Username: Password:

Author Topic: Short-ish endurance race Sunday November 6th  (Read 3176 times)

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Short-ish endurance race Sunday November 6th
« on: October 18, 2016, 01:32:AM »
I will be hosting a 2 hour race on Spa-Francorchamps on the 6th of November.

30 minute qualification starts at 6.30PM UK time/19.30CET/12.30PM EST. Followed by 10 min. warmup (so you can change your quali setup into your race setup and take a short break) and then a 2 hour race. No practice session included, if you want in, you have plenty of prep time.

Conditions:1st slot clear, 2nd slot random - race start 13.00 (race date) - full damage - Mech failures ON - assists allowed - setups allowed - penalties on, real tire wear, real fuel usage.

The car: GT3, take whatever car suits you the best, there's a large choice of models for you to choose from.

So, who's in :035:?

I will also advertise this on the PCforum, but if I can't get a decent grid sign-up  I shall set the race to public (but I'd rather not). The goal is a field of 16 drivers, with a minimum of 12 for a private lobby. If we don't have 12, the lobby will be public.

The goal of this race is the same as our league's: fair play, sportsmanship and it doesn't matter how good or bad you are, as long as you have fun and be respectful to the other drivers.

Cars to choose from:
-Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
-Aston Martin V8 Vantage GTE
-Audi R8 LMS Ultra
-Bentley Continental GT3
-BMW M3 GT
-BMW Z4 GT3
-Cadillac ATS-V.R GT3
-Chevrolet Corvette C7R
-Ginetta G55 GT3
-McLaren 12c GT3
-Mercedes AMG GT3
-Mercedes SLS AMG GT3
-RUF RGT-8 GT3
« Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 11:50:PM by Dnns84 »
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
Re: Short-ish endurance race Sunday 13 november
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 01:44:AM »
Count me in. I'm have little to no experience in GT3 so this will be interesting. What is the best car in the group, the McLaren? I'll probably represent North America and take the Corvette, but then again the RUF seems very appealing also.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2016, 12:53:PM »
Im thinking that perhaps Spa is a better track for a diverse field and at the maintime also long enough that you're not constantly overtaking backmarkers if you're the fastest. I like the le mans track, but every one will pick the car with the highest top speed and run it with 0 downforce.
The McLaren is a good allround car and not the hardest to handle. The RUF can be very decent, if the car suits you. I have no idea on the Corvette, I haven't driven it and I haven't seen anyone in the GT3 elite leagues drive it.
I personally like the Audi, but it lacks a bit in power, the Aston is great if you can handle it well, and the Bentley also has good speed. The Z4 is great in corners and braking and the Mercs are not bad either.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2016, 01:55:PM »
Count me in. I'm have little to no experience in GT3 so this will be interesting. What is the best car in the group, the McLaren? I'll probably represent North America and take the Corvette, but then again the RUF seems very appealing also.

I just read that the Vette is a GTE car opposed to GT3. But that means if you want to apply realistic assists (those arent forced), you will have no assists. I believe that's the same with the M3 GT. They are in the GT3 category in the game, so you can choose them if you like them.

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2016, 06:51:PM »
i'll pick the v12 Aston. #102 petroblast.  I would prefer to race at Le mans to be honest but happy to go with the majority

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2016, 07:43:PM »
You don't really have to pick a car yet, and liveries also don't matter. The problem with Le Mans is that everybody will choose the aston since that one is the fastest. Spa is also a fast track, but also more technical, the car needs to be a bit more balanced.
One of the ideas behind this race is 1. a race in a non-open wheel car  :icon_wink: and 2. a diverse field of cars/brands with their own unique characteristics.
So the track has to be long enough to suit a longer race (imagine 2 hours racing at Oschersleben C :shocked: ) and at the same time people can choose their fav car without automatically losing because it's not at all competitive at that track.

Also, if you have an incident at the beginning of le mans, it's a long long drive to the pits :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 07:46:PM by Dnns84 »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2016, 07:49:PM »
Let's just do Spa-Francorchamps for this GT3 race. And perhaps later this year or early next year we can do a LMP1 race at Le Mans.

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2016, 09:58:PM »
Fair enough. You make some good points

Offline Roundrocket

• your custom title
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 01:05:AM »
This is just an idea. How about making time laps x10 so it's a "24hr" race.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #9 on: October 19, 2016, 11:08:AM »
This is just an idea. How about making time laps x10 so it's a "24hr" race.

Would be an idea for the race at le mans next time. This race I'd rather set in the daytime.

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #10 on: October 19, 2016, 03:48:PM »
I'm up for it, would prefer to have an element of 'weather' though to spice/mix things up abit as endurance races can quickly get dull if everyone is spread out, but i'll still have a go  :thumb_up:

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #11 on: October 19, 2016, 04:19:PM »
I wouldn't mind adding 1 or 2 "random" weather slots, could be fun.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2016, 12:43:AM »
Just checked this guy's post on a GT3 forum, he drives GT3 in different elite leagues and his personal records around Spa in most of the cars that are being driven in those leagues are within 1.5 seconds from each other. There are only a couple of cars he hasn't tested, but from my experience watching those guys drive, those cars are also competitive.
Of all the cars only the Corvette and the Aston V8 I haven't seen being driven. The Ginetta isn't popular either.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2016, 10:31:PM »
I am interested on this event but I do not know from one week end to another I am available.  So record me as "possible"   I would like to use the RUF-RGT8 even if it is not the best car.   Blame it on the teenage years when I coveted the Porsche but could not afford it then.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2016, 11:25:PM »
I am interested on this event but I do not know from one week end to another I am available.  So record me as "possible"   I would like to use the RUF-RGT8 even if it is not the best car.   Blame it on the teenage years when I coveted the Porsche but could not afford it then.
I have driven the RUF for a season in career mode and it wasn't horrible for me. In the GT3 elite leagues the RUFs have been very competitive with race wins and I believe one was in 3rd place overall in the last season.
I'm not sure what car I'm going with. My favorite is the Audi, but it lacks a bit in power, the Bentley is awesome imho, especially the sound of it and the grill that lights up, but I'm not used to the handling yet. I also like the look of the mercs and they are pretty allround, so there is lots to choose from.

Just remember, on the straights you can win a little, but in the corners you can lose a lot ;)