Username: Password:

Poll

Vote for one car, one race length, one assists, one lobby start time, one weather, 9 out of 12 tracks

Formula B
2 (3.4%)
Formula Gulf
2 (3.4%)
Lotus 78
2 (3.4%)
Keep current race length of a 30% f1 race that will most likely not force a pit stop
1 (1.7%)
Force a pit stop by either increasing race length, mandating pit stop or increase tire wear
4 (6.8%)
Keep current all assists allowed
4 (6.8%)
Change to no assists allowed
1 (1.7%)
Keep current lobby start time of 8PM London. (approximately qualifying start of 9PM)
2 (3.4%)
Change lobby start to 7 PM London
2 (3.4%)
Keep clear weather
1 (1.7%)
Change to 2 weather slots at 2x progression selected by lottery.
4 (6.8%)
Oulton Park International
2 (3.4%)
Azure Circuit
2 (3.4%)
Bugatti Circuit
3 (5.1%)
Brands Hatch
4 (6.8%)
Nurburgring GP
3 (5.1%)
Catalunya GP
3 (5.1%)
Sakitto GP
3 (5.1%)
Zolder
2 (3.4%)
Spa Francorchamps
4 (6.8%)
Monza
4 (6.8%)
Imola
4 (6.8%)
Snetterton 300
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 5

Voting closed: January 23, 2017, 03:21:PM

Author Topic: Suggestions for next season  (Read 3897 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Suggestions for next season
« on: December 16, 2016, 02:35:AM »
Okay, here we are more than half way of the Indycar Season and I believe now is a good time to bring forth your suggestions for the next season.  I hope that we stay with a Formula car as they are my favorite.  I will be okay with some of the exotic cars as well.  Are we still okay with having a race that can be done within the tank of fuel or do you want something longer that would force a pit stop?  What about removing the stability assist ?; this is the only assist I would like to remove even though I do not think anyone of us uses it.  We would still have the batch of the usual tracks to vote but we would allow any tracks requested.  I still like the performance affecting damage as it lets you drive back to the pits in most cases; you can still break the suspension if you hit hard enough and at the correct angle.  What about weather? I am talking about the realistic ones and none of the goofy ones like fog with thunderstorm and such.  I had devised a way to choose weather using a lottery I came up with when we ran the Formula A.

Summary of changes for next season (A vote will take place to finalize):

Vote for one car
Formula Gulf, Formula B, Lotus 78.

Vote for one race length
Keep current race length of a 30% f1 race that will most likely not force a pit stop
Force a pit stop by either increasing race length, mandating pit stop or increase tire wear.

Vote for one assists (unanimous to change)
Keep current all assists allowed
Change to no assists allowed

Vote for one start time (unanimous to change)
Keep current lobby start time of 8PM London. (approximately qualifying start of 9PM)
Change lobby start to 7 PM London ( vote for this if you do not mind early start)

Vote for one weather
Keep clear weather
Change to 2 weather slots at 2x progression selected by lottery.

Vote for at least 9 tracks you would like to have as part of the upcoming season, you may still submit your favorite track if is not on the list.  Your favorite track will take the place of the least liked track
Oulton Park International
Azure Circuit
Bugatti Circuit
Brands Hatch
Nurburgring GP
Catalunya GP
Sakitto GP
Zolder
Spa Francorchamps
Monza
Imola
Snetterton 300
(yes, that includes Azure  :sign0151: )

Points table will remain as it has worked very well to keep things tight.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2017, 01:14:PM by lmntr »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Re: Suggestions for next season
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 01:28:PM »
I won't be taking part in the next season for a couple of reasons: first of all because it just sucks driving with a pad, destroying my tires at more than twice the rate of driving with my wheel is really annoying.
Also, starting probably early february I will be 'hospitalized' for 6 weeks for a pain rehabilitation program, so I wouldn't be available until halfway through March and even then there is no certainty of me being able to use the wheel again after that.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2016, 04:49:PM »
Formula Gulf are great wee cars and would be my suggestion, I know its a bit of a change from the high powered Indycar/fomula1  cars and not everybody cup of tea though
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 01:11:PM by lmntr »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 01:07:PM »
I won't be taking part in the next season for a couple of reasons: first of all because it just sucks driving with a pad, destroying my tires at more than twice the rate of driving with my wheel is really annoying.
Also, starting probably early february I will be 'hospitalized' for 6 weeks for a pain rehabilitation program, so I wouldn't be available until halfway through March and even then there is no certainty of me being able to use the wheel again after that.

I hope that you get as much as possible relief from your rehabilition program.  You certainly have been a sport with us and we have appreciated your tenacity.  I want to let you know that you are always welcome at any time wether to take part occassionaly during a season or even for the many social races to come.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 01:12:PM »
Formula Gulf are great wee cars and would be my suggestion, I know its a bit of a change from the high powered Indycar/fomula1  cars and not everybody cup of tea though

I actually like the prospect of driving one of the lower formulas in a proper competition, without driven one it appears that they would offer close competition.  I will write down later some of the other cars I have seen that would be interesting to drive.  So anything is possible.  I appreciate your input.

Sorry above, it shows " modified".  I just hit the wrong button. 

Offline Paciaman

• your custom title
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2016, 05:35:PM »
I think is a good choice! My suggestion is that we must drive or with all control or like real drive (so, in formula, without any help) but is my opinion. For the weather conditions, I think is great race with rain! And a lottery maybe is the best to chose the conditions.

Ps: I have to jump next race, I'll race in a go kart endurance the 22th 😬

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2016, 07:28:PM »
The lower the formula, the better the racing I think. Less power makes for closer results.

Some of the closest races I have ever had have been in Formula C and Formula Gulf.

The lower formulas also have simpler setups so technique is more important than the right ride height or wing settings.
They also seem a little more resistant to damage.

Having said that, I'm an open wheel addict so as long as there's no roof on it, I'll race it.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2016, 10:40:PM »
Yesterday I did my first ever practice and race with the gulf and I must say it offered close racing.  I kept 3rd for most of the race and always withing striking distance of 1st.  At last laps I was fighting for 1st along with three others and all were very close in pace.  I did my low downforce trick and I was getting the draft before the hairpin.   All was fun until we came up to a driver intending to take us out.   I had the lead momentarely and then lost it due to this disruptive driving.   This put me in 4th just behind someone that was slower than me in certain sections and I kept working my pressure until he lost it slightly and that is when I made my pass….only to be punted by him in the next turn despite me being clean with him for more than several laps.  Next time I will try the BAC Mono or the Caterham just to get a feel for the cars suggested so far. 

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 05:45:AM »
I'm thinking longer Formula B races for next season but Im expecting my work schedule to change very soon so I might have to hang up my helmet. My start time might change to 7pm GMT. It sucks as I enjoy racing with players from the UK.  Now I'm going to have to start looking for a group of North American racers. Although I'm not certain about racing next season here are my suggestion just in case.

Cars: 1- formula b
         2- lmp1
         3- fg1000

Race day and time: I think 7-8pm GMT is better as more people are playing at that time.  Last race, with only 5 drivers was kinda disappointing. 

Assists: leave as is...

Race lengths: should be increase by 1-2 more laps.

Weather: I would like to see wet weather or more variables.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #9 on: December 24, 2016, 06:44:PM »
Thanks for your input Rambo.   Your suggestions are being considered as well.  Time change will have to be agreed unanimously as we do not want to have anyone left behind.  So far, I think Paciaman is able to join because of our later start.  Longer races to force pit stops is something to consider, my guess is that it will minimize time loss due to having to pit for damage since everyone has to, so you can take advantage of this and just combine the damage repair and fuel and decide for fresh tires or not.  I do not mind wet weather as I have done this before.    All good points including the ones proposed earlier.    We might have to bring some of this items for vote so it will be important for everyone to vote on this in the near future. 

On another subject,  I have tried the BAC MONO and it is a challenge to drive as it does not or have very little downforce so you have to drive it quite differently.  I think this one might bring us all a little closer and it is an open cockpit car of sorts.    Maybe we can try this car sometime to race as a group, including the F Gulf, Caterham Light and any other car you want to try.  We could even cancel a Wednesday mock race and race all these cars in shorter races. 

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2016, 10:13:PM »
Instead of mock races on Wednesdays maybe we can do something out of the ordinary.  Each Wednesday a different member picks a car to race on the same track that we will be racing during the season with the same race conditions.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #11 on: December 24, 2016, 11:20:PM »

On another subject,  I have tried the BAC MONO and it is a challenge to drive as it does not or have very little downforce so you have to drive it quite differently.  I think this one might bring us all a little closer and it is an open cockpit car of sorts.    Maybe we can try this car sometime to race as a group, including the F Gulf, Caterham Light and any other car you want to try.  We could even cancel a Wednesday mock race and race all these cars in shorter races.

I love the BAC. It has a great cockpit view, a lot more visibility, in my opinion and it's just a fun little car to drive, both on tracks and roads. It's also more sturdy than the formula cars, so a little contact is less likely to cause impacting damage.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #12 on: December 29, 2016, 12:27:AM »
 We tested the Formula Gulf and the BAC Mono in today's test.  The Formula Gulf was very forgiving and it gave you plenty of harmless warning.  It offers very close racing so you really have to plan your passes properly with a lot of patience.  I was able to drive it without any assists and  was competitive.  The BAC Mono had been very good to me in tracks like Monza where it has really long straights and you are able to use the horsepower and be very fast.  I drove this one without assists and was very competitive but today was my chance to try it in a twisty track like Sonoma GP.  What a difference to drive here as you really have to be really smooth on the accelerator to prevent tire spinning and you need to be fluid in the twists or you will start loosing adhesion on all four wheels!  Nevertheless, I managed to finally get the feel for it as we were only doing short qualifying sessions and 10 laps.   Then I found that Proben was blowing me away with over 10 seconds a lap.  I asked him and he confirmed that he was using at least traction control.  So the BAC Mono will probably have to be scrapped as the differences with assists and no assists might turn out to be too great. 

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #13 on: January 05, 2017, 01:32:AM »
Today, I tested the Lotus 78 (one step down from the Turbo beast) at Silverstone GP.  I must say I like the feel of it through the turns as you really have to be smooth not overcoming the antique suspension and also dealing with less gears to use.   I did not get to the a full set up tweak test but I liked this car overall.  I could test one more step down in the lotus formula line up.  I have been thinking of the car we could use for next season but I have so little time to experiment with them so I just went to the game and I came up with a list of possibilities. Some are covered but they looked so exotic.
Formula A, B, C, Gulf
Alpine A 450
LMP1 and LMP2
Prototype 2
Renault 3.5
Lotus 49B, C, D, 78, Renault Turbo
Pagani Zonda
Palmer Jaguar
Any of the Radicals.

I will be testing the Formula B as it was suggested by Rambo. 

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 02:26:PM »
I have updated the first post with a summary of changes to take effect by vote for next season.  Please look over and let me know if I missed something or you have any other suggestions.