Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 3, Road America, November 3rd, 2016  (Read 1743 times)

Offline TKFTRD1

• All American Nightmare
Re: Round # 3, Road America, November 3rd, 2016
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2016, 10:50:PM »
I managed to have a pretty good race all things considered.  Especially with only having two hours to calibrate and practice with my new wheel.  My fastest controller times were 1:43.8 qualifying and 1:45.89 on race set up.  After getting the wheel my Fastest time dropped to 1:43.4 and I was consistently running 1:44.8-1:45.5 on my race trim not to mention my tire wear was essentially non existent compared to the controller.  In the race I made a number of mistakes with 2 no damage spins.  I was able to charge back to second place where I stayed behind the bag for a good while when I decided to make my move with 3 to go.  I got a massive run coming off the carrousel hit the push to pass and caught Bags slipstream so you can imagine the closing rate.  I drafted bag through the dog leg and was going to charge past him on the right when I suddenly lost rear downforce and spun hard into the right side wall.  After pitting for damage an incident happened in front of me and I attempted a pass on IMNTR in the last corner when I lost the rear end again and slapped the wall a second time rendering my car almost undrivable.  Ended up with a p8 of 8 when Dnns passed me 50 meters before the start finish line.  Even though it ended in disaster this race has me excited for the coming races.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2016, 10:57:PM »
Here we have the start of the race from my view

https://youtu.be/SQ3bwKLcawg

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2016, 12:03:AM »
Here we have the start of the race from my view

https://youtu.be/SQ3bwKLcawg

Nice vid mate. I also shows why I burn through my tires so quickly. Every tiny correction is really abrupt, on my own screen it looks a lot more fluent, but my tires tell another story, after 6 laps I had completely destroyed my left front tire.
I really wish I could connect my wheel again, it would save me so much rubber :P I still own a G27 which I used on my PS3, but right after I bought my PS4, my back went to hell and I can't sit for long enough to use a wheel, so I lie on the couch with my controller, far from ideal, but it keeps me from going crazy.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2016, 12:46:AM »
Tbh I thought u must use a pad and was extra cautious. It looked a lot worse to me during the race than the reply shows ( Probably due to lag ) hence why I said I was glad when you went off. I didn't want to try and race to close with you just invade we touched.

I only got a wheel again a short while ago, Just change the settings so you feel comfortable. I used to race RC cars at nationals so it sort of natural to me how I had the controller set up etc. Although I was ready to throw this game in the bin when I first got it.

The only reason I got a wheel was to enhance the reality of the racing. I still lap faster with a pad on most tracks. The main difference is that you can take slightly different lines around the corners with a wheel which I've never been able to with a pad.

Truthfully I they both have + \/ - different tracks / cars effect results differently.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2016, 12:57:AM »
I have been notified that you are not able to see the championship tables.  I also have the problem myself so I will try attaching the images to this post while I figure out what the problem is.  FYI, the  attachements in this post are only visible if you are logged on.   If I continue having problems with the championship in the other panel, then I will consider attaching them as in this post.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 01:11:AM by lmntr »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2016, 02:20:AM »
@lmntr, thanks. The 2 middle images are perfectly fine for me, strange since they're on the same site.

@remco, yeah, in LMP1 and GT3 cars my disadvantage is way less. I compared my GT3 tire wear on Spa with an elite driver's tire wear and it was pretty similar. (of course he was faster, but that's just because he is way better and drives in elite leagues)
And for stuff like time trials where you don't need to worry about tires or fuel, a controller can be nearly as fast as a wheel. (All top times on pCars are set by wheel users, but on some tracks in some cars there are controller users in the top 10-20)
The downforce is strong with this one