Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 10, Sonoma GP, December 29th, 2016  (Read 840 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Round # 10, Sonoma GP, December 29th, 2016
« on: October 09, 2016, 08:44:PM »
Sonoma GP
4.05 km
19 Turns
clear
23 Laps
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 12:31:AM by lmntr »

Offline TKFTRD1

• All American Nightmare
Re: Round # 10, Sonoma GP, December 29th, 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 06:48:PM »
Are we racing the GP or the National. Because the IRL runs the National circuit.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 10:03:PM »
Are we racing the GP or the National. Because the IRL runs the National circuit.

We are racing the GP layout.  It is the longer circuit and it adds another flowing and challenging high speed section rather than another chicane. 

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 12:02:AM »
I changed my controller setup after race 8 and it works wonders for my tire wear, well not in comparison to driving with my wheel, but to before. At Sonoma for example I will have to make a stop for fuel even though I potentially could finish the race on 1 set of primes.
Before my setup change I could run about 10 laps max on the alternates, now I can easily do 15-16.
I think I got the hang of the track, just need to figure out a good strat and hopefully there are some opponents to fight with after half distance and that I'm not the only one who has to make a stop.

Anyhoo, see you guys next thursday, or wednesday perhaps and I wish you all a merry christmas, or whatever you celebrate.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 06:54:PM »
I wish for you and your family and loved ones a very joyful Holiday Season and that you are blessed with a more prosperous and amazing brand New Year. :icon_biggrin:

Yesterday I did my mock Sonoma very late in the day.  Good thing I have written down the downforce levels from the last time we raced there since I lost all my data sometime ago, so that saved me a lot of time trying to figure out.   I ran out of tire near the end of the race as I did at Willow Springs.  Maybe I am pushing the car more and I need to increase downforce as my forte is to drive with very little but I need probably more to help me increase tire longevity and be able to plant my car on the late stages.  This is something I will have to test. 

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2016, 09:01:PM »
Don't think I will make it on this week chaps

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2016, 01:35:AM »
Bummer. I will be there for the race on thursday and I will also be able to host. I'm not sure if I will be there for the mock race.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2016, 02:49:PM »

Don't think I will make it on this week chaps

I am sorry you will not be there  :icon_sad:

Bummer. I will be there for the race on thursday and I will also be able to host. I'm not sure if I will be there for the mock race.

Sorry you will not be on the mock race which I think, it was set up to be our test sessions for the new cars to try!  Not sure how many will be there today as they might not be following the topics on the website so I will make an announcement on the PSN Messenger as well.    :icon_confused:

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2016, 10:28:PM »
Had a race with ups and downs, the start was good and I gained a couple of places going from 6th to 3rd, unfortunately I made too many little mistakes going wide and larger ones going so wide I was off track  :banghead:

After all the pitstops I thought: well that's it. I was about 7 sec behind Skanda and I had a margin towards Nautilus. So I was just driving my laps, not really paying attention, autopilot you may call it, and all of a sudden I saw a green dot really close. At first I thought Nautilus made one hell of a comeback, but it turned out to be Skanda. So with him 2-3 seconds behind me, things got interesting, but there weren't many laps to go and the gap remained about the same, so no overtaking attempts, which was fine by me, especially since Skanda had been setting faster laps the whole evening.

All in all a decent race, no contacts or other incidents, bummer the field wasn't larger. Let's hope for a large turn out for the last races at Silverstone and the Glen.

By the way, Paciaman was insanely fast. Am I correct when I say he lapped everyone except numbers 2 and 3? Or didn't he lap you Proben?

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2016, 11:14:PM »
Congratulations to Paciaman on his triple achievement of Pole, fastest lap and race win! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:   It is becoming a natural occurrence these days :shocked:   Not to be outdone and pulling a Hamilton out of his helmet or racing suit sleeve was TKFTRD1, making a mistake on the very first lap and overcooking the steak in turn 1?, becoming last and then embarking on an exceptional drive with a vengeance to obtain 2nd Place :icon_surprised: !   My team went nuts when they saw their elder racing stateman driver they rescued from retirement!  stepping up to the plate as usual and staying out of trouble most of the time and earning more precious points coming in 3rd Place :icon_mrgreen: !   :cheer:

I had a good start and promptly got off the accelerator and waited for TK in front to get going as he had a slightly delayed start, ending up in last place but it did not last too long since I then saw TK on the sand box.  USS-Nautilus was in front of me so then I began to make my presence felt until he made a slight mistake that allowed me a pass.    I then set my sights on Dnns84, who was several seconds up ahead so I got slightly closer each lap until he made a slight mistake….we proceeded to trade positions once more and then I said to myself….enough of that so I cleared my mind and just went for it to extend a much needed gap.  By now, I was behind proben55 who was very though to pass so I told myself……that I had made a mistake before on a different track trying to stay close to the transmission of the next competitor and had started to change my line setting up a pass when I started to slide and and loose adhesion momentarily, allowing the driver behind to pass…..so this time I concentrated  to do a Prost as I had watched his many races to study his approach,  he would get closer and closer, inch by inch, but not coming off his racing line until the guy in front may the slightest mistake.  So I followed proben55 for an eternity until I saw that his tires were going away and I would get the closest in the hairpin.  I made my presence felt several times at the hairpin by showing I could get my wing or front wheels next to him and then back off just to apply pressure and rattle his nerves until…..I saw him make a wider run then usual at the hairpin so I went for it,  I watched his dot go green so I did not let go and stayed to the right and made my pass.  And there is where I stayed for the remainder of the race…..in 3rd place and hoping for a mistake from TK that did not happenned.    So proud of the results today……Now I celebrate with the boys on another great day for the team! :great:
« Last Edit: December 29, 2016, 11:18:PM by lmntr »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2016, 03:27:PM »
I had updated the championship tables yesterday but I saw today somehow they did not show up.  I have done it again.     I was hoping to share a video from my monitor but I left my headset on and all you can hear the incessable clicking of the paddles and my breathing that sounds so much like Dark Vader.    Good thing I saved my replay though I have not viewed it, I hope to be able to make a highlights video since it looks good as we stayed very close for most of the race.   I need your help in keeping the Pcars Forum thread alive by doing an occasional post there since it appears others are  posting deliberately right after I make a post there to keep their thread on top.   I do not want a post war but it would be nice to let the world know we are actually having fun and they could join us.  :icon_smile:    I will try to work on the video today and maybe tomorrow.   If you have one please share it.

Edit:  Hopefully An0n_848 and Paciaman join in the last two races and  back TK to my clutches like Hamilton to Rosberg, maybe The_Bag and I could still have a chance ! :icon_mrgreen:

Highlights video link:

https://youtu.be/F0l2UpPu7JA
« Last Edit: December 30, 2016, 11:54:PM by lmntr »