Username: Password:

Poll

Vote for one car, one race length, one assists, one lobby start time, one weather, 9 out of 12 tracks

Formula B
2 (3.4%)
Formula Gulf
2 (3.4%)
Lotus 78
2 (3.4%)
Keep current race length of a 30% f1 race that will most likely not force a pit stop
1 (1.7%)
Force a pit stop by either increasing race length, mandating pit stop or increase tire wear
4 (6.8%)
Keep current all assists allowed
4 (6.8%)
Change to no assists allowed
1 (1.7%)
Keep current lobby start time of 8PM London. (approximately qualifying start of 9PM)
2 (3.4%)
Change lobby start to 7 PM London
2 (3.4%)
Keep clear weather
1 (1.7%)
Change to 2 weather slots at 2x progression selected by lottery.
4 (6.8%)
Oulton Park International
2 (3.4%)
Azure Circuit
2 (3.4%)
Bugatti Circuit
3 (5.1%)
Brands Hatch
4 (6.8%)
Nurburgring GP
3 (5.1%)
Catalunya GP
3 (5.1%)
Sakitto GP
3 (5.1%)
Zolder
2 (3.4%)
Spa Francorchamps
4 (6.8%)
Monza
4 (6.8%)
Imola
4 (6.8%)
Snetterton 300
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: January 23, 2017, 03:21:PM

Author Topic: Suggestions for next season  (Read 4637 times)

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
Re: Suggestions for next season
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2017, 02:41:AM »
Decided to take the FB and FG1000 for a spin at the Glen.  The  FB car is very forgiving compared to the Formula Renault and its shocking to see how much more planted this car feels in the corners compared to the Indycar.  I must admit FB have the best liveries of all the open wheel.

FG1000 wasn't too much fun at the Glen but I suspect it to be because the track is too big/ long.  The short version is much better suited for this car.  If we decide to use the Gulf's for next season then we should really look into shorter track layouts.

Perhaps if we use Formula B, we could organize a constructors championship using our end of season result. Maybe structure it as such: winner and last place in the indycar championship are teammates.  Runner up and second to last  place are teammates...and such...this will ensure balanced teams at the start of the season...just a thought.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2017, 03:38:PM »
I won't be voting for next season since I can't commit to it, but I'd like to point out a few things.
We did a lot of testing, practicing and in the end the race itself was over in 25-30 minutes. Perhaps it will be nice to knock 15 minutes off the practice session use it to lengthen the race, it will probably create fuel and tire problems, so different strategies will be made. (I also think if the car for next season is more economical with tires/fuel, perhaps a forced pitstop should be introduced.
The big plus imho of Formula B are the tire choices. FG1000 only has slick and rain, FB has soft, medium, intermediate and rain.
I also think we should keep allowing assists, since it will be easier for people to join. Each assist you put on, will make you slower, but it does give you the opportunity to start racing without really knowing the car. I started out using assists, but after 2-3 races and a lot of practice I turned them off (except ABS, I hate racing without it) and sometimes during the race I turn on TC if I the wear on my rear tires becomes critical.
Tracks: it is nice to have some classic and familiar tracks on the calendar, but wouldn't it also be nice to have tracks we didn't race on the previous season? For example Zuhai, Zolder, sakkitto, Nurburgring (GP), Bugatti circuit, Dubai, Barcelona, Brands Hatch, Bathurst, Monaco...
As I said, I won't be voting on these points, but I did want to give a bit of input.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2017, 11:51:PM »
 :iagree:
Good points Dnns. I noticed that if we keep tire wear and race distance the same, the soft is the only logical choice for Formula B races.  Reducing free practice to 30 minutes and adding 30 minutes more to the race is the way to go.  Tbh, we all practice on our own time anyways.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2017, 01:35:AM »
Rambo, I would love to have teams but we usually struggle to get a full grid and then we have the usual drop offs leaving only on car team.  I tried that before and did not work, perhaps if we get a full grid and reserves, it should be considered. I like your idea of selecting liveries in the order of championship.   Dnns84, I really like the idea of offering to include the tracks we did not race this season as you described. 
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 01:36:AM by lmntr »

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2017, 02:57:PM »
That teammate idea is a great one.

We definitely need fuller lobbies though.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #20 on: January 15, 2017, 01:13:AM »
I did my first mock race with the Formula B at Watkins Glen GP and my fastest lap during the race was 1:28:020 as opposed to 1:25:8 with the Indycar.   I noticed right away that fuel usage is less than half Indycar.  Indycar for me at Watkins Glen was   3:71-3.75 liters/lap and Formula B was  1:75 to 1:80.  Not only the FB uses less fuel but it has an 80 l tank.    If this car is confirmed as expected then we might have to either mandate a pit stop or increase the tire wear.  I am not sure what most of us would like to experience during competition. 

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2017, 01:10:PM »
New Season poll is now open.  Be sure to read the first post for instructions.  Tally is visible after log in and voting.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 01:12:PM by lmntr »

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2017, 01:27:PM »
as a suggestion i think it would be worth while add real assists option in the vote.

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2017, 01:33:PM »
never mind just checked. none have real assist anyway   :embarrassed:

Offline Paciaman

• your custom title
« Reply #24 on: January 15, 2017, 05:42:PM »
Any car is ok for me. For drive assist, I vote or for complete or for real, but, if we'll play with rain (for me fantastic) I think is better use complete assist. I think that an obligatory pit stop can be cool, if you had a touch you can anticipate the pit and come back in race

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #25 on: January 15, 2017, 11:34:PM »
I'm not bothered what car but I'd say the gulf will make for better closer racing. However I'd choose short tracks and more laps. Slower cars always makes better racing, we don't have a huge grid so that would help bunch drivers up a bit.

Happy to race whatever tho.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2017, 02:03:PM »
I think allowing assists gets more drivers interested.
It's up to you if you use them or not.
It brings newer drivers in and gives them confidence when racing.
Once you get better you can go faster by turning them off.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2017, 03:08:PM »
I'm not bothered what car but I'd say the gulf will make for better closer racing. However I'd choose short tracks and more laps. Slower cars always makes better racing, we don't have a huge grid so that would help bunch drivers up a bit.

Happy to race whatever tho.

I hear that!
I love the more complicated setup of higher formulas but close racing is hard to beat.

Rambo's team idea of pairing first and last together also has me thinking.
A team championship might really work well. We should discuss this idea further.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2017, 10:40:PM »

Rambo's team idea of pairing first and last together also has me thinking.
A team championship might really work well. We should discuss this idea further.

We can certainly explore that.   Looking at the championship table we can get 4-5 teams going.  So we can start by finding out who is racing this upcoming season and complete those teams once the sign up starts.  After that is done then we can form additional teams as the new drivers sign up.

On another issue, there is an extra vote for a car.  I am not entirely sure what you guys see, do you have an "edit poll" button?, if so it can easily be rectified.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 10:41:PM by lmntr »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2017, 10:47:PM »
However, stepping into a car with only 1 tire choice (like Fg1000) could also widen the gap between the top and bottom - midfield. Take for example Silverstone, where I really couldn't make the alternates last the race, but I did manage on the primes and finished on the podium, close to the leaders. If I only had the alternates option, I would have needed a pitstop and would have finished in the back of the pack together with the other drivers who for various reasons have more problems with tire wear while a number of others could easily complete the race on the alts.
A forced pitstop will solve this though or a small fuel tank / high usage since then everyone will have to stop and not just half the field. It's just something to think about when you think about the lower formula cars.
The downforce is strong with this one