Username: Password:

Poll

Vote for one car, one race length, one assists, one lobby start time, one weather, 9 out of 12 tracks

Formula B
2 (3.4%)
Formula Gulf
2 (3.4%)
Lotus 78
2 (3.4%)
Keep current race length of a 30% f1 race that will most likely not force a pit stop
1 (1.7%)
Force a pit stop by either increasing race length, mandating pit stop or increase tire wear
4 (6.8%)
Keep current all assists allowed
4 (6.8%)
Change to no assists allowed
1 (1.7%)
Keep current lobby start time of 8PM London. (approximately qualifying start of 9PM)
2 (3.4%)
Change lobby start to 7 PM London
2 (3.4%)
Keep clear weather
1 (1.7%)
Change to 2 weather slots at 2x progression selected by lottery.
4 (6.8%)
Oulton Park International
2 (3.4%)
Azure Circuit
2 (3.4%)
Bugatti Circuit
3 (5.1%)
Brands Hatch
4 (6.8%)
Nurburgring GP
3 (5.1%)
Catalunya GP
3 (5.1%)
Sakitto GP
3 (5.1%)
Zolder
2 (3.4%)
Spa Francorchamps
4 (6.8%)
Monza
4 (6.8%)
Imola
4 (6.8%)
Snetterton 300
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: January 23, 2017, 03:21:PM

Author Topic: Suggestions for next season  (Read 4615 times)

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
Re: Suggestions for next season
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2017, 11:36:PM »
I didn't pit mate. Simply I had stock settings the car didn't feel good at all, no practice just turned up and raced.

You had way more speed out of corners and straight but I caught up in the slower stuff. I was surprised you pitted tbh I thought we were going to have a good old battle

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #46 on: January 22, 2017, 03:54:PM »
The medium tyre is far superior to the soft I reckon.
This is also one of those rare cars where I run more rear wing than front wing.

Dyr.gl has a great base setup on his YouTube channel if anyone is looking for some pointers.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #47 on: January 22, 2017, 07:45:PM »
 :iagree:

Yeah I've been noticing the same with the FB. The medium compound is the best choice by far.  I wish you guys the best of luck next season.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2017, 07:48:PM by Rambo_Commando_ »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #48 on: January 23, 2017, 05:31:PM »
The Formula B has been selected for the next season.   We will increase the race length to 40 % of an official Formula One race length rounding to closest lap in order to force a pit stop.  We could go up to 50 % if needed but 40 is a good starting point.  The lobby start time will remain the same at 8 PM London.  We will have our usual sessions.   Our weather will consist of 2 slots at x2 progression and will be decided by our own lottery process using only the weather slots where a formula race can take place.  ( No thunderstorm nor other crazy combinations.).   The 12 tracks posted will be part of the season, however at least one more week time is extended, finishing end of day next Sunday, to include your favorite track.  After that, tracks will be finalized.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #49 on: January 23, 2017, 09:05:PM »
I'm all for extending the race, I also voted for that, but I was hoping that the extra time to finish the race would be cut from the 1h practice. Let's say practice starts at 8pm, quali at 8.45 and the race at 9.05-ish. My timezone is 1 hour later than UK time, so for me the race would normally be finished around 11pm, which is ok, but it shouldn't get much later since the later it gets, the harder it becomes to keep focussing on your laps and staying out of the wall/other cars.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #50 on: January 24, 2017, 01:25:AM »
Can I suggest a rolling start.

Mainly because of the lag racing with guys from all over the world. The amount of times I've been hit at the start or had to break and then get hit is silly.

It's not authentic but works well with the guys Rob and myself race with.

Just a thought. I'm happy to do whatever.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #51 on: January 24, 2017, 08:55:PM »
Can I suggest a rolling start.

Mainly because of the lag racing with guys from all over the world. The amount of times I've been hit at the start or had to break and then get hit is silly.

It's not authentic but works well with the guys Rob and myself race with.

Just a thought. I'm happy to do whatever.

We are discussing it……… :eusa_think: .

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #52 on: January 24, 2017, 10:53:PM »
Perhaps it's best if everybody just assumes that the person in front of him on the start grid has a bad/laggy start and take evasive maneuvers, that's what I do anyways and I haven't been involved in crashes right at the start. (I was involved in some other accidents at the start, but that was a bit later trying to overtake people :embarrassed:)
I do agree that rolling starts can avoid a lot of tears, but it's also less exciting. It's not an easy decision.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #53 on: January 25, 2017, 01:29:AM »
I usually prepare my start as if the driver in front is having a delayed start.  It has happenned on more than one occassion that the guy in front did not move immediately and I had to ruin a great start.  A couple of times, I was even hit from behind when they did not react as fast as I did.    Looking back, I believe we were getting better and better as a group and our incidents were becoming less frequent. 

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #54 on: January 25, 2017, 11:16:AM »
I would also be in favour of a rolling start.