Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 8, Hockenheim GP, December 15th, 2016  (Read 1497 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Round # 8, Hockenheim GP, December 15th, 2016
« on: October 09, 2016, 08:47:PM »
Hockenheim GP
4.57 km
17 Turns
Clear
20 Laps
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 12:30:AM by lmntr »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Re: Round # 8, Hockenheim GP, December 15th, 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2016, 10:38:PM »
I did a mock race and was doing consistent 1:24s during the race and dipped a couple of times in the high 1:23s.   The set up still needs some tweaking as my car does not feel really steady.  There are several turns where my car seems that it is sliding.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2016, 06:12:PM »
Skan are you racing this week ?

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2016, 06:32:PM »
Yes, Skanda we missed you.     :icon_mrgreen:

On another subject, I have just installed a Steward Panel section located in the League Rules and other essential information Board to be used going forward. 

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2016, 11:54:PM »
Did quite a bit of testing, but my tire wear will be probably put me in last place. I ran test races with and without a pitstop and the end time is roughly the same.

This is probably also the reason why I will stop after this season until I can race with a wheel again. The disadvantage of driving with the pad is too big and annoying, especially in this format and these cars.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2016, 01:46:AM »
Dnns84, What pace are you having?  I can do no better than 1:23s .   I am a little bit apprehensive as I am the type of driver that likes to take the standard approach into the tight turns that makes me susceptible to inside moves by others.  I see Turn 1 and the hairpin as my problem areas although some time ago while running Formula A, someone did an excellent pass on my on turn 8 ( two turns after the hairpin ) and all I heard was the screaming of the engine as he went by leaving the downshifting a little bit later. 

Will you be able to host the mock race at our usual new time of 9 PM?

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2016, 02:40:AM »
On alternates I can drive 24's and a good lap would be a 23. However a pitstop is really lenghty. A 0 stop on primes is possible, but I have a harder time keeping my laptimes down. I can drive 25's, but 26's are more likely. After about 15/16 laps my left front is completely gone and my times drop into the 27's and 28's.
I can host the mockrace, no problem.

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2016, 08:28:PM »
Using the cockpit view, im really struggling judging the apex of the hairpin. The amount of times I've cut the corner is unreal

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2016, 10:44:PM »
Testrace didn't really go according to plan. In a race against the AI earlier today I was nearly 20 seconds faster. This race I made too many mistakes and the AI and I screwed up my pitstop, which cost me about 10 seconds (which would still put me in last place)

Here are the lap times:

Offline Rambo_Commando_

• your custom title
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2016, 02:26:AM »
I'm going to be last for sure judging by those times. 

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2016, 11:08:PM »
Well, I don't think I could have ended any higher, unless there was a big accident up front.
In the first formation lap, it was my fault lmntr had to pit, because my eye was off the screen for an instant and I just drove straight into his rear. My car felt fine, even though I got a message I had aero damage. But after the "green light" I drove a couple of good laps, which should have been 23's and 24's, but the were 25's an 26's. So I stuck to my plan of pitting after lap 8, this way I could undercut anyone else making a stop and I could also get back to the lap times I should be driving. My first lap after the pitstop was a 23.1.
I closed the gap to Rambo at a steady pace and we were leaving each other plenty of space when it came to the actual overtake.
After that a steady race to the finish. Too bad Skanda disconnected, because he is usual also close to Rambo and me. I had a quick look at the review and it looked like USS nautilus had a race he'll probably want to forget asap.

He're are the overviews over the times:

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2016, 11:11:PM »
Well done Pani great win. Rolling start was better to.

A right old scrap on the last few laps. Bad driving from me, totally messed up my braking into the hairpin, just did my best to avoid crashing. Pushed to hard on the last corner  :icon_twisted:

Enjoyable race though.

https://youtu.be/33HspZHFXrU

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2016, 11:16:PM »
By the way, my replay also showed lmntr finishing in 3rd, but I have seen this happening in Pro leagues and they always use the official result chart as the result, even though your screen shows something else, because that could be lag related.
I don't really care which way we do it. If lmntr and The Bag agree on being 3rd and 4th, that's fine by me, but it also creates a precedent for future races, that we trust our screens (which can be affected by lag) instead of the race results.

So, what do you guys think about this topic?

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2016, 11:50:PM »
It's not the first time we have had that when finnishing close together. He was certainly in front of me on my screen. From his comments he was on his to. If that's the case I'm happy to take 4th

As my vid shows TK was teleporting a bit when I was close to him. Nature of the beast when you play with guys a zillion miles apart I'm afraid.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #14 on: December 16, 2016, 12:12:AM »
Yes, I just saw your video and watched as at a couple of times, TK's car looked like it lagged a little bit.  Good thing it did not take both of you out and that Tk thought you took him out :icon_mrgreen: !.   I saw I ended up crossing the line first and then right after the AI took over and hit the curb going sideways and getting hit.  This made my car behind you and that is what the game took as finish. :shocked:

Congratulations to Paciaman on his triple achievement of the day!   Pole, fastest lap and win! :cheer:    TKFTRD1 finished in 2nd Place after his car gave him trouble still he managed to salvage his position.  And I, ended up in 3rd just by pure luck! :dance: .   My start after the two safety laps was okay, this allowed everyone to keep their position.  I proceeded to concentrate and try to get to The_Bag_ all race long and at times I would get right up to his transmission but could not execute the pass.  Things got more interesting as TK began to have his troubles and could not get the best out of his machine.  This tighten things up for us 3 and at the end even r_whalley looked threatening in my rear view mirrors.  As The_Bag_ stated he took to the grass trying to evade a slowing TKFTRD1 and lost momentum.  That is when I capitalized on his misfortune and managed to get ahead by a whisker.  So satisfying and yet my team had to replace some expensive parts fot the next race after my car hit the curb and went sideways and got hit by The_Bag and thanfully after crossing the finish line.    Notice how I blame the car? :icon_smile:
« Last Edit: December 16, 2016, 01:15:AM by lmntr »