Username: Password:

Author Topic: Monday night  (Read 4368 times)

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Re: Monday night
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2017, 08:53:PM »
Lol, I'm such a n00b...where can you set your FOV? (I assume it's field of view you're talking about)

By the way, I just did 10 laps in an lmp1 (audi e-tron) and 10 in a FG1000 at Imola. I drove both cars with stock setup and full fuel. The LMP1 I was doing laps between 1.34 and 1.35 and in the FG1000 I did 1.49-1.50.
So if we want a race of 30 minutes: LMP1 = 19 laps and FG1000 = 16 laps
Perhaps it's handy to add 1 lap because after a bit of setup and with less fuel, people will undoubtedly be driving faster :)

How does this sound? We start at the regular 8pm UK, do 45m practice where you throw together a quick setup, 15m quali, 5m warm-up and 30m race?
Also to keep things simple we'd use clear weather, real tire wear and real fuel usage, visual damage. The rest of the settings the same as in the league races (race date 14.00 etc)
I give each car a number, share this with lmntr in a pm and I ask someone in the lobby to pick a number 1 or 2 and that will be the car we race on monday, but let's just do this ASAP instead of 1 hour before the race as I earlier suggested.
Next week (Snetterton) we can do the same on monday, but in the car that wasn't picked for this week. The week after that we will have 2 new cars to choose from again and do the same (for example a Formula rookie and the Renault 3.5. This way we get a fair amount of testing done to pick next season's car and have some fun in a different car each week.

If you guys agree, I'll set things in motion :steeringwheel: so we can hopefully have a well attended race on monday (otherwise we could make the lobby public)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 02:05:PM by Dnns84 »
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2017, 01:11:AM »
To change fov, go to options, camera, and lower the cockpit value.  I believe the default is 80.  To get the most out of the fov, move seat all the down and back, then set camera fov to 67. Believe me Dnns, it makes the game much more realistic in terms of what you see, especially when your playing on a 60" screen. 

I'm down for any day, any time. 

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2017, 02:25:PM »
Thnx Rambo, I'll check it out.
Meanwhile The FG1000 was randomly selected, lmtr can confirm :p
17 laps should put us right in the 30m ballpark.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2017, 03:51:PM »
It is all good.  I am in  :icon_biggrin:

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2017, 04:37:PM »
For now I made the decision to allow setups (which we discussed earlier), but if it proves too time consuming to get a reasonable setup in 45m (I doubt it), we could always change that for next week or so and set it to default setups only. I don't think anyone will need to make a pitstop (unless they accidentally put in too little fuel) since real tire wear should allow for no problems in that department, eliminating the need to also create a strategy for the race, so the focus stays on just having a bit of fun and people who drive in multiple leagues don't have to prepare for another event.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2017, 09:23:PM »
Did quite a few laps around Monaco in the FG1000 just for fun and you're absolutely right Rambo, it's really immersive with the 67FOV  :thumb_up: My TV is a quite a bit smaller (42" I believe) but I'm pretty close to it. For the distance I am at, I wouldn't really want a much bigger tv, at least not bigger than 49"

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2017, 12:52:AM »
Guys can we put this off for Tuesday? I completely forgot I have a doctor appt tomorrow. Thank god the wife reminded me. If not it's ok. I might join late depending what time I finish. My apt is for 19:30UK time.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2017, 01:52:PM »
Guys can we put this off for Tuesday? I completely forgot I have a doctor appt tomorrow. Thank god the wife reminded me. If not it's ok. I might join late depending what time I finish. My apt is for 19:30UK time.

Just read this and I forwarded the question to the lobby and the people who showed interest.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2017, 05:17:PM »
Since nobody really objected and today isn't really working for both Rambo and me (I hope lmntr is available tomorrow) I just made the call to move it to tuesday. I'm afraid we will have to make it an open lobby (damage is turned off anyway), but I'll try to get a headcount for tomorrow.

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2017, 05:56:PM »
I have a rain out on outside work so today was I idea, tomorrow I expect to be working on Alaska trip preps dawn to dark. I will open a public lobby for the fg1000 @ Imola as was planned. If no-one shows oh well. I must make the most of daylight between now and 1 May so i will limit myself to Mon, Wed, & Thu. With Monday weather permitting (outside work rained out).
It is what it is, I'll make due.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2017, 05:59:PM by SCClockDr »
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2017, 10:33:PM »
I had a decent first half during the practice session and then, everything changed for me.  My car started behaving like a totally different car; I was no longer able to push the car in the corners or brake late in a controlled way no matter what I did despite only changing three parameters.  The car was very sensitive to road undulations and it was very easily loosing adhesion.  I also noticed a competitor being always in ghost mode throughout the practice.  Needless to say, my race went to hell.  After the lobby was closed, I opened a new one.  Sure enough, my car was back to normal and I even went way lower in downforce and still was able to handle the car; I even went faster!!    :shocked: .     

Offline SCClockDr

« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2017, 12:10:AM »
Glad to see your issues were resolved. I sure was having fun. Running at the rev limit takes its toll on the engine which got down graded to 90% by the end of the race. I rarely let it go below 8K.

Even with the 90% engine I managed a fastest lap of 1:44.307 on the last lap & my crew chief was fretting about the fuel remaining.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2017, 12:14:AM by SCClockDr »
Regards
George

PCars GOTY on Original PS4 500G
G29 W/O Shifter, TB PX-4, DIY Arduino Button Box,
Android PCars Dash, & Crew Chief

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #27 on: April 04, 2017, 05:36:PM »
Glad to see your issues were resolved. I sure was having fun. Running at the rev limit takes its toll on the engine which got down graded to 90% by the end of the race. I rarely let it go below 8K.

Even with the 90% engine I managed a fastest lap of 1:44.307 on the last lap & my crew chief was fretting about the fuel remaining.

Hey Clock, that's a pretty impressive time for the fg1000 at Imola. I've tune just about everything and the best I can get is a 1:48 if I have the bible next to me. Lol.  Can you shed some light on your setup. Thanks.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #28 on: April 04, 2017, 09:16:PM »
I managed to avoid the Aholes who were deliberately trying to ruin people's races for the most part (during the race 1 incident without consequences) and during quali 2 incidents with the same guy, he was in front of me, but made a big mistake basically ruining his lap, but instead of giving me space to overtake, he just runs me off-track. The next lap I got past him quickly and took a lead, but in breaking into the last double left hander, he just came from far a way, didn't break at all and smashed into me.
At the start of the race I just did all I could to avoid contact and despite a lot of people having jump starts and subsequently crashing into others in the 1st corner, I managed to go by without issue and got behind a guy who qualified in front of me, but we were running a similar pace. Eventually I managed a clean overtake (he was also racing the way it should be), but after a lap of 3 on my tail, he spun out and later disconnected.
The guy on pole was really fast, but he got knocked out in the first corner, but he managed to close the gap to me quickly, we had a bit fun fighting, but he was too fast for me so I had to let him go chase Whalley. If that guy hadn't disconnected I think Whalley would have probably been in a nice fight near the end. The 2nd half of the race was a lonely one, finished way behind whalley and a good margin to GZR (who had a weird bug happening, he had damage and couldnt drive on without pitting, while damage was set to Visual Only  :wtf: )

But all in all, some good fun in this lovely little car.
Next week on Monday we'll just do a private lobby (or the turnout has to be really low) driving an LMP1 around Snetterton 300 :O
The week after that we'll have a new lottery with 2 new cars: 1 will be used that week, the other one the week after.

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2017, 11:22:PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0TccDvi-x4

I really enjoy these cars. a lot of fun its just a shame that clock was taken out by a back marker. the pole sitter was closing slowly but was trying my best to maintain the gap. I've send him a message so we will see if he responds. the 2nd half of the race was pretty lonely and he left/disconnected