Username: Password:

Author Topic: Round # 12, Watkins Glen GP, January 12th, 2017  (Read 1980 times)

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
Re: Round # 12, Watkins Glen GP, January 12th, 2017
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2017, 01:25:AM »
What happened to you in the first lap Rambo? I saw you getting hit in the rear pretty hard (hmm, there's a joke there somewhere :grin: ) and it looked like you were struggling with the car (could have been lag) and I thought you were on your way to the pits and you were going to give me space to get past, but when I overtook you on the inside right after the chicane at the end of the straight, I think there were only a few inches between us. I had a lot more speed at that point so I was surprised when you didn't go into the pits at the end of the first lap but instead kept driving at a decent pace. You were driving slower than you could though, my guess: you getting hit didn't offset the car, but it did cause aero damage, causing you to lose 1-2 seconds a lap. I had that happen to me earlier this season, I just couldn't get the lap times I should be driving, but the car felt OK, but when I looked at my laptop I saw I had X% aero damage. I pitted to fix it and after that I had no problems getting the lap times I wanted.

By the way, the stats for this race I collected are a bit of a mess with people being lapped, TKF disconnecting. So if anyone wants to see the lap times, I can give em to you, but since the season is over there is little to learn from this.
If anyone is interested: I have my laptop next to me on which I'm running pCars vHUD (free download from windows store) and I open the files it creates with the free program CSVpad. Your computer has to be on the same network as your PS4 and in game you should have UDP set to '1'. For each session a CSV file is created with all the timed info like I have been posting after most races.
The downforce is strong with this one

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2017, 03:03:PM »
Thank you for organising this championship. I've struggled to find one that would suit a uk time zone since these car came out. well done to Imntr and others working hard to organise everything.
At the race start my girlfriend was trying to talk to me and totally put me off causing me to jump the start. After pitting I  was pretty much last. I had a lot of fun getting through the field with a bold and risky move on Dnns i think it was going into the chicane. As soon as I got close to the bag however I lost so much downforce so I had to drop back. with tyres going off I didn't want to risk it. I don't think i would of managed to get pass if he hadn't of crashed. with only a few laps left I gave it everything to catch Imntr using push to pass but to no avail. youtube video will be up shortly.
Once again top job everybody. :sign0098:

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2017, 04:56:PM »
Thank you for organising this championship. I've struggled to find one that would suit a uk time zone since these car came out. well done to Imntr and others working hard to organise everything.
At the race start my girlfriend was trying to talk to me and totally put me off causing me to jump the start. After pitting I  was pretty much last. I had a lot of fun getting through the field with a bold and risky move on Dnns i think it was going into the chicane. As soon as I got close to the bag however I lost so much downforce so I had to drop back. with tyres going off I didn't want to risk it. I don't think i would of managed to get pass if he hadn't of crashed. with only a few laps left I gave it everything to catch Imntr using push to pass but to no avail. youtube video will be up shortly.
Once again top job everybody. :sign0098:

Whenever some mishap happens while I am racing, I just pretend that there was a malfunction or crew mess up.  In your case, you were called to the pits to fix a potential problem!  :icon_mrgreen:

I had a good time running a season with all of you.  You make it all worthwhile and I thank you for being part of it.

Here is the link to my race from the monitor.  I hope it is not too boring as fought only with Skanda in the early stages and then it was all about trying to get to probe55 some seconds up ahead.  I had not the camera properly aligned so there is a little cut out of some of the information.   There is a particular turn that excited me and that is the last 2nd gear turn before the front straight away; Sometimes you could hear a bounce in the middle of the turn that would induce a throttle undulation in response to the bumps on the road, reminiscent of the Senna videos where you can hear this clearly just about in every turn.  Too bad, I do not have his speed.   :icon_sad:   

https://youtu.be/SQVuGXVkRFk
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 05:00:PM by lmntr »

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2017, 06:51:PM »

Here is the link to my race from the monitor.  I hope it is not too boring as fought only with Skanda in the early stages and then it was all about trying to get to probe55 some seconds up ahead.  I had not the camera properly aligned so there is a little cut out of some of the information.   There is a particular turn that excited me and that is the last 2nd gear turn before the front straight away; Sometimes you could hear a bounce in the middle of the turn that would induce a throttle undulation in response to the bumps on the road, reminiscent of the Senna videos where you can hear this clearly just about in every turn.  Too bad, I do not have his speed.   :icon_sad:   

https://youtu.be/SQVuGXVkRFk

Just curious why you use an external camera instead of the share function of your PS4? I believe you can also adjust setting like 'don't record voice chat' etc

Offline Rob

• your custom title
    • youtube
« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2017, 07:46:PM »
https://youtu.be/m1iFcIynlNc

race from Watkins Glen

Offline thebag69

• 10tenths Moderator
  • your custom title
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2017, 10:43:PM »
I had zero practice for this race and expected to be at the back. Not sure how I managed to get to 3rd TBH.

Had a enjoyable race until I crashed. I've watched my replay and Robs and TBH I haven't got a clue why I lost it. Didn't hit anything didn't do anything different. Ah well this is racing good fun though. Although watching the replays I learned some stuff  :dance:

I'm like Rob it's hard to find people to race with at a time that suits. I've enjoyed this thanks for organising I'm sure I will be in for whatever comes next. Hopefully without internet issues I've had of late.

Dams get yourself signed up. You will be missed  :steeringwheel:

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2017, 10:46:PM »

Just curious why you use an external camera instead of the share function of your PS4? I believe you can also adjust setting like 'don't record voice chat' etc

I thought you can only record up to 15 minutes at a time and you had to restart everytime you wanted a longer video.   I just did not want to deal with the possibility to mess up my screen trying to do this on the flight.

Offline Dnns84

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Just call me Dennis
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2017, 11:46:PM »

I thought you can only record up to 15 minutes at a time and you had to restart everytime you wanted a longer video.   I just did not want to deal with the possibility to mess up my screen trying to do this on the flight.

You can set the recording also to 30 or 60 minutes.

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2017, 12:59:AM »
Ha, Dnns84, just goes to show you I am a little behind.   I thought 15 minutes was the limit so I went back to the menu and saw up to 60 minutes  :undecided: !