Username: Password:

Author Topic: Monday night  (Read 4581 times)

Offline thebag69

• your custom title
Monday night
« on: December 17, 2016, 12:35:AM »
We have a good bunch of fellas here who 99.9% we have good clean racing.

So let's keep the momentum going, but with a different format just to keep things interesting. Just a 1 off to start with. Maybe this might gain more interest in the Indy championship.

I will open a lobby at around 9pm GB time. Send me a FR if you want to join.

Races will be 5 - 10 laps, No damage. However no bad driving or you will be kicked.

A mix of Formula Rookie / Gulf Etc. Slow cars on short tracks. This normally means close racing no matter what the car. If you want a car say so on the night and we can choose a track that's appropriate.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Re: Monday night
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2016, 02:08:AM »
Add No Setups, no tire wear and no fuel usage and we can focus on just racing. A practice session to learn the best lines with the car and not wasting it on setting up your car, because everyone uses the default. Would love a race like this with the BAC Mono or a fun little caterham racing on a short variant of Silverstone or wherever.
Count me in if this is also your vision. It's basically arcade racing, but more realistic and with more regard for etiquette. Just having fun.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 01:18:PM »
The_Bag_ , I like the idea of testing a car on equal terms to learn the line and some of the nuances despite my dislike for default but I appreciate the reason and goal of the sessions.  Are you planning to advertise this in the Pcars forum? I imagine you are planning this as a private lobby and they will have to post their interest.   It would be an ideal set up to get more drivers to join our league.  I appreciate your initiative.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 01:59:PM »
I also don't mind setting up my car, but I have way too much free time. Perhaps if you really simplify things, the turnout will be bigger, because people with less time to spare will join for a quick run race

Offline thebag69

• your custom title
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 08:56:PM »
I'm going to have to cancel this now sort guys. Id forgot that I already have plans. Sorry

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2016, 12:40:AM »
We do not have to scrap it altogether.  We could just reschedule it for next weekand we could even include for car the Formula Gulf it has been suggested for next season. 

Offline thebag69

• your custom title
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2016, 05:20:PM »
Yeah will sort it for another night mate. Can you tell I'm real excited about going to the works xmas meal tonight instead  :embarrassed:

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2017, 10:08:PM »
Any interests for LMP racing anyone? Or perhaps an FG1000 night on the same track that we are racing on in FB?

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2017, 10:24:PM »
Any interests for LMP racing anyone? Or perhaps an FG1000 night on the same track that we are racing on in FB?

Yes, I would be interested.  It will be a good test platform for the next season car.   

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2017, 10:37:PM »
I'd like it, I know Imola by heart and already got a setup from the pre-season social race in the FB. But I can only join if we don't start too late, since I got an appointment at the hospital pretty early on tuesday. So if we could start a little earlier, or at least cut the practice short and dial down the number of laps, I'm in. If this doesn't work for the others, I'm out ^^

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2017, 03:01:AM »
Great stuff. Let's pick a day and time. I'm down for whatever day and time. Earlier the better works for me too as my grandmother is in the hospital with CKF and I like to spend the evenings with her.  Are we doing LMP's or the FG1000?

In terms of a car for next season, I would really like to race the FR 3.5 with this group. I find it offers the best visibility from cockpit view and is perhaps the best open wheel car in project cars.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 03:54:AM by Rambo_Commando_ »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2017, 12:52:PM »
I don't mind which car, apart from 1 or 2 seasons in career I barely drove the FG1000, but it's not the hardest car to master and before I joined 10tenths the lmp1 was the car I drove most often.
How does this sound: instead of preparing for the race, we just do some kind of lottery before the race starts. That way we all can setup the car during free practice and have a quick race.
For example I list the car options and give them a number and share this with lmntr for example and then Rambo picks a number shortly before we start.
But if you'd rather decide now so you can set things up earlier and have a bit more practice, I am not against it.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2017, 06:03:PM »
I also do not mind changing to a testing format and run a different car.  Maybe use the 1 hour practice and convert it to something shorter and we still get to run our regular race but different length practice/qualifying to be able to run it on Thursdays.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2017, 10:57:PM »
The number of laps should depend on the speed of the car. Let's say we want a race lasting about 30-35 minutes, it's easily calculated. It's completely separate from the thursday races, but it can also help with picking next season's car.
But for me personally, just this monday, I can't make it too late (normally wednesday/thursday races end around 11pm for me) If we could just get that end time down a little bit, I'd be happy to race :D But it's understandable that it causes too much problems for others to enter, in which case I'd skip a week (if we want to do something similar the next week)

But in any case, we should make up our minds what we want to do and communicate it to the people who don't frequently look at this forum, otherwise, we'd just be driving with 3 or 4 people  :icon_rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 31, 2017, 10:59:PM by Dnns84 »

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2017, 02:32:AM »
I found a public lobby with people driving the fg1000, at the Nurburgring. Got up to 11 players before I got disconnected but it was a blast.  I also did some free practice with the car at Monaco, with an FOV of 67, it felt like you were really driving through the actual streets. The best part was that you still have the entire side mirrors on screen. Give it a try.