Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 9, Willow Springs International, December 22nd, 2016  (Read 892 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Willow Springs International
4.02 km
9 Turns
Clear
23 Laps
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 12:31:AM by lmntr »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Re: Round # 9, Willow Springs International, December 22nd, 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2016, 02:55:AM »
Can't we replace this horrid track for the Nordschleife or something? 😜

I did practice and setup the car a while ago and saved the test race data, but I have not idea if my lap times are OK.
I do know that I have to pit in all 4 upcoming races, curious to see if others also have to make a stop.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2016, 12:52:PM »
I have not done any new testing since the last time we ran there before the season start but I remember all of us were so close in pace it was anyone's race to loose by just one mistake.  We were all doing 1:00s and I do not remember anyone doing less than a minute.  Maybe you guys at the top of the pace could finally do it.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2016, 02:26:PM »
Did some more testing yesterday and managed a fastest lap of 1.01.1 during a test race but I was going off track way too often. Those really long corners are a nightmare, go off the racing line for a second and you're driving in the dust for quite a while.
I'm going to prepare like I will be racing this Thursday, but there is a good chance I won't be able to do so. My parents will be in the neighbourhood and I might just drive back home with them for the holidays and I can't be sure I will be there in time for the start of the race.

(edit lap time)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 03:18:PM by Dnns84 »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2016, 08:16:PM »
There is also a chance I might not make it for this Thursday.  I will come in if a have a chance even if I do not qualify.  Hopefully the event will be finished within reasonable time then I should be okay.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2016, 01:08:AM »
I can't make it this thursday. My sister is flying in from London for the holidays and her plane lands about the same time practice starts. My parents are picking her up and on the way home they also pick me up (I live near the airport), I'll take my PS4 with me, but there is no chance I will be home and setup before the race starts.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2016, 02:39:PM »
Is anyone racing tonight then?

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2016, 03:02:PM »
Is anyone racing tonight then?
So far Dnns has confirmed his absence.  I myself want to race but might have a delay that could run later to cancel.  I am expecting all of our regulars there.

Offline Skanda-Five

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2016, 06:39:PM »
I'm racing tonight. Connection problems all sorted.
Optimists live longer than pessimists.
Turns out they're both right.

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2016, 08:55:PM »
Just trying to get my internet to work

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 02:05:AM »
Congratulations to TKFTRD1 on his second win of the season.   :cheer:  I came in in 2nd to equal my best result to-date.   :icon_mrgreen:  Skanda-Five managed to complete the podium on a well deserved 3rd Place!  :dance:

I had great expectations when I qualified in 2nd with just a little over 1/10 from pole.  I had a good start and was hounding Tk for more than half the race and actually was holding back as I was many times catching him in certain sections of the track but not enough to attempt a safe pass so I just held back by actually relaxing the accelerator  :icon_surprised:..maybe I should have at least shown I could get next to him occassionaly to play with his nerves.  Later in the race I made a couple of mistakes that put me several seconds back and then with a few laps to go I felt my car loosing adhesion and began to slide; in fact my engineer was yelling at me to pit for fresh tires with still one lap to go but I did not maybe hoping for an off-road excursion from TK that never happenned.  I was the one loosing ground when I come off the road and getting some damage.  I was forced to take it easy on the way back to the finish line.   Oh well, at least I got a good haul of points :great:

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 10:52:AM »
It seems Sky didn't want me to race last night  :banghead:

New internet provider required me thinks

Offline TKFTRD1

• All American Nightmare
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 06:40:PM »
 That was an incredible race I didn't expect to be able to make it without Pitting because of how terrible tire wear was in practice and qualifying. I chose to let off in the higher speed corners and allow the car to work for me instead of trying to force it through the corner as fast as possible and it kept Imntr on my bumper for a good majority of the race but it was able to help me save tires as the rubber wore down.  After a while I got into a groove and continued to hit my marks while gradually gaining distance on Imntr.  I did have one incident in the final corner where I clipped the inside kerbing and I thought I was done for since every other time I've hit there it's sent me headlong into the pit wall.  I was amazed how backing off my pace by about a second from my usual Gung-ho pace allowed me to run with virtually no rubber and only lose about 3-5 tenths of a second by the last few laps. Crazy race.