Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 8, Hockenheim GP, December 15th, 2016  (Read 1394 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Re: Round # 8, Hockenheim GP, December 15th, 2016
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2016, 12:19:AM »
On a different subject, I hope you guys agree with me on the decision I took on the flight to restart the race.  I just thought it was the right thing to do as we saw TK's car flip on the grid before the start, assumingly, through no fault of his own.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 01:18:AM »
It was the right thing to do mate. These things can't be helped

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 01:37:AM »
It was the right thing to do mate. These things can't be helped

Uhm, these things SHOULD be helped. The devs have pretty much ignored a lot of PS4 problems since the start and the latest patch was early this year. In today's races a lot of bugs/glitches came together: car jumping, incorrect view/timing, soundbug etc. All these things have been known since the beta and nothing has been done about it. The average patch notes read like this: We have slightly adjusted the position of the fuel gauge of car X and we tweaked the traction control of car Y in wet conditions.

Still, we have little choice on the PS4. AC is a really bad PC port and I fear GT will be a disaster. I just really wish the devs had a good look at this game before they started working on pCars2
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 02:07:AM »
I agree but it's the same with every game. They all have bugs.

Unfortunately the lag issue is highlighted with us as we have racers from all over the world. Presumably Rob is in the Scotland the internet up there must be a mere in a lot of places.

I see less lag in this game than any other and We still have good races  :steeringwheel:

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2016, 02:22:AM »
Well, here is the video link to portions of my race of the start, a helmet view lap and the last exciting laps from the spectator view.  I did not want to post my monitor video as I kept my headset on with all the problems and all you hear is clicking from my paddles.

https://youtu.be/JOI9TszYZI0

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2016, 02:48:AM »
Nice vid mate.

The upcoming races take largely place on US soil. 3 out of 4 to be precise. I know some of you guys (a lot actually)  really shine on the US circuits.
I hate them. Especially willow Springs. Stupid stretch of asphalt in the desert, I'd rather race at an oval...
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2016, 11:18:AM »
MY race was eventful after corner cutting the 1st corner I ended up at the back of the field. After working my way back through the field  I got the gap between Imntr and myself down to 5 seconds before managing a complete 360 degree spin on the kerb of turn 1. Dropping me 10 seconds behind but due to the bag and Imntr fighting for the whole race I slowly closed the gap to nothing by the end and if it wasn't for a corner cut coming into the stadium section I could of finished 3rd with the shenanigans on the last corner.

Video editing feature on youtube is down so I cant trim the video until they get it fixed