Username: Password:

Author Topic: Cameras in the new league  (Read 6724 times)

Offline Tamworthfox

Cameras in the new league
« on: December 26, 2015, 09:04:PM »
Hi all. I'm practising for this league and I know the cameras how been set so it's just cockpit cameras, but I just can't get to grips with it at all. I can barely see turns and I know I can hange my seating position but it's still very difficult. Personally I'd rather have good wheel to wheel racing rather than realism. Using the to cameras I'm already a second a lap faster than what I am being stuck with cockpit cameras. I want to race at the front of he grid and I feel I can't get near there if I'm struggling even seeing the track I'm at

Offline tigerpaw11

Re: Cameras in the new league
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2015, 06:52:AM »
I see your point Tom but imo it is a matter of practise and getting used to it.
Myself, coming from f1 2010-14 mostly using helmet cam ( the one mounted on top of the helmet or maybe it was mounted even a bit higher) there were a bit of 'getting used' to the cockpit cam. But now, i'm slower using any camera but cockpit cam.

Offline Shuntaro84

• your custom title
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 11:20:AM »
Well I do understand the problem and your point of view. But must side with Tigerpaw on this one. This league is about realism if not ABS and traction control would be allowed  :icon_wink:

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2015, 02:42:PM »
It's proving a bit tricky for me too as i've always used a t-cam as i favoured lap times over realism.

I've always ran with no driving assists and full realism just not when it came to the camera view i used  :eusa_think:

I'm going to try and adapt anyway and just try and get on with it and hopefully eventually everything will click and it will become normal.

The only other issue i have is why the hell did they let the FA cars use DRS around the whole lap?  really daft feature thats not needed as if everyone has access to DRS all the time it cancels it out rendering it less useful, but i suppose it keeps your hands busy on the wheel :eusa_dance:

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 03:08:PM »
It's proving a bit tricky for me too as i've always used a t-cam as i favoured lap times over realism.

I've always ran with no driving assists and full realism just not when it came to the camera view i used  :eusa_think:

I'm going to try and adapt anyway and just try and get on with it and hopefully eventually everything will click and it will become normal.

The only other issue i have is why the hell did they let the FA cars use DRS around the whole lap?  really daft feature thats not needed as if everyone has access to DRS all the time it cancels it out rendering it less useful, but i suppose it keeps your hands busy on the wheel :eusa_dance:

I have always used cockpit view and tried other views and did not like it.  Not that it makes me any faster it just a preference I guess for realism.  It has been reported on some boards as slightly slower                 
when compared to t-cam but in my experience all things being equal, the fast guys will still be fast with the same settings. As for DRS, it is a matter of set up and knowing when not to deploy it as it can come back and bite you into oversteer.  Sometimes people forget to turn it off in a lapse of concentration and crash.   KERs can only be used for a definite amount of time each lap.   I can count easily in one hand the people faster than I am so I will probably qualify somewhere midfield; my only weapon is that I can usually (not always) run consistent laps while others get in trouble due to youthful exuberance and overoptimistic moves.   It is beginning to feel like I am back in my old league where I ran mostly in the back seeing the caliber of drivers joining.  I will still stick it up until the end no matter what.  I too, would love to drive in front but I can appreciate and acknowledge those that have tremendous talent.  I will keep practicing and hope to see you all on track.

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 05:19:PM »
I've got to get some practice in, i've only had 1 proper go with these cars and the in cockpit view and i was a bit useless so i have a long way to go.  Not having the time to practice will cost me but i'm building my new kart which at the moment is still a bare chassis so i'm putting alot of hours into that.

hopefully if i can't be fast, i can be consistent  :eusa_dance: :flag:

Offline tigerpaw11

« Reply #6 on: December 30, 2015, 07:17:PM »
I've got to get some practice in, i've only had 1 proper go with these cars and the in cockpit view and i was a bit useless so i have a long way to go. 

This could be one of the best sandbagging attempts i've seen  :icon_wink: :sign0098: :icon_wink:

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2015, 07:48:PM »
 :sign0103: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

Doing some laps around Wakins glen GP, if i can get into the 1.17's  i think i can be happy with that, although i have no idea what times other people are doing :eusa_think:
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 07:56:PM by An0n »

Offline tigerpaw11

« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2015, 10:31:PM »
I think getting into 1.17's is very competetive. 

Offline lmntr

• Admin
  • your custom title
« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2015, 10:39:PM »
:sign0103: :eusa_dance: :eusa_dance:

Doing some laps around Wakins glen GP, if i can get into the 1.17's  i think i can be happy with that, although i have no idea what times other people are doing :eusa_think:

It sounds really fast :rolleyes: .

Offline Tamworthfox

« Reply #10 on: December 30, 2015, 10:49:PM »
See now I'm stuck doing 1:21s I can't get faster than that

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #11 on: December 31, 2015, 01:04:PM »
See now I'm stuck doing 1:21s I can't get faster than that

We'll have to sort a session out later mate if you want

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2015, 11:15:PM »
Another thing i need to sort is my wheel, i'm using the T500rs but getting no feel with these cars, especially over bumps and kerbs, and the wheel shakes alot in a straight line, so i think i'm going to default all the settings and start from scratch, or try settings people have posted on various forums.

Offline Tamworthfox

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2016, 08:18:PM »
I'm using that wheel with the f1 add on and it's doing exactly the same I don't get what it is

Offline tigerpaw11

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2016, 11:39:PM »
I have a t300 and before i started to use the settings given by jack of spades, my wheel behaved as you guys describes. But i have to calibrate it every time i starts the game and in some sessions the steering ratio is a bit crazy (have to re-enter the lobby then). Hopefully you get it to work properly cause when it works, it's a joy to  :steeringwheel: