Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 5, Imola, November 17th, 2016  (Read 1919 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Round # 5, Imola, November 17th, 2016
« on: October 09, 2016, 09:52:PM »
Imola
4.9 km
17 Turns
Clear
19 Laps

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
Re: Round # 5, Imola, November 17th, 2016
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 01:44:AM »
As much of a die hard fan of F1 I've rarely driven this track.  Did a race against the AI, they were putting down 1:27 and my best was 1:31 lol.  This is the first time I had to drop tire pressures to get heat in the tires. I like this track much better than Brno tough.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 04:04:PM »
Because a great part of this track is full throttle I will struggle a bit with fuel consumption, but I can probably manage. Did get some 1.30's on a full tank, but I have to do some testing to see if I can get my alternates to last a whole race.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 03:35:AM »
I did my first mock race without any previous practice.  I just threw myself into it putting together a quick set up since I lost all my previous set ups a little while ago.  I managed to get 3.42 liters per lap and went into the 1:30s.   I hope to improve.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 05:18:PM »
I did my first mock race without any previous practice.  I just threw myself into it putting together a quick set up since I lost all my previous set ups a little while ago.  I managed to get 3.42 liters per lap and went into the 1:30s.   I hope to improve.

I did a mock race late last night and I was getting 1.30's and even a 1.29 on the hard tires and with some short shifting and lifting every now and then I finished with about 1l left.
I am also testing some new controller settings, which require me to keep really focused throughout the race, which is nearly impossible with my meds. But I'll just practice a bit more, see if I can get my flow back, because realizing too late you're going to fast towards a corner, which I could correct with my old settings, now results in a horrible corner, losing 2-3 seconds. I hope it will eventually lead to me reducing my tire wear a bit.

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2016, 08:46:PM »
Hoping to make this one, as usual my only practice time will be the 1hr session before qualifying as i have a busy week ahead so i'll have to just hope if i make it that everything will work out ok.

It's annoying i spent quite a bit of money on my set up and have literally no time to spend a few hours with it just pissing around  :banghead: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2016, 03:30:PM »
I won't be able to make it to the wednesday mock race. Got a very early appointment at the dentist on thursday which is near my parents' so I'll be spending the night there. But I will be there for the real thing on thursday.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2016, 11:13:PM »
I love Imola on every racing game I've ever played but I can't get to grips with it at all in this game for some reason no matter what car i drive. I'm well off the pace of you guys. Having said that I'm looking forward to the race here.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 12:42:AM »
In race setup I can drive 1.30's/1.31's pretty much the whole 19 laps, if I don't make stupid mistakes. I managed a 1.27 today in qualifying, but I didn't really make a quali setup. Just less fuel and a bit less tire pressure.
The track is kind of tricky, because the track limits are really unclear at a couple of points, so it's really easy to get a 5 sec penalty.
My biggest worry is running out of fuel, I have to do a lot of short shifting in a lot of laps.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2016, 09:48:AM »
I'm not going to make tonight's race. Sorry Guys. I'm really pissed off because Imola is my favourite track.
Have a good race. Catch you next week.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #10 on: November 17, 2016, 02:32:PM »
I'm not going to make tonight's race. Sorry Guys. I'm really pissed off because Imola is my favourite track.
Have a good race. Catch you next week.

Sorry you will not be there today Skanda.   Just reminding everyone that there will be a 2 week wait for the next race.  This will give us an opportunity to do some off the wall social or even suggest a car to try for the next season….does not have to be particularly on Thursday. I think most of us are available during the week rather than a week end.     Next Thursday after this one is Thanksgiving Day at USA so I am expecting family to be around.  My wife will give me the evil eye if I dare go down to my cave  :grin:
« Last Edit: November 17, 2016, 02:33:PM by lmntr »

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #11 on: November 17, 2016, 03:11:PM »
Sorry you can't make it Skanda.  In a way it's a good thing for me because I suck at this track so more points for me I guess. Lol.

I forgot about the two weeks off. Finally I will get some time to try out an F1 2016 league race. They run their races the same time we run ours.

As for social races...well after yesterday I'm pretty much done with public lobbies. I can't stand the idiots that crash out and feel the need to wreck everyone's else's race. I am thinking about hosting a Formula Gulf race with "real weather".  Meaning if it's raining at the location in real life then we will race in rain. I remember BMW Black doing this in his Formula Rookie league and I really enjoyed it.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2016, 03:19:PM »
Just a little headsup for people who plan on joining today's session at the last moment: I needed to update my PS4 firmware today.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2016, 04:39:PM »
 Nice one thanks for the info  :icon_mrgreen:

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2016, 05:44:PM »