Username: Password:

Author Topic: Willow Springs International  (Read 816 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Willow Springs International
« on: September 11, 2016, 01:33:PM »

Another track I have never driven.  We are trying the Dallara Indy Car as this car was identified as a possible option.  I do not own the car yet and I am not sure if I will just use it when the host opens lobby or I will just buy it.  If I do not buy it, then I will make my practice runs with the Formula Renault 3.5 just so that I learn the racing line and the nuances of the track.     See you guys again next Thursday.   New drivers are welcome!

Note we are using the Dallara Indy Car to test for possible season car selection.

WILLOW SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL
September 15th, 2016 8 PM London time (1 hour practice, then regular session starts 9 PM. You may enter at your leisure during the hour long practice.)  * notice time change
Race Length 23 Laps
Rolling Start - No
In-game Race Start time - Race Date, 14:00 hrs. and Real progression.
View
Any View
Assists
All
Damage
Performance impacting
Mechanical Failures yes
Tire wear
x2
Fuel Usage Real
Auto Start yes
Flag penalties on
Default set up - no
Ghost car - no (for socials is set to yes)
Identical cars - no
class - FR 3.5
Weather and progression - Fixed Clear.

1hr. Practice
Qualifying 15 mins
Warm up - 5 mins
Race 23 Laps
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 01:42:PM by lmntr »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Re: Willow Springs International
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 10:25:PM »
We just finished the race at Willow Springs International and I can tell you it was a blast! I managed to get the pole and fought hard to get the win! Congratulations to Roundrocket for his 2nd Place and to Rambo_Commando on his 3rd Place. I had an excellent start and kept it in front but soon I would be hounded by Roundrocket at certain sections of the track in the first half of the race and then we made a pit stop together, I was delayed a second or two and when we resumed he kept getting away ever-so slightly. He must have got into an incident because suddenly I was in front by about 8 seconds, which I kept until the end. I forgot during the play how many times I would get the push to pass so I started using it on lap 14 of the 23 laps. ( is it 10 ? ) Anyway, all of us apparently loved the Dallara as it offers very close racing when compared to the Renault 3.5. For all I know, An0n_848, lillionscage and gjorge would leave us behind by 3 seconds again as they were absent and we could not compare pace.