keeping a lobby clean isn't just the host's responsibility, everyone can initiate a Vote to kick, at which point the host can do a check to see if it's just and proceed with the kick.
But yeah, this lobby really attracted the worst, Ok, there were some disconnections, but most people just left during the race and the last lap only the 4 of us were left...but we do need the public races to find the nice drivers who are interested in a league with like minded drivers.

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #35 on: April 05, 2017, 04:07:PM »
RWD P30 LMP1 will be my machine of of choice. From my days driving this car when the game first came out the engine tends to expire if you're not managing the revs.  But the cockpit view and sound is simply the best.  That sound the RWD makes when you shift gears is stunning.  If it matters, I'll take the all black, Vulcan sponsored car. Not sure of the number but it looks like the bat mobile.

Great investigation work lmntr. Flyhigh was his name. I met two drivers also that might be interested in joining us. One of them only drives the FG1000 and the other will drive anything. Both guys have the same pace as myself but are very clean and show a lot of respect.  They are checking their schedules and will get back to me.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #36 on: April 05, 2017, 04:21:PM »
Nice going Rambo :cheer: This season is getting close to the conclusion (in 3 weeks +1 day we'll be done) and there are always drivers coming and going at the end so, it's nice to have a couple of interested people in advance.
And since we already have a reserve driver list, they could also hop in for the last races to see if they like the league.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2017, 10:34:AM »
So, I did some driving and calculations and 19 laps should bring us around the 30 minute mark for the race.
What do you guys think? Start at 8 with 45m practice,  start at 8 & 1h practice or start at 8.15 with 45m practice? The last 2 options might give some guys the opportunity to join who would otherwise be too late to the party.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2017, 12:39:PM »
So, I did some driving and calculations and 19 laps should bring us around the 30 minute mark for the race.
What do you guys think? Start at 8 with 45m practice,  start at 8 & 1h practice or start at 8.15 with 45m practice? The last 2 options might give some guys the opportunity to join who would otherwise be too late to the party.

I probably would go for the 8PM and 1 hr. practice.   

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2017, 01:11:PM »
That would also be the best option in my opinion.  Same times as wednesdays and thursdays will be less confusing :)

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2017, 11:09:PM »
Concur!
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #41 on: April 10, 2017, 05:58:AM »
I choose the Toyota  TS040 Hybrid #3 for my ride.
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2017, 12:02:AM »
Aside from getting punted in the first corner, which left me facing the wrong way on the racing line,I enjoyed the LMP's. Sorry if I ruined your race lmntr.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #43 on: April 11, 2017, 02:30:PM »
Monday the 17th - 18 Laps in Formula Rookie around the Azure Circuit (Monaco)
Monday the 24th - 15 Laps in Formula Renault 3.5 around Spa-Francorchamps

Settings:
Damage: Visual Only or No Damage, either is fine.
Mechanical Failures: Yes
Tire wear: Real
Fuel Usage: Real
Weather: 1 slot = Clear
Ghosts allowed
Date: 'Race date' 14.00 start with real time progression

Lobby opens shortly before 8pm UK. Practice starts at 8 and lasts 1 hour, followed by 15m quali, 5m warm-up and the race (as close as possible to 30 minutes)

Edit: a private lobby is preferred. Open lobbies require too much luck that you get a nice bunch of drivers, usually most of them are A-holes.
Monaco will certainly be private, that one is too easily ruined by others. The last race, we'll see...
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 09:53:PM by Dnns84 »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #44 on: April 11, 2017, 04:11:PM »

Aside from getting punted in the first corner, which left me facing the wrong way on the racing line,I enjoyed the LMP's. Sorry if I ruined your race lmntr.

That is alright Rambo, I have no idea what it was or I already forgot about, no problem. 

Monday the 17th - 18 Laps in Formula Rookie around the Azure Circuit (Monaco)
Monday the 24th - 15 Laps in Formula Renault 3.5 around Spa-Francorchamps

I think for Azure, there is no way in ending well in a public lobby, we are just going to have to promote it as private.