Username: Password:

Author Topic: RACE # 8 ROAD AMERICA MARCH 3, 2016  (Read 1972 times)

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
RACE # 8 ROAD AMERICA MARCH 3, 2016
« on: February 25, 2016, 11:47:PM »
ROAD AMERICA
6.51km
14 Turns
23 Laps
Hazy and Light Cloudy :13:

1. This is the second longest track with some fast sections as in Spa, will you set your car similarly?

2.  What is your opinion of Road America?

3.  This track has some long sraight sections, how will you make good use of them?

Here is the link to the race highlights:

]https://youtu.be/_iyk0_81i0A/youtube
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 02:25:AM by lmntr »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
Re: RACE # 8 ROAD AMERICA MARCH 3, 2016
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2016, 06:59:PM »
1. This is the second longest track with some fast sections as in Spa, will you set the car similarly?
Well, My set up for Spa does not look anything like at Road America but just the fact that it has long stretches makes me want to try out some low downforce set ups :dance:

2. What is your opinion of Road America?
I love it! Of Course, I am biased due to being my home track and having actually driven a formula car in anger there, see my avatar picture? After finishing the day there, I realized the seriousness of you taking a car at speed even more than before.  Any way, I like its long stretches and many fast flowing turns! :steeringwheel:

3. This track has some long straight sections, how will you make good use of them?
I hope to set up my car in such a way that if I get passed on the straight they will see me coming up right back at them with the tow! :icon_mrgreen:  I did that once in Monza and it actually worked, the faster gus had to really work for several laps just to make sure they stayed ahead!

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2016, 06:38:PM »
Sorry i won't be able to make it tonight guys, got a long night in my workshop building the kart, i should be around for the next one, have a good race! :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :flag:

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2016, 06:56:PM »
Sorry i won't be able to make it tonight guys, got a long night in my workshop building the kart, i should be around for the next one, have a good race! :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance: :flag:

25 points are available!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:   (After the race     :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: 25 points were available :embarrassed: :embarrassed: :embarrassed: )
« Last Edit: March 05, 2016, 03:48:PM by lmntr »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 02:29:AM »
    The Podium:  PeXy123 emerged triumphant onto the podium with uncontainable delight.  His fans were celebrating his near-perfect performance; he had promptly passed at the start and never looked back and his team was ecstatic.  The British fans that had traveled to America were more than happy to see their hero on the top step after having witnessed mastery in motion.  KARASmm in 2nd Place, had done his best and had to be helped out of his car in near exhaustion; he was seen limping out of the car favoring his left foot and was complaining of not being to able to use the accelerator with finesse we are accustomed to see.   Later, it was found that a British fan had pinched his right big toe with a beer keg that had been dropped accidentally during a pre-race function. Was it really an accident? We wonder now.  DolbyHomeTheathe in 3rd Place, was late at the podium and had been found sidetrack near the “kink”, he was contemplating the area of the track that had been both the scene his incredible pass and his worst nightmare.  He was back in the podium having been taken there by motorbike by a friendly Polish fan.

Race Report:  I qualified 3rd  and crashed out before the lap was over!  At the start, DolbyHomeTheathe had passed me like a bat out of hell!!  The car was handling very nervous and erratic since practice time; I had felt this before but did not pay attention to it as I was always able to getting the best of it during previous practice sessions.  My engineer later scold me so loud I had to remove my earpiece in pain; I had activated both the DRS and KERS exactly at the same time and my ultra-low down-force set up could not dampen the massive force that overpowered the soft and fragile rear springs inducing a violent over-steer I was unable to recover from.  At the end I received 4th Place by the fact that neither An0n-848 nor cristobal_462 were able to compete due to a mysterious illness that befell them the night before.   

Excuse me while I drown my sorrows with a bottle of Patron Tequila I was given by a quiet team member when he saw me return to the garage and after seeing the look of disappointment from my Team Principal.  He whispered in my ear “ we are going to be okay, buddy”

Now it is time to announce a race that will bring fear:  Spa Francorchamps in the rain!!   The thought of a high-speed low down-force track in the rain inspires horrific nightmares!  The race will start in light rain that will continue to worsen as the race goes on.   See you there!!

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 02:32:AM »
Look for the race highlights video link the the first post.

Offline PeXy

• your custom title
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2016, 09:27:AM »

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2016, 02:44:PM »
PeXy123, Thanks for posting your fastest lap.  It is always interesting to watch these videos.   Now you can post your set up too! :icon_mrgreen: