Username: Password:

Author Topic: 10 tenths  (Read 7941 times)

Offline Tamworthfox

10 tenths
« on: August 16, 2015, 10:12:AM »
not gonna lie I miss getting online on a Saturday evening and competing against you guys. F1 2013 provided some amazing racing.

We need to review our options. There's f1 2015 which lets be honest is not a playable game at the moment, the bugs are slowly but surely going but as it stands it's not good enough. 2014 I think we a shambles I hated that game with a passion, the cars were poor to drive and it just wasn't fun. Project cars released a patch 3.0 not too long ago containing some pretty cool stuff. Project cars the game looks phenomenal. The only reason I'm not fond of league racing on it is the vast amount of settings and set up options, that's amazing and everything but it means putting so much more work into finding the perfect set up. F1 2013 I loved, although it is a step backwards, we know the net code is fairly good, the racing is also great (well for me it was vs An0n and many others) I'm in favour of going back to f1 2013 if I'm honest I just miss league racing and the competition, il do whatever to start getting involved again. There's also gran turismo which is also amazing to race on but I'm presuming nobody wants that.

I don't know I just wanna get back into racing again, I don't care what game, as long as there's competition

Offline dman2607

• #SO DONE WITH CODEMASTERS
  • 10Tenths coordinator
Re: 10 tenths
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2015, 08:27:PM »
I agree with you tamworth but i am pretty sure some old members have left which is unfortunate. It looks like only me, you, anon, willo and rancie still visit but i have a couple of friends who are pretty keen on league racing and yeah we can just get people to join i guess. f1 2013 was fun even though i was no where near as fast as ou guys i loved the battles with people. If we agree on project cars or f1 2015(if it gets fixed) i will be happy to buy either one or both.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 08:29:PM by dman2607 »
You must always be on the limit when racing.

Offline Willo

• 10Tenths coordinator
  • Button/McLaren fan
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2015, 08:51:PM »
Id be more than happy to step down onto f1 2013. As tamworth said it was the best for gameplay and the battles were fabulous! So if we can muster up a few more ppl i thinm that would be a more than viable option to do.

Offline Rancie

• Admin
  • 10Tenths Steward
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2015, 03:50:AM »
F1 2013 or 15 are not an option here. I gave my PS3 along with all my games and peripherals to my nephews. I still don't have a wheel for my PS4 cause I'm in the middle of 2, yes 2 financial battles over my back injury which I am hoping will be settled by years end. I refuse to buy F1 2015 because I feel that supporting codebusters will only result in running F1 further into the ground. Bernie needs to wake the fuck up and find a competent developer. I have Pcars but uninstalled it because I absolutely cannot drive with a control pad. I will support whatever is decided and help in any way I can.

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2015, 04:40:PM »
I got a refund on my copy of F1 2015, i never even bothered to open it, and i don't see myself ever trying it either.

F1 2013 would be a hard sell to get a good grid of drivers to race against that would reliably turn up every week and race, and like the others, i sold my copy a while ago too and i'm about ready to put the ps3 in my spare room and just use it as a media server and watching films on with the spare tv.

I'm currently in an AOR league racing the GT3 cars which is quite good fun but there are things over there that are already bugging me.

I agree with what Tam says about the setup options in Pcars to a point but  i love the fact you actually have a hell of a lot more scope than you did with codies games which just basically required you to run the same setup at every track sliding the setup bar to either 1 or 11 which was fucking boring and an insult to F1 cars in general.

The thing i've found with the Pcars setups are that once you have a good base setup, you don't really need to alter it much, it's just finding a good base to work with and you're good to go really.

Over at AOR the racing is great, but the site sucks, no ones really posting or having a laugh, it's literally just a case of turning up to each race, leaving a comment in the forums after, and thats it, everyone vanishes until the next race.

I dislike the F1 style cars in Pcars at the moment and it's for 1 reason only, for some reason they let you open the DRS whenever you like and to me thats just fucking annoying, distracting and just gay.  I prefer the lower formula GP2/GP3 style cars much more.

Anyway, i don't see myself being at AOR for too long, the place just lacks a few things despite it being run professionally and having a lot of members, for me it doesn't have much more going for it, but unfortunately thats where the people are, i ventured around various other forums looking to sign up for a league but 90% of forums were either so badly designed i got pissed off before even thinking about registering, or they have stupid rules and require you to do the equivalent of re inventing the wheel just to be in a position to race in their precious leagues.

I think for console gaming at the moment, Pcars is the way to go,  F1 2015 is just being played by fanboys and kids.

I do miss racing with you guys, we just got fucked over as we were just getting off the ground becoming established, then codemasters released 2 shit tier games that our league was based on.

Post idea's and we can go from here

Offline dman2607

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2015, 02:07:PM »
i will be happy to purchase project cars. But i do have one other suggestion. F1 RACE STARS!!!. Amazing handling literallly the car feels like well an f1 car, its fun with powerups and crap and no pad vs wheel shit. There is no lag or sidepod glitches. YAY!!. Not that you can really use a wheel but that was one of the best games codies ever created. But since gcse results are over, game on even though alevel is even more time consuming i will still love to race you guys again. How long has it been/

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2015, 04:12:PM »
F1 2013 or 15 are not an option here. I gave my PS3 along with all my games and peripherals to my nephews. I still don't have a wheel for my PS4 cause I'm in the middle of 2, yes 2 financial battles over my back injury which I am hoping will be settled by years end. I refuse to buy F1 2015 because I feel that supporting codebusters will only result in running F1 further into the ground. Bernie needs to wake the fuck up and find a competent developer. I have Pcars but uninstalled it because I absolutely cannot drive with a control pad. I will support whatever is decided and help in any way I can.

Have you tried pcars with the latest patch? there has been 3 now and one of them was supposed to drastically improve the pad control behaviour and added support for more wheels, might be worth a shot mate.

I'm going to look into the possibility of advertising the site on other sim racing sites, not by posting in message boards but actually having an ad on a page or something, if the price is right i'll try it, there's one i have in mind that i've written a couple of articles for that gets alot of traffic so could be worth looking into, this way it will attract more serious racers, or thats the plan, and not people who sign up and then piss off after 2 races.

I think as an idea we should consider the Formula B class in pcars,  they are quick, handle nicely and not a ball ache to get a good baseline set up, could do with someone joining me in a few test sessions to see how much we enjoy it.

Offline Tamworthfox

« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2015, 10:32:PM »
I just wanna race as long as it's like how it used to be on 2013. I miss it

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2015, 04:46:PM »
Lets sort out an evening on pcars this week then  :thumb_up: :thumb_up:

Offline Tamworthfox

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2015, 10:44:PM »
I'm over at America atm il be back on the 8th September I'm free any day as of then

Offline dman2607

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 04:31:PM »
So just to confirm, are we using project cars for just racing in general and stuff

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 07:27:PM »
It's the best all round racing game out on the ps4 at the moment.

If i wasn't putting most of my money into real racing i would have a gaming pc and be playing rfactor, but pcars will do  :eusa_dance:

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2015, 06:48:PM »
Quick update re: the league

I'm reaching out to alot of communities and now even facebook groups, despite the fact i hate facebook it could be a useful tool.

I'll keep trying to gather interest and see how it goes

Offline dman2607

• 10Tenths coordinator
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2015, 05:51:PM »
is f1 2015 an option because apparantly it has had a load if patches

Offline An0n

• why so serious?
  • Admin
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2015, 08:14:PM »
I'm not sure, i've not looked into the game at all since i got a refund on my copy, if they've fixed alot of the issues i'd consider it, but i still think pcars is a better game, especially for leagues.

I'm going to look into the new pcars communities thing they've setup, see if i can drum up some interest that way.

i'm still working on this league, not giving up yet.