Username: Password:

Poll

Vote for one car, one race length, one assists, one lobby start time, one weather, 9 out of 12 tracks

Formula B
2 (3.4%)
Formula Gulf
2 (3.4%)
Lotus 78
2 (3.4%)
Keep current race length of a 30% f1 race that will most likely not force a pit stop
1 (1.7%)
Force a pit stop by either increasing race length, mandating pit stop or increase tire wear
4 (6.8%)
Keep current all assists allowed
4 (6.8%)
Change to no assists allowed
1 (1.7%)
Keep current lobby start time of 8PM London. (approximately qualifying start of 9PM)
2 (3.4%)
Change lobby start to 7 PM London
2 (3.4%)
Keep clear weather
1 (1.7%)
Change to 2 weather slots at 2x progression selected by lottery.
4 (6.8%)
Oulton Park International
2 (3.4%)
Azure Circuit
2 (3.4%)
Bugatti Circuit
3 (5.1%)
Brands Hatch
4 (6.8%)
Nurburgring GP
3 (5.1%)
Catalunya GP
3 (5.1%)
Sakitto GP
3 (5.1%)
Zolder
2 (3.4%)
Spa Francorchamps
4 (6.8%)
Monza
4 (6.8%)
Imola
4 (6.8%)
Snetterton 300
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: January 23, 2017, 03:21:PM

Author Topic: Suggestions for next season  (Read 4187 times)

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
Re: Suggestions for next season
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2017, 08:13:PM »
i have just done  4 laps at imola in the formula b with default setting and to be honest i was surprised having never driven the car that it wasn't that bad. I picked the gulf but I see why people picked the B.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2017, 10:09:PM »
Yes, I do not mind either Formula B or Gulf.  I picked Lotus 78 as I like the snarling engine sound.   I need to do more testing for weather progression.  A long time ago when I ran Formula A, at x2 progression, each weather slot would last about 30 minutes.   Our Indy cars race lasted about 30 minutes and if we had X2 weather progression, it would have never changed during the race.  The next progression jumps to 5X.    I never tested this so I will appreciate anyone does some testing x2 and x5 at 40% of F1 race with one slot being rain to see what it does.  F1 official race lenght is at least 305 kilometers except for Monaco.  If not, maybe we can do a test on Thursday running through our normal length sessions. 

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2017, 02:01:AM »
Update:  I did 2 weather slots at x2 progression test today with the Formula B at 40 % race lenght rounding to closest lap.   My test was 22 laps, Race Date, 14:00 hours, time real progression, 2 weather slots at x2 progression, clear and heavy rain.   I was thinking that I would see rain well into lap 17-18 (about 30 minutes) but I saw the first drops around lap 7.  I continued to drive with soft tires while feeling the adhesion levels and making sure to let the car settle in the middle of the turns without pushing it.   The dry tires were able to handle the rain that kept getting progressively worse but by lap 10, I was feeling loss of adhesion that forced me to pit for wet tires at the end of lap.   I lost it once and end up going backwards but I gathered myself and knew now how much I could push so the rest of the race was uneventful.   I was checking the telemetry to learn a thing or two about the wet tires and suspension settings so I was just riding along but with several laps to go, I decided to try to catch the AI front runners and did not have enough laps to do so.  I recorded it from my helmet view.   Thanks to Dnns84 now I can record up to 60 minutes off my console.   I will work later to share those last laps.   In conclusion, the wet weather made its presence felt midway in the race so weather 2x progression should work.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2017, 01:31:PM »
Are we racing tonight

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2017, 02:24:PM »
I'm up for it.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2017, 02:38:PM »
I am in also.   Not sure if you want to use a different track tor testing, i suggest maybe Catalunya GP.  Do you guys want test some rain like I did or just go for dry weather and 40 % test?  We can discuss further in the lobby.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2017, 03:08:PM »
I don't mind mate

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2017, 04:04:PM »
I prefer the dry but I'm easy.
Are we doing a public lobby to try to boost numbers?

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2017, 04:35:PM »
I prefer the dry but I'm easy.
Are we doing a public lobby to try to boost numbers?

Yes, I was just thinking about a public lobby.  It will do good for the league.  We can set it for visual damage and ghost cars since it is public.  I imagine you will be host.   We can do our usual lobbies for maximum exposure and you can be our lead league spokesman.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #39 on: January 19, 2017, 06:59:PM »
No problem. I'll set one up for 8pm as normal.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #40 on: January 19, 2017, 10:44:PM »
Nice racing that was chaps. :-)

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2017, 09:23:AM »
I picked up 2 friend requests last night. Garygooner3 and Insanepress.
Insane disconnected but Garygooner qualified and raced. He was quick too. I'll send their names to add to our invite list.

I need to update my list too.

That was a great race last night. Love that car.
Great defending on that last lap Sarge!

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2017, 08:07:PM »
Great racing yesterday!  Skanda,  just make the 10tenths.net Race lobby thread a favorite and then anytime you are in the race lobby, all you have to do is hit the triangle button to invite and you will get the friends and favorite.  Click on favorite and all members of the lobby will be there. 

In the last race, I did something I never done before, pitted!    I noticed I am a little slower so I will be doing some furious calculations using the Indycar as base to see if I can fine tune this Formula B.   Thoughts of Formula C are invading my mind  :undecided: .    Any way,   Was there anyone that did not pit?   I will have to try the harder tires to see if I can stretch their life as I have done with the softs before. 

On another note, all three cars are even in the votes! We might have to do an administrative decision (random number generator) but I will rather have a clear winner.   Who ever thought that people would vote for the Lotus 78?  Also, we still have an extra vote for the cars so who ever voted twice for cars, see if you have some type of edit poll button.  We still have not heard from anyone if they want their favorite track included so all tracks listed will have to be part of the season.  The poll will close on Sunday unless we suddenly get lots of votes coming in.  As soon as we close voting, we will have all the necessary information to post and promote to get new drivers to join.   

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2017, 12:01:AM »
Insane disconnected but Garygooner qualified and raced. He was quick too. I'll send their names to add to our invite list.

Nice going Skanda! Would be nice if we also have some more drivers for the midfield-back of the field so that everyone can fight for something.

I already explained to lmntr that at the moment I can't focus anything at all, let alone finish a race, due to family circumstances (my father nearly died earlier this week, but things are starting to look better now).
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2017, 03:20:PM »

Nice going Skanda! Would be nice if we also have some more drivers for the midfield-back of the field so that everyone can fight for something.

I already explained to lmntr that at the moment I can't focus anything at all, let alone finish a race, due to family circumstances (my father nearly died earlier this week, but things are starting to look better now).

I might just be one of the mid-fielders or even back-fielders.   It happenned with Formula C before.   :eusa_pray:
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 03:34:PM by lmntr »